***Welcome To The New Cruise Countdown Club***

mstrc1

I have been thinking about getting a new car or one with just a few thousand miles on it lately. I saw a friend in the grocery store that told me he had gotten a new SUV because it was hurting his knees to get out of his regular car. I don't need a new car but I would like one. Was thinking I should get some miles on the new tires I just put on though, and the new $60 wiper blades.

I was thinking if I gave the car to my sister I would have her fly up here, get some stuff from her storage unit and drive with her back to Florida. Then I would fly back to Ohare, get a cab to Des Plaines and get the train back to town. I would only have to have someone pick me up in town and bring me home. Still thinking about it though, maybe she can get it fixed, will wait and see.

I am still trying to get to the 5# at WW. I get real close at weigh in and then blow it during the weekend. So almost starting over every Monday with the same pounds. Hopefully this week I can get there, fingers crossed!

No food tonight at the place I meet the girls, which is a good thing because I made chicken noodle soup for dinner. I had a rotisserie chicken that I 've eaten for several days so decided to make soup out of for something different. I put in celery and carrots and lots of curly egg noodles. It turned out very good but a little hot. I also put in some thyme, Italian seasonings and some red pepper flakes. I think it was the red pepper flakes that spiced it up.

Not supposed to be so warm tomorrow, I'm not going to zumba, going to another class at the college called Fun with Math. We'll see just how much fun that will be.

Sharon

Sharon, that does sound like a good plan on getting a new or slightly used car. A SUV would be a good match for you. I know that I like sitting up high and not ever have to worry about the weather. Plus it would be a nice break for you to drive down to FL and then fly back.

Yes, it is much cooler today and by the weekend it is supposed to be in the 30's once again.

We are going to see a play next weekend called Blizzard. It is a story about the Blizzard of 1967.

So let me know about your fun place today in place of your Zumba. I agree about WW. I am really trying to get myself back on track once again. I would love nothing more to get my life time status back once again.

Kathy

My sister called today, said yes the car is shot, thinks the frame broke. I asked her what anyone is doing for her, she said there was a Nissan but it had 150,000 miles on it. That doesn't sound like a good thing to me, her car didn't have that many miles. I was going to tell her about the Buick, but for some reason I just wasn't ready. Maybe tomorrow I'll call her and ask her if she wants it.

The class was a disappointment. I think it was the first class the instructor had taught and he was not very well organized and didn't know how to work the overhead or programs to get the ones he wanted. There was long gaps while he fiddled around with it trying to find something. The whole class was on probabilities, which would have been okay but it mainly dealt with the card game BlackJack and how to figure out when you should stay or take a hit, meaning another card. Was a little about decisions, for instance if there are 3 choices and your first choice is not the answer, you should switch your answer to the last option because there is a 2/3 chance that will be the right one. Anyway I think most people were not too happy with the class.

Started to rain on my way home this afternoon, its cold and damp and not nearly as nice as a few days ago!

Sharon

Sharon, perhaps it is just best not to worry about your sister and just let her own family take care of her. It sounds like she does not take care of things, and how long would it be before she trashes your car? If you are going to buy another vehicle, you would do better with the bottom line trading in your car.

Yes, 60's a few days ago and now just damp and very wet. Temps over the weekend in the 30's with snow tonight. No wonder so many people are getting sick.

So now I understand what type of class you went to. When you told me it did not make any since to me. Now I understand. But I can see why people were getting upset with him not knowing how to present the class properly.

Kathy

Well I gained .8 today at WW, was hoping go go the other way and hit 5 pounds but it didn't happen.

I did talk to my sister again and told her I give her the Buick.would but she would have to fly up here. She had mentioned a while back that she needed some things in her storage unit. Told her to think it over and see if her sons come up with any other option.

Went to the show this afternoon, the movies had changed yesterday and the one I wanted to see was not there anymore. So I watched a different one and it was kind of creepy.

