Tell me about the Magic...

Jajone

We are looking at doing a 5 day on the Magic next year. I am having a nard time finding info about it. We have done the Fantasy and Dream. What is different, not to miss? Is there a pirate night?Anything special about the dining? Does it have the Rainforest room in the spa?

Have you tried Google, trip reports, or the DCL web site?

Yes, there is a rainforest room. Yes, there is a pirate night. There are three dining rooms, different from those on the Dream and Fantasy. There are three main production shows, different from the Dream and Fantasy.

The Magic is our favorite ship (although we haven't been on the re-imagined Wonder). It is much more friendly and intimate than the big ships IMHO.

There is no Remy. There are not as many electronic bells and whistles. They ruined the atrium area when they made it look like a miniature Fantasy. No mini golf. Not as many water features. No library (no DCL ship has one any more) but a nice loaner bookshelf in the Cove Cafe.

Edited by moki'smommy

We are looking at doing a 5 day on the Magic next year. I am having a nard time finding info about it. We have done the Fantasy and Dream. What is different, not to miss? Is there a pirate night?Anything special about the dining? Does it have the Rainforest room in the spa?

The Magic is my favorite ship, but the rainforest room is NOTHING compared to th Fantasy. Smaller, less crowded. Tangled, which is awesome.

The Magic is my favorite ship, but the rainforest room is NOTHING compared to th Fantasy. Smaller, less crowded.

I totally agree and think it is ridiculous that the rainforest costs the same on all ships when it is so much better on the newer ships. But OP can see it on a tour on embarkation day and decide whether it is worth doing or not.....we find that during cool weather cruises, I like it. During hot weather or port intensive cruises, I don't mind skipping it.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone been on the 15 night transatlantic Magic cruise? we are a married couple traveling alone this time without any family. wondering if I am going to be bored or get cabin fever with all the days at sea....not to mention the long long flight back to Orlando (10 hours) then another 2 1/2 to Indianapolis.

• 2 weeks later...

We just did a 5-night on the Magic in October 2016 to Canada. Although the Fantasy is my favorite, there are many things to love about the Magic. What I do not love is the Rainforest Room (a top favorite on the Fantasy/Dream). It's small and totally not worth the money, IMO. Keys, the piano lounge is really great and something you can't get on the larger ships. I miss having Remy and Meridian, but there is still Palo. The adult pool area is much better on the Magic (bigger pool, more seating). The quick service pool deck food had more interesting options, but the lines got long and the locations are cumbersome. The drink station is at the back of the ship rather than mid-ship (although the ship is smaller).

Has anyone been on the 15 night transatlantic Magic cruise? we are a married couple traveling alone this time without any family. wondering if I am going to be bored or get cabin fever with all the days at sea....not to mention the long long flight back to Orlando (10 hours) then another 2 1/2 to Indianapolis.

I've done at least 4 TAs on the Magic. Love them. Best cruise ever. There are lots of activities that don't normally happen, a different dinner theme and menu each night, etc. There is usually a roll call or FB group that arranges additional activities--we had a book swap, cabin tours (so we could see the various cabin types), private tastings, a pajama breakfast, etc.

I agree that there is no way the rainforest on the classics compares with the newer ships and that to charge the same fee for them is a rip off...which is why I don't go to the rainforest any more. Also, I found that I really liked it on cooler cruises, but it doesn't interest me in warmer weather.