MSC Divina Yacht Club Cabin Choice-Help Please

TRAVELINGMAN2

Our friends have asked us to cruise with them on the Divina in the Yacht Club. The only cabin available is 16001. Has anyone sailed in this cabin? Any photos? Can we sit on the balcony? Is there any view at all? How is the cabin itself? It looks longer than some of the others. I really appreciate any opinions, photos, etc.

Thanks

Our friends have asked us to cruise with them on the Divina in the Yacht Club. The only cabin available is 16001. Has anyone sailed in this cabin? Any photos? Can we sit on the balcony? Is there any view at all? How is the cabin itself? It looks longer than some of the others. I really appreciate any opinions, photos, etc.

Thanks

If 16001 is all that is left, Book IMMEDIATELY. It is one of the more narrow cabins in the foredeck area, I don't know for sure, but I don't think there is a deck, maybe just panoramic windows, I could be wrong and I am certain someone will correct me. Either way you will have the entire 3 Decks of the YC as well as the rest of the vessel. I don't have or couldn't find any cabin specific photos or videos but I will keep looking for you and share if I come across anything. Happy Hunting. BOOK IT!!

Can you tell if there are flags and lights in front of the balcony? I have been trying to blow up photos of the front of the ship to no avail. Doctor know inches keep the lights on all night?

Here is a link to Divina's webcams(Click on the "Webcams" tab). If you look at the bridge cam,,there are a string of lights but no flags,,,not sure if the lights stay on all night or not,,I've never really paid any attention to it.

http://www.msccruisesusa.com/us_en/Ships/MSC-Divina.aspx

Edited by Mikesa1721

I know. It wouldn't be bad. I guess the glass and metal blocks the wind and you are able to sit out there. Does anyone know if a lounge chair fits on the balcony? Can't tell you how much I appreciate you answering my questions.

I'm not 100% sure of the depth of those balconies,,,I know we stayed in 16008 which is a YC3(Royal Suite) and the lounger came very close to the railing with very little room behind so trying to maneuver around the loungers may be an issue.

MSCDivina08-23-2014123of829_zps49e0ffef.jpg

Edited by Mikesa1721

I stayed in this cabin on the divina, the balcony is just like the photo mikesa1721 posted. I found the balcony is closed in and other people may be disappointed. We missed seeing the sea and waves. I loved yacht club and would stay again. We have now done a non YC cruise on preziosa and missed the private pool deck the most. The pools in the rest of the ship are so busy compared to YC.

Thanks so much for the photos Joanne and Mikesa. Joanne we will probably be disappointed like you were, because we like looking at the ocean also, but I guess we will keep the cabin and go on the cruise. Were you able to sit out on the balcony? It looks like the cabin is a little longer, is that true? We are looking forward to the Yacht Club.

I was in 16003 on Splendida. The hull of the ship was even higher than it appears to be on Divina in the photos posted here so at least you'd have a view of the sea which we didn't have!

It can be quite windy, being at the front of the ship.

Don't let the balcony be a deal-breaker - YC is fantastic with the dedicated pool area more than compensating for any balcony issues. I'm not one for sitting around the pool as I don't care for the crowds and the noise and love the sanctuary of the balcony. But in YC I loved the pool deck with the bar and buffet area on hand!

TRAVELINGMAN2 the balcony had two chairs and the footstool. We sat out there with a coke zero most evenings. Don't forget the mini bar is included in yacht club and the fruit basket which was refreshed every day.

The photo was taken in Miami and is looking at another cruise ship, you can see the blue of Miami harbour. The view is great, but I would prefer a side cabin if we YC again, but if I was only offered the front ones I'd take it. Also we had the best butler Johnny who lioked after Sofia Lauren and royal suites so it is the best service on the ship

The photo was taken in Miami and is looking at another cruise ship, you can see the blue of Miami harbour. The view is great, but I would prefer a side cabin if we YC again, but if I was only offered the front ones I'd take it. Also we had the best butler Johnny who lioked after Sofia Lauren and royal suites so it is the best service on the ship

Johnny from Madagascar!!! He was our butler twice,,unfortunately, he is no longer on Divina,,,Adi,,the Top Sail Lounge bartender is no longer in the YC either,,he moved to the Divina Bar,,he says he is much happier there.

Thanks Ferniedog. I was worried that we wouldn't have a view at all. I only drink Coke Zero. Before the cruise do they ask you what you want the refrig. to be stocked with?

You can ask for the fridge to be stocked with your favourites and ask them to take away the non -favourites - Its your choice :)

You can also ask for a refill at any time of the day - you can have drinks delivered to your suite from the bar in the Yacht Club. I ventured out one day with ice bucket in hand - heading to the Top Sail for Ice and Lemon for my g&t. I popped my head out and the butler said "no, no, no madam. Go back to your suite - I will do this. And he did every day before dinner delivered my g&t's with ice and sliced lemon :)