Going tomorrow to the Wed night place. A band is supposed to be there that one of the zumba gals plays in. Should be a fun night, I hope.

Have you decided to play the nun?

Hoping not to get the snow they sre forecasting.

Sharon

Sharon, so sorry to hear that you went up .08. You will get it back next week I am sure.

I supposed I will go with Bill on Tuesday. I am really nervous though. Besides me just going does not assure me that I will actually get the part.

Your sister is wasting her money by paying for a storage place back here when she is someplace else.

I would think that with the Oscars coming tomorrow that there would be lots of shows geared to what will be nominated for tomorrows performances. It is good that you will be going out tonight to see a good band. Enjoy,

Woke up this morning to no snow around here. How about you did you get any?

Kathy

We did get snow, the ground was completely covered but it did melt off the roads. The bridges were still icy though till late in the day. Glad it wasn't anymore!

I went to a home show in Rockford, got a couple of gutter installers names and one is coming out next Tuesday to give me an estimate. The other one said he would call and set up an appointment in about 3 days.

My sister set up the storage unit when she moved out of her house in the spring. I am acutally kind of surprised she has kept paying for it and not just let it go. But it does evidently have alot of her things in it that she still wants.

I'm sure you will get the part if you go and want it, after all with Bill being a part of the show you do have an "in".

The band was pretty good tonight, they started at 8pm and were done by 9:30. We were just going to wait until the crowd thinned out to leave but then started talking to some people and ended up staying until almost midnight. The friend I went to Florida with went with me, she is also one of the Wed night gals.

Sharon

Sharon, so sorry to hear that you got snow and we did not. I see a lot of rain forecast for this week. Better rain than snow.

Well that sounds like you had a great time last night watching the band and talking to friends.

Oscars tonight and a lot of hype before the performance tonight. Who will take away the prize?

Yes, you are right, but never assume anything, so we shall just wait and see what happens. Tonight we will rent Sister Act so I can watch and see just how the show comes together.

Kathy

That is probably a good thing to rent that movie, I saw it a long time ago and liked it.

It's been so cold that the grass still has the snow but the sidewalks, driveway and roads are clear so thats a good thing.

For breakfast everyday I have been eating a poached egg and mixing in a half an avocado. It is so tasty that way. Don't even need to make the benedict sauce anymore. It fills me up and I am not hungry for quite a while.

I am going to start to watch the Oscars but if it's all political will turn it off. I am really tired of hearing all that stuff.

Enjoy the rest of your day,

Sharon

Sharon, a lot of people who have storage places eventually the price they are paying exceeds the cost of what they are storing. That is 1 reason why people just walk away from them after awhile.

Yes, it has been getting real cold at night. It was also very windy yesterday. A lot of sunshine today.

Yesterday afternoon I got terrible news. My cousin, her youngest son died yesterday afternoon. His girlfriend came home at 2:30 and found him dead at 43 years old. He had a drinking problem for many years. They are doing an autopsy to find the cause of his death.

It is good that you have found bbbbbba good breakfast to eat. It is said that breakfast is the most important meal of the day.

Kathy

I went to bed early last night and didn't think to post yesterday. I was kinda upset at my sister again. She called and asked if I cared if her son came when she does, so that he could help drive back. At first I said no I didn't care but then I got to thinking about it and he wants to drive straight back to get back to work and I wanted to stop at Branson and The Opry Land hotel, each a couple of nights and anything else we saw along the way. So I called her back and said if he wants to drive right back then no I don't like that idea. Then later I got to thinking, I'll just let him come and they can both just drive straight back to Fl and I won't go, it will save me alot of money and alot of trouble trying to get back home. She doesn't know all the things she is going to be missing by having him come and I won't tell her either that I was going to pay for everything, just to have fun and some company. I did tell her when I told her she could have the Buick that we would have fun driving back and stopping to look at things so I don't understand why she wanted to go and change everything. Almost feel like telling her I changed my mind about the Buick too!

