Car park near Oceankaj - Copenhagen

norhel

Hello everyone.

We are going on a cruise from Copenhagen in September next year, and are planning to drive down to Copenhagen and park our car near the port. As it looks like now, the ship is gonna dock at Oceankaj. I've seen that there is a public car park around 200 meters from the terminal. Just wondering if anyone has any experience parking there when going on a cruise? Is it a safe place to park? Or do people have any other recommendations for parking our car?

The cruise is for 10 days.

Thanks.

http://www.cmport.com/business2012/cruise-ships-44/passenger-information

I'm not sure if the above link will help, as it mentions only parking at the Freeport dock location, which may be a ways from Oceankaj. However, if nothing else, there is a phone number given, so perhaps you can call and ask them some question.

(This was from the cmport.com website, which also shows where each cruise ship is assigned to dock.)

http://www.cmport.com/business2012/cruise-ships-44/passenger-information

I'm not sure if the above link will help, as it mentions only parking at the Freeport dock location, which may be a ways from Oceankaj. However, if nothing else, there is a phone number given, so perhaps you can call and ask them some question.

(This was from the cmport.com website, which also shows where each cruise ship is assigned to dock.)

Thanks for the link. It's a good though.

I did look at a map now, and it's 7 minutes between those two.

I did send an email to the port authority and Visit Copenhagen on Thursday with the same question, but I haven't got answers yet.

• 1 month later...
Hi Norhel, did you find out more? We are also departing on a cruise from Copenhagen in august and were planning on parking our car at the port.

Thanks.

I don't ask both the port authority and the company that's responsible for the development in the area if the car park is crowded and safe. And it's apparently camera surveillance there, usually not crowded and usually safe to park there. And there had been no incidents there in 2016. But they couldn't guarantee anything as one of them said.