***Welcome To The New Cruise Countdown Club***

mstrc1

Sharon, just an enormous amount of rain over this weekend. I heard that we could get more rain this afternoon and high winds. We were out driving on Saturday and the drive was very tense, with many accidents due to people driving too fast for conditions.

Hard to believe it is May 1st already. The first Saturday of the month is an event here in town called the Good Neighbor Parade. So Bill work the parade with the police officers in crowd control and keeping auto's off the parade route. Also his play goes off this weekend as well with 4 shows. Since he will be working the parade, he will only make 3 shows.

Good for you that you got your new system installed on Friday. So they are coming back to finish the rest of the stuff today. What is April air? At least now you can depend on a good working system for a good number of years.

Stay dry,

Kathy

Yes they came back today and finished connecting the air conditioner. He said though they would have to wait until there are some 70 degree days to charge it. I won't get a bill for the final half until they are completely done with it. April air is an add on to the furnace that adds humidity when necessary in the winter mainly. It normally costs somewhere around $700 but they gave it to me for free since I bought the rest of the things from them.

We had a little peek of the sun this morning for about a half an hour then the clouds came back and it rained off and on the rest of the day and night. Don't know when or if I will be able to get the grass cut before I leave the end of the week.

Had dinner tonight at the home of the owner of the restaurant that we go to after zumba most mornings. She invited 5 of us and made beef wellington, noodles with spinach alfredo and some wonderful portabella mushrooms. We all agreed we could of almost just made a meal out of the mushrooms they were so tasty. Of course there was several kinds of wine and margaritas to drink. I recorded DWTS so will watch that before I go to bed tonight. Got to see who gets kicked off. Thinking it should be the bachelor guy.

Are you going to go and see the play with Bill one of the nights? That must be a pretty big parade, we don't have anything like that here.

Got a women's banquet to go to tomorrow night with dinner, supposed to wear something from the roaring twenties but I don't have anything like that so will just wear a nice outfit. So many things going on this week!

Sharon

Sharon, I have never heard of that type of system before. But it does make sense and it looks like you really got a great deal. Good you do not have to pay until they are all finished. At least you will have piece of mind now.

I agree about yesterday and even today as well. Yesterday just sheets of rain on and off all afternoon and into the evening. Today much lighter rain but cold damp and just overcast.

Bill was at rehearsals at another place and stayed until the very end. As he had the keys to open up and then locked everything up. So now they are at the actual theater this week, he has not been staying until the very end. He was home on Sunday night before 7, and last night just after 8. He said he will do the same tonight as well. So that is a good thing having him home early. Except I had made plans to go over to my friends house for dinner, as at the time I made these plans I did not know Bill was going to do that.

I should say so that you will have a hard time cutting the grass with all of this rain. So you are you going on another bus trip again, and where are you going, as I have forgotten?

So great news and it looks like I made a good decision with not weighing in last week. I lost 1.6 last night at weigh-in. I also learned about what I wear makes a big difference. If I wear a double top that can add pounds, and you only get 1 chance to weigh-in that counts.

So I did see some clips from DWTS. Were you surprised with the outcome?

Kathy

I am going to my GGson's 6th birthday. Just be gone for the weekend, leaving Friday back Monday. Hope their weather is better than ours.

That is good Bill is not staying so late, but as you say now you will be gone for dinner when he is home. Sometimes it's hard to plan when there are several things going on.

If it doesn't rain tomorrow I might try and get some of the grass cut. Will depend on if it's still wet or not. I covered up my snapdragons again, frost warnings are out for tonight until 8am.

I'm not going to be able to weigh in this Friday and I think it's a good thing. For some reason I have been eating all kinds of sweets.

The banquet tonight was kind of a disappointment. There were 7 of us that went together. We were all at the prior social hour and then had to pick up another gal before we left for the banquet. We got there late because of that and there was no assigned seating so most all of the seats were taken. I ended up sitting with some gals that came together and while we talked a little it was not like sitting with friends. The dinner was roast pork tenderloin, mashed potatoes and noodles. Two carbs?? and a salad. Everything but the port was cold so not very tasty.

I didn't know there was going to be a double elimination on DWTS, but I think the right ones were let go.

Stay warm,

Sharon

Sharon, OK I forgot about that. So you are flying out on Friday and coming back on Sunday? Enjoy and have a good time. Yes, frost warning out. Crazy, cold in the morning and warm in the afternoon.

Well perhaps you will have the same success with not weighing-in like I did. It was a good decision not to weigh-in as I lost big time the second week. Also the lady showed me ways on how to dress, as the cloths I wear could be putting on pounds that I should not actually have. So that is a major part of it.