That is such a shame about your relative dying at such a young age, must have been quite a shock for the one finding him also.

A major storm went through here about 6 o clock tonight, terrible wind, thunder, lightning and rain. But now has stopped but heard there was a tornado somewhere south west of us a ways. Hope the 5 to 6 inches of snow they are predicting goes north!

Had the gutter guy come out and give me an estimate, doing the whole house and downspouts is going to be $1,150. I had talked with my friend early today, she had seamless gutters put up last year and paid $1,400. So when he said that price I was happy, my house is bigger than hers. They are to put them on Friday unless this weather pushes it back another day. I don't pay anything until they are done and I am happy so that sounds good too.

Anything new on the nun part you were thinking about?

Sharon

Sharon, Bill was set to go last night, but after he saw what the weather was doing, said no way, and stayed put inside. We got about 5 rounds of very heavy rain and thunder and lightening. Very lucky the worst was west of us. Too bad about all of the people that were affected.

I am so stressed just now I cannot go out for the part in Sister Act. I just cannot function really well now and I am having a very difficult time dealing with this all. It would not surprise me if her husband passes next or even he middle son. As they both are 1 step away about falling off the deep end.

That is 1 reason why I had mentioned to you just let it to her family to deal with her problem. It sounded that you had a very good plan all worked out and then she came and stole it all away from you. She should clear out that storage place as well. People do not realize that after awhile the price that they are paying for storage exceeds the value of the content being stored.

There was no real damage around here and I hope that you did not experience any either. Temps are supposed to drop all day and we are getting some more rain now and it is supposed to change to all snow later on.

That was a very good price that you will be paying for a new gutter system.

Kathy

Sorry you are dealing with some major stress right now, but don't let their problems become yours. I know that is easy to say but not easy to really do. So I don't blame you for not wanting to add anything else to your life at this point.

I know I should not have offered the car to her, she is having trouble even finding a flight that she can afford. The one she is looking at goes into Ohare. I told her I do not drive into Ohare, she would have to take the shuttle to Holiday Inn and I would pick her up there. But she is going to have to get a wheel chair to take her down to the transportation center because it is too far for her to walk. Talked to her today and I said, maybe you should just look around there for a car, it would be easier, but she wasn't having any of that, she said she wanted to come up and see me anyway. So it goes on and on and on!

The electric went out several time here but always came back on within a few minutes. This morning it was snowing gigantic fluffy flakes of snow. Within a few minutes all the grass was covered. Then it stopped and rained and the snow was gone. Then this afternoon it has snowed off and on so the grass is again covered.

The gutter guy called me this morning and said the new construction they were going to do was too muddy so would it be alright if they came today and did mine. I said sure, they were here by 11:30 and done by 2:30. I was waiting with a check but they just got back in their truck when they were done and drove away. I know the guy yesterday said I could either pay them today or they would bill me, so I guess I'll wait for a bill now. They took all the old gutters and downspouts with them, and then ran a big magnet all around the house to pick up any nails they might have dropped.

Going to see the girls tonight, hope its not too icy from the rain and snow, the temps have dropped now so its cold outside.

Take it easy my friend, don't let the stress get the best of you.

Sharon

Sharon, it was just too dangerous for us to drive there last night. So now the cast has been chosen. I really was not looking forward to trying out anyway. So now Bill starts as his producer roll tomorrow.

Very cold and windy around here just now. We had light rain this morning and it is raining lightly just now. But nothing like you are getting.

Yes, it does sound like a cluster with your sister. I thought her son was bringing her down, has that all changed now? It would be a real mistake for her to come here all alone.

Yes, my cousin is very close to me. As you remember how my son was headed into very dangerous territory with his drinking. Now he has turned his life about and has been sober for 45 years now and has his own house. My cousin's son just drank himself to death and my son would be in the same boat if he did not turn things around.

Thanks for the advice and I sure hope I can get things together and take care of myself. They did an autopsy and it will be at least 6-8 weeks before they get the results. So now his death is ruled undetermined and insurance will not pay until the decision is final.

