Trivia!

paulista1950

Mario, I think you were one of my trivia teammates the last time I was on QV (Hawaii 2012). As I recall we had time for a round between first seating dinner and the show, which would suggest that that round began around 8 PM.

Edited by Underwatr

A lot of trivia is one of the reasons I like Cunard, but I can't remember at what time it's on QV. Does anyone knows? :confused:

The morning quiz is normally around 10:30 am in the GLP. There is also an afternoon session held elsewhere (can't remember) and an evening session in the GLP.

I don't know if it is the same on QV but on QE last week there was morning trivia at 10, quizzical corner at 3.15, afternoon trivia at 4.15, picture this or beat the clock at 7 , wipe out trivia at 8 and a variety of quizzes at 9.45. It was the same when we were on QE in October with the addition of a music quiz at 2.30 I think on Sea days.

Happy quizzing!

Mario, I think you were one of my trivia teammates the last time I was on QV (Hawaii 2012). As I recall we had time for a round between first seating dinner and the show, which would suggest that that round began around 8 PM.

Small World! Actually small... forum! Nice hearing from a team mate.

Yes lots of trivia but completely American questions. On QV the pax were 92% Brits but every quiz was full rubbish Yankee questions. And many answers which were incorrect for the UK.

There was nearly a mutiny when the answer Gnasher was deemed wrong for the name of Dennis the Menace 's dog.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We found the best mix was a couple of Brits, a couple of Americans, and a "column C" person with broad knowledge like Mario. This increased the odds of someone being familiar with any given question.

But the quizmasters seem to be fixated on the answer in front of them being THE answer, though.

" Oh, Noooo, I'm so sorry. It's the MOOPS. The correct answer is, The MOOPS."

We found the best mix was a couple of Brits, a couple of Americans, and a "column C" person with broad knowledge like Mario. This increased the odds of someone being familiar with any given question.

But the quizmasters seem to be fixated on the answer in front of them being THE answer, though.

" Oh, Noooo, I'm so sorry. It's the MOOPS. The correct answer is, The MOOPS."

I guess I'll have a lot of invitations to join trivia teams after your post! :D

We questioned the "american-ness" of the quizzes on QE. And we're told they had been told they had to include American biased questions. I have to say we didn't have too many though. Just a smattering in each quiz. Didn't come across many Americans though!

thanks everyone :)

I love trivia ! I'm considering a QM2 trans-Atlantic, but never been on Curnard so I was hoping for plenty of trivia & games. No joke that is a deciding factor...that and karaoke on a cruise with no ports of call.

Edited by Thoth