Too bad about the buffet. I guess that will happen with large groups and not getting there on time with other things you had to do.

Today bright sunshine and it will warm up this afternoon. So by this afternoon I hope you will be able to get some grass cut. I heard more rain coming this evening and into tomorrow. If you do not cut the grass it will get out of control for you.

Yes, it is good having Bill around in the evening. He will come home early this evening and he said he is not going on Thursday. We will go to the plays together over the weekend.

Kathy

I'm coming back on Monday afternoon, that way there should be less traffic getting to the airport.

That was a great loss you had, I have been getting only .2 or .8 or something like that. I'm not sure it will be any better when I get back but I will have a few days to try and lose a little before weigh in Friday. I always try to wear the same thing as do many of the other gals. Not sure if you go right from work that might be difficult for you to do. But it does reflect the actual weight you've lost instead of what you are wearing.

I did get the grass cut today, all but one section that is still just too wet, I was afraid I would get the mower stuck. So will have to get that part when I get back.

Had pork roast and cheesey potatoes tonight, just as I walked in the owner said, good, you are just in time for dinner. Such nice people. One of the other gals has a birthday a few days before mine but she has to be at school for her son to get an award so we are celebrating our birthdays together in a couple of weeks. The owners decided to make turkey dinner with all the fixings for our birthday instead of the tacos he normally makes. Sounds pretty good!

Got a lawyer appointment tomorrow morning, to finalize my will and power of attorney for health and financial. Will be glad to get that done.

Tomorrow night have bunco party put on by the Lionesses, should be fun too. This has been a very busy week!

Sharon

Sharon, enjoy and have a great weekend get-away. At least you will be getting away from all of this rain. Lucky you got most of your grass cut. I really cannot believe how much rain we have been getting. It looks like rain all day today.

So when exactly is your birthday? At least the owner of the bar is still treating you all very well with what he fixes every week.

Until the lady showed me how not wearing the proper clothing can really make a difference in the weigh-in process. So now I change me clothes once I get off of work and it does make a real difference. So we shall see.

So you are going to a bunco party tonight. Now you can see why we have kept our group together for so many years. Enjoy and have a great time tonight.

So the play starts tomorrow night. We will attend 3 out of the 4 shows, as our village has the parade on Saturday afternoon.

Kathy

I heard you were getting rain, luckily for us sunshine and no rain at all today.

Try and wear the same thing every week and that way it will be a true reflection of your actual weight. I am still on a binge, I don't know why. Even bought a box of Dove bars today, can't get much worse than that for calories!

Had a fun time at bunco. I got two of the gals from Wed night to come, they enjoyed themselves too. The lionesses, who put this on, requested that you wear a "derby style hat" I found a big wide brimmed hat that I had from sometime ago and wove some fake plastic flowers on the brim. It turned out pretty good. I didn't win anything in the silent auction this time, but had a good time.

Came home and made sure I had everything but my cosmetics in the suitcase. Only taking a carry on, so shouldn't incur any additional costs. When I checked in to run my boarding pass it said I could upgrade to first class for $103, was tempting but it's only a two hour flight so didn't do it. Got a message from my GD, saying her brother (my Grandson) and fiancee were coming from Louisiana too. Haven't seen him since Bill died so will be nice to catch up again with him.

Enjoy the play and the parade if you go too,

Sharon

Sharon, the parade goes right by my work place. So if the weather is not good then we stand inside of the shop and watch. Otherwise we sit out front in my lawn chairs. Bill will be working done the road keeping traffic out of the parade route.

I am glad to hear that you had a good time at bunco. We always do and afterwards just sit around talking and eating desert.

I know if Bill ever gets those options he would upgrade to first class in a minute. But we rarely buy tickets and fly stand-by, and the deal with that is first class if available otherwise coach. Cannot complain when it is free.

So I hope you have good flights and a great time away, Enjoy and have the best time you can. With this crazy weather I will do all possible to stay warm.

I know that I sometimes I wear a double top at work and that adds the pounds. So I will do as you suggested and change my cloths after work and try to wear the same outfit when weighing in each time.

Kathy

I'm back! Got home around 8pm, feels good to be home. Had a great time with everyone, turns out my grandson came also so was good to see them both. One day we went to the historic square in town to look around and found a real estate office. There were pictures of houses for sale. I saw one that was a pretty nice brick home and said I could buy that and move down here close to you. They looked at the address and when we left the square they drove by it so I could see it in person. I was only kidding but they thought I was serious. I didn't tell them any different, just said thanks for letting me see where it was located.