Kathy

So glad to hear that about your son, not easy to turn your life around like he did!

The weather was bad again last night but I went to see the girls anyway. Just the three of us came. One is still recovering from open heart surgery and the other one is a pharmacist and had to work until 8pm. Then its too late for her to get there. Had a nice visit with them, there was cheesy potatoes and strip steak. The owner gave us each a bowl of cheesy potatoes but since I am trying so hard to get to 5 pounds at WW I did not eat anything else. They were very good!

Next chapter with my sister saga, she called today and still can't find a cheap enough flight and has no idea how she can get to the airport down there even if she finds one. And now her son is talking about having the car towed down there instead of coming with her and driving it back. After all our plans got screwed up now they have changed their plans! I am just disgusted with the whole thing now. I think she was waiting for me to say I'd drive down back with her like the original plan, but I'm not going to do that now.

We had snow again and now the grass is covered, the roads are okay though. Its cold and still windy too. Where did our spring go!

Sharon

Sharon, so we were gone all day at the service and the luncheon afterwards. We came home and laid down for a few hours. Shortly we are leaving to see a play, The Blizzard Of 1967.

That was good that you were able to get out with your friends. We both shear something in common. This week at WW I had gained .2 lbs.

Today lots of sunshine and very cold. I guess the weekend could warm up some.

Yes, your sister saga moves on. Too bad that you even offer her the car in the first place. It sounds like a real mess.

Kathy

You sill have to tell me how that play was, can't imagine a play on that subject.

Yes you are so right, I am sorry I said anything about the car, just thought I would try to help her out. Should have known better!.

Going to a benefit for zumba class tomorrow for WW 2 veterans. Hope it doesn't snow. Thursday morning there was a guy killed on the road I came home on Wednesday night. It was very icy when I came home and I guess he hit the ice, went into the other lane and hit another car.

Wakes and funerals are always so exhausting I think, so much emotion. Glad you have that behind you.

I actually lost 1.4 this am at WW. Now total is 4.6, hoping to get 5 pounds off by next week. So close if I don'blow it.

Went out to eat for a fish fry tonight with some people from church. There were almost 30 of us, was a nice evening.

Sharon

Sharon, you are doing so much better than me with your weight loss. I was doing so well the last time I belonged and had the lifetime status. Then I just fell off and now getting back into things is a bit more difficult. But just like you I am bound and determined to get back on the right tract once again. I feel winter is so much harder for me as I am doing much less activities and exercise.

Yes, it has both been a real roller coaster this week with the services for my cousin's son and then going to the play last night. This morning I went with Bill downtown to sit in on a cancer survivor's presentation. Tonight we also going to a church function dinner and silent auction as well as live auctions and of course a grand raffle. This is a once a year event.

Tomorrow and for the next few months Bill will be going to rehearsals for the play he is producing with 2 other producers. But he tells me unlike being in the actually cast, he will be there in the beginning but will not stay to the very end. I still may go with him some times to see how it all unfolds.

Knowing you as long as we have, and hearing the stories about your sister. That is 1 reason I had suggested not to get involved and not to offer it to her at all. Yes, you are a good person, and things just caught up with you and now is a can of worms.

I was actually thinking the very same thing as you with this play. It did bring back memories on how it was back then for all of us who survived that memorable event. So the scene was about 4 men working at the same place and who took turns carpooling. The event started on the Tuesday before the blizzard. Where the temps rose to 65 degrees and had a thunderstorm as well.

So each and everyday these men would go over events at the office and 1 man spoke up telling the other's that he had just gotten a promotion, and the other's got jealous, as they thought they all should have gotten promoted before him.

Fast forward to Thursday morning when the blizzard had just started and temps went from 65 to 30's in 2 days. The snow was coming down at a heavy rate. They all left work early that afternoon but contemplated staying at a downtown hotel. That idea got thrown out the window and they drove or attempted to drive home. They could not see the road and ended up getting stuck.

