Scenic Jewels of Europe

kcherie924

Has anyone done the Scenic Jewels of Europe trip from Budapest to Amsterdam? We have a room on the sapphire deck and was wondering how storage/closet space is? Does the boat dock all day at the different ports so that after an excursion we can wander around the town? In general how was it?

• 2 months later...

We will be doing this cruise on the Jade in Nov, so I can't tell you about the closets/storage yet, but I can maybe help with the port info.

I was also curious about how much free time we will have in each port.....we are used to ocean cruising and booking our own excursions. When I couldn't get any answers from our TA, I emailed Scenic directly and they got back to me very quickly with a list of planned docking/departure times from each port. We were really surprised to see how short our stays were in some ports. ie. Sometimes the boat will drop passengers off in one town in the morning, then pick them up in a different town that afternoon. Scenic was very clear in pointing out that the times in/out of port change frequently depending on river conditions and traffic. If you want to email me, I can send you a copy of what they provided me. They also sent me a more complete list of the excursion options we will have....although it doesn't give start times.

suechee8 at gmail dot com

We did it from Amsterdam to Budapest 2 years ago, absolutely wondeful!

There is sufficient storage but you do need to be tidy. Rooms on river cruise boats are nowhere near as big as ocean cruises. Everything you need is there, just be tidy!

How long you stay in each port varies. Often there is plenty of time to 'do your own thing'. Just be aware that sometimes due to river/canal conditions depature can be brought forward, so before you go off to 'do your own thing' ask at the desk. We found the staff very friendly and only to willing to help. Unlike an ocean cruise I have never heard of anybody being left behind!

We are about to do our 3rd Scenic cruise, I can't wait!

Your right old biddy keep tidy and your fine there is plenty of storage space and don't forget you can store your suitcases under the bed and if you need extra space just store them opened up and use them for items you only need occasionally or don't need any more.

The daily port talk by your cruise director will keep you up with the timings of all the excursions but everyone is so approachable if you ave any queries just ask and you will get your answer. At every port there are maps of the locality and information sheets at reception. Have a fantastic cruise we go on our 6th Scenic cruise next year the same as your cruise but in the opposite direction. We have done most of this cruise before but over two shorter cruises (our first two cruises) the itinerary is so different that's why we chose to do it all in one. CA