Had a little problem going to the airport when I left, I turned off the interstate one exit too quick and "got off the route" as OnStar would say. They helped me get off the road going directly to Milwaukee and back to the airport. Then because I didn't go in the way I was supposed to I couldn't find the long term parking lot. So finally just went into the parking garage and parked. It cost me $52 for parking Fri - Mon. Hated to pay that much but just couldn't find the other parking area the way I ended up going into the airport. Lesson learned make sure to follow the route and get off at the right exit!

It was in the 80's there and when the plane arrived in Milwaukee it was 46, quite a change.

Sharon

Sharon, welcome back and it sounds like you had a real good time away. I was not aware that you were flying from Milwaukee, or if I did , I forgot. We have flown from there in the past as well. I think that $52.00 for parking while you were away was a bargain. Certainly we pay more than that while we are away. When we go away in September, we will take a limo to O'Hare and then another home from Midway. Since we will be flying United going and then Southwest on the return.

Yes, we have had crazy weather since you we away. Also a lot of rain as well. I'll bet your grass really grew while you were away. I am sure you will be busy getting caught up. Always nice going away, but nice getting back to you own home once again.

Kathy

Felt good to get back to my regular routine. I ate just terrible while I was gone. Lots of pizza and even 2 banana splits! Of course also birthday cake and at the hotel, biscuits and gravy. Needless to say I probably will not be able to get off all the extra weight before Friday.

Went up to the library tonight, they had a man that did an act like Theodore Roosevelt. He looked the part, pretty much and he talked about all the things that he had done (as Roosevelt). It was very interesting. One thing he talked about that I had never heard was how he lost his mother and then within a few more hours he lost his wife after childbirth. All on Feb 14th. This daughter's name was Alice. Even though he got remarried and had 4 more children, Alice was the one everyone talked about since she turned out to be very pretty and outspoken.

Got pretty much a quiet week, not like last week thank goodness. Grass doesn't look too bad either since I just cut it last week on Wednesday. Asparagus is slow coming up, must be too cold for it.

The outlot parking where you take a shuttle in costs only about $4 a day so that would have been alot cheaper. A limo would be nice but it's too far to either of the airports, they would take you there but it would be very expensive.

Sharon

Sharon, that will be a part of the expense that we will get reimbursed from our travels.

Well you can always do what I did a few weeks ago and just not go to weigh-in this week. As you know what the result may be.

I never knew that either about Roosevelt. That sounds like something that I would have been interested in attending as well.

Well today temps in the 50's once again and then tonight rain and into tomorrow. At least the sun is shining bright.

I agree it must feel good to get back into your regular routine once again, and to be back at you home as well,

Kathy

Well I was thinking of not going to WW, but I didn't go last week because of my early flight. So I'm thinking I will just go and take the consequences.

Did zumba this morning and then had to pick up a few groceries and drop off some things at Goodwill. By the time I got home it was lunch time, changed my clothes and go ready to cut grass and it started raining. It has rained all afternoon and evening and its still sprinkling. Probably be too wet to mow tomorrow also.

One of the brothers had a birthday at the Wed night place. So they cooked out and had chicken and pork chops. They also had a crowd which is unusual for a Wed night.

Still thinking about getting a different car, I like mine so much if it just didn't keep having things needing to be replaced. I know if I had the mufflers fixed they would be good for a long time. It's the rest of the stuff that could go wrong that has me concerned. Maybe I'll go and test drive a couple of the ones I am considering before I make up mind for sure.

I never asked, how was the play, did it go over well with the audience?

Sharon

Sharon, the play was a huge success and they had record numbers for the Sunday performance. So now life goes back to normal for him now.

Certainly something to think about, if you will be putting a lot of money into your car, then perhaps it is time to start looking for a new auto, one you can depend on.

That Wednesday night place certainly takes good care of you all on celebrating birthday's.

Yesterday in the afternoon and then all night, very heavy rains. Today sunshine and temps should be in the 50's. There is no more rain until Saturday. So your grass will really be growing with all of this rain.

Hopefully at WW for you tomorrow will not be as bad as you might expect.

Kathy

I decided to take your suggestion and not go to WW tomorrow. I thought a couple of days eating right might take care of a couple of pounds but it didn't. I will have to really get serious again now.

Went and drove a Suburu Forrester today. Liked it pretty well and it is loaded with all the things I want. They only want to give me $2000 for my car, was disappointed in that but that was also the amount the Chevy dealer said. Got them down on the new car a couple of thousand but hoping they call me with a better offer.