One man got out before the rest and attempted to help out someone else. There was bangs that they thought were gun shots but turned to be back firing. They freaked and drove off only to get stuck a few blocks away. They all thought the man got shot, but he was shocked to see them all drive away. He was walking and a snow plow did not see him and ran over him dragging him some blocks. This was on Thursday afternoon and they did not find his body until Sunday afternoon in a snow bank.

Then on Friday the other's went back to dig out the stranded car. The driver of the car had a heart attack shoveling the snow and died. One other man killed himself 20 years guilt ridden as he thought the guy who got run over by the snow plow was shot instead. The moral of the story was they all should have stuck together an never left anyone all alone. If they would have done that no one would have died at all.

Sorry for such a long description. I did not know how to tell you any other way that would have made sense to you. The good news was it was not real late and we were home just after 10.

Kathy

No that wasn't too long a story at all, it needed to be that long to understand, sounds like quite a play! Was wondering how they were going to do it, now I know. What a good moral of the story that was too.

You have a busy weekend, but sounds like a good one!

I did the zumba thing for the vets this morning, almost all of the gals that go during the week here went also. I saw my old instructor who was the one that got me started in zumba years ago. She is now the manager of the place that the event was held. Afterwards I went to the mall and walked from one end to the other. My legs are really tired tonight. Was going to go with my friend to see that band play again but she is busy and I am too tired. So a nice evening at home resting up before church tomorrow.

That will be good that Bill won't have to be out so late working on the play. And like you say you can go every once in a while to see how its coming along too.

We got a little snow this morning but it had melted by the time I had to leave, now the wind is really whipping up, I can hear it from inside the house.

Sharon

Sharon, yes it has been windy also. But unlike you we have not gotten any snow or ice. Only last Tuesday when those tornados hit west of us and we just got violent rain storms and some hail.

I don't remember you telling me about the zumba event for the vets. How was this to fall in place, versus your regular session?

Agreed it has been a very busy weekend with Bill. Usually 1 of us is doing something. But rarely do we do things with the both of us for the entire weekend, but it actually started on Thursday.

So last night at the church fundraiser there was roughly about 475 people in attendance. The tickets were $50 pp and it included unlimited open bar and a complete dinner. So 1 of the main raffles 1 ticket for $10. I bought 1 for a full size deep wheel barrel filled and over filled over the top and shrink wrapped with booze. I would have to say the value exceeded $2500 complete, and I won it. They are going to deliver it to our house on Monday.

We got there at 5:30 and left at 10:30 and it was still going strong. I was able to do some dancing and I am beat today. Bill will start his first rehearsal that he will be in charge of today and the rest of this week. I will go with him on Thursday and we will get something to eat right down the street from the place where they will be doing rehearsals.

Kathy

Well this zumba benefit was on Saturday at a place in Janesville, WI. There were 5 different instructors that took turns leading the routines. Gals came from all over and there was a nice crowd. There was a donation of $10 to participate. They had different things running the rest of the day, like boot camp and cycling but I only did the zumba. There was an auction that you put your name in a jug next to the item you wanted, I bought 12 tickets for $10 but guess I didn't win anything, never got a call.

Lucky you winning the booze! You will have to have a party, ha ha. That sounds like a fun night and well attended too.

Dancing is always fun and its good for you too, relieves stress!

I finally got all my paperwork together for my taxes, I kept procrastinating every day so that is a relief that it is finally ready to go to the accountant.

Back to the routine tomorrow,

Sharon

Sharon, that sounded like a well attended event for the vets. It is always good to do something different, yet something that you are used to.

They had the very same thing there as well. Where you buy tickets and drop them into a bad next to the item. So like you we have not gotten a call either. But the wheel barrel and booze are being delivered today.

Weather is warming up a bit this week. But I heard that we could be getting very heavy thunder storms tonight.

Bill had his first rehearsal yesterday afternoon. He got home, just after 5:30. So I will go with him on Thursday, and we will get something to eat just down the street from the place. So his rehearsal schedule will be Sunday afternoon and then Tuesday and Thursday evening.

So we got home Saturday night and I could not find my glasses. I though I left them on the table. So we drove back and they were not there. Once I got home again, I pulled my purse off the chair and the glasses fell out. What is wrong with me.

Kathy

That is something I would do, think you lost somrthing and then find it! I did that just last Friday. Couldn't find my WW membership card. Ask if I vould get snother one at the meeting. Got home and saw it laying on the counter.

Bill's schedule sounds pretty simple, not a whole lot of time away at night.

I went up to the library tonight, there was supposed to be an adult coloring gathering with music and light refreshments, all supplies provided. Well only 2 of us showed up so it was canceled. But the other gal that came also goes to WW and the gal at the library who was putting it on was friends with the other gal too. So she said why don't we just go have a cocktail! So we did and had a really nice couple of hours talking.

Just was watching the weather, looks about 3am could get kinda noisy outside. Very windy too.

My sister got a flight coming on Sunday, she said her son would come up in a week or two, asked if I could stand her that long. Guess she knows I get irritated with her. I am going to try my hardest to get along though. Hope its only a week!

Sharon

Sharon, from what I saw with the code red alert that I was reading this morning. It looks like the really bad storms were west of us. I could see we got high winds. But it does not look like we got a lot of rain. How was your area? Very windy outside still.

You should know that if you give your sister an inch she will take a mile. So brace yourself for the worst. Although for your sake I hope all will not be that bad for you. So your sister is flying down on Sunday, how is her son getting here in a few weeks? If he is driving back with her I would think that he would have to fly as well.

We are finally getting the water heater that we bought last month installed today.

Kathy

Just had a call from her today, left on voicemail since I wasn't home when she called. She said her son is flying in on the 21st which is the only day I can't go with her to pick him up, and I told her I had the Flower Show on Navy Pier to go to that day when she started talking about getting a flight. She said he would stay overnight and the next morning start driving, so she will only be here a little over a week. I hope he can change the flight since I hate to let her start driving a car she hasn't ever drove to an airport she hasn't ever driven to by herself. I'm going to tell her to bring her own license plate and insurance for when she starts to drive it so it won't be on me if something happens.

How come it took so long to get your water heater installed?

Did you get your wheel barrel of booze delivered today, lol.

I had an interesting day and night. I wanted to drive up to Madison to take my tax papers to the accountant. My friend from zumba said she used to live there and she would go with me, in fact she wanted to drive. So I said that would be great, we left about noon. We got up there, I dropped off the paperwork and we went to a nice Mexican restaurant for lunch. On the way back she showed me where she used to live and several other places she used to go to. Then heading down on I90 she said she was feeling kinda strange. Then she said she was really feeling funny. I told her don't you pass out on me, so she pulled over to the shoulder of the road. It was terribly windy and semi's where whizzing past us, rocking the car each time. She called 911 and they dispatched a rescue squad to come to us. They took her to Janesville to Mercy Hospital and told me to follow them. The car was a Jeep SUV, big long, tall thing that I had never driven before, but I said sure I'll follow. Well she had put the flashers on and I couldn't figure out how to get them off so I drove the whole time with them on to the hospital. Then I parked the car and went to turn it off and of course there is no key, just a button, so I pressed it and luckily it stopped, however the flashers kept going. So I asked in the er if anyone knew how to turn them off and got a gal who's dad had that kind of SUV and she came out and turned them off. Then told me I was parked in a spot that you could only park in for 15 min, I would have to move, well I didn't know how to turn it back on again without a key, so had to go talk to my friend, get her purse with the key in it and try to start it. We were there until about 7:30 pm, they finally said she had a UTI and an ear infection, making her dizzy and woozy. She was feeling better by the time we left but I drove us to her house, got my car and finally got home about 9pm. Whew what a day!

Sharon