Got most of the grass cut today, still some too wet I can't get to yet.

Called the water guys and told them to install a new water softner, they are coming next week.

That was good the show was a success, any more coming up he is interested in?

When does your bocce games start?

Bedtime,

Sharon

Sharon, keep in mind, that the first time ever we are starting out in first place. So the league starts on this coming Wednesday. Bill is the best player on our team, and he played a lot of games last year.

I know it worked for me taking a few weeks off from WW. So maybe it will do the very same for you. Certainly cannot hurt. So hopefully next week will be the magic weight loss for you, with getting back on track once again.

Certainly the biggest expense in auto's is maintenance. Very important to keep our cars running good and to keep us safe. Bill needs new breaks and that will cost $350 +. The good thing about having a new auto is your maintenance is covered and you can have piece of mind.

Bill will be taking the summer off from any plays. As the new season starts up in the fall. He was just elected as the guilds social chairman. So he should be busy with that position.

It will be a nice day today around here. Bright sunshine and temps will go to the 60's today, and much warmer for over the weekend. You might be able to get the rest of your grass cut today, so you can enjoy the weekend.

Kathy

Yesterday I put my zip code in a site called Cars Direct. They were supposed to get you the best price for the car you wanted. I had 3 dealers call. I went to one in Rockford because they said they had 23 Subarus in stock. I got there and sat down to talk with the salesman when a woman came in and said she wanted to talk to him. He told me, this will just take a minute. But it didn't, her mother, a little old gray haired lady came in and needed to sign her title. So she wanted to sit in my chair. I got up and let her have it and went outside thinking I should just leave but decided to wait a "few minutes". Finally he came outside but by then I was not interested in doing business with him. I was there first, he should have told her to wait not me. If I am going to spend $25 to 30 thousand dollars I should be treated courteously I think. Also they didn't have even one of the cars in stock that I was interested in and when he looked it up he said it would be the middle of June. He said I should put down a deposit so someone else wouldn't get it. I told him I didn't care, I wasn't going to wait until the middle of June.

Today was a beautiful day, got into the 70's, I can't cut any more grass because it is still under water in places. I did get all that is dry cut the other day.

I hope that Bill plays more often with your team this year, he's a good player.

Going to the show with a friend on Mothers Day, I hate these holidays! Just makes me feel bad.

I did pretty good eating today until I passed a Steak & Shake, pulled in and got a double chocolate shake. That can't be good for weight loss.

I just had my front brakes done a couple of weeks ago, right about the same price.

Sharon

Sharon, I hope you find a good show to go to today. I was attending baseball games for the GK's all day yesterday. Bill drained 3/4 of the pond yesterday to put fresh water in it to get it ready for summer.

I totally agree about the cars. I would have had a bad taste in my mouth as well. If he can not service you first, then what is the point. They are not the only dealer to deal with.

Temps to 70 today around here, and 80's tomorrow. Time for me to plant flowers and start watering. We are leaving shortly to go out for dinner at that place that offers the % of you age on your birthday.

OK to splurge once in a while with WW. You should still be OK for weigh-in later on this week.

Kathy

I went to my 6 yr old ggrandsons baseball game while in Texas, its kind of fun to watch the little kids play.

The dealership I had went to first and did a test drive at, called Sat morning saying what do we have to do to sell you this car. I told them, give me a better price. So they upped the trade in value of my car. So I bought it. Its a Subaru Forester premium model with an eyesight and weather pkg. Those pkgs add things like lane assist, heated mirrors, heated leather seats, two sets of floor mats, one set carpet one set rubber. I tried to transfer my Onstar but they only go on GM cars. The subaru has its own navigation system so should be okay anyway. Its charcoal gray, almost black. Will take a little bit to get used to a bigger car than my Impala.

Went to the movie Snatched with Goldie Hawn and Amy Schumer, I think Goldie has had some plastic surgery done. My friend did not like some of the language in the movie. Then we we ent to dinner, came back, sat on the deck and had a glass of wine.

Good thing you could still go to that restaurant for your birthday and celebrate mothers Day too.

How many koy do you still have, do they ever have babies?

Tye furnace people are coming Wed to charge up the new ac unit.They had to wait for warmer weather to charge it.

Glad you had a nice day, it was good for me to have a friend to spend the day with.

Sharon

Sharon, I celebrated my birthday there last month. We just went there yesterday and they had a special menu for yesterday. We had 2 pm reservations and were able to walk right in and got seated.

I agree about Goldie. I saw her on the cover of People, and being 70, of course she has had plastic surgery.

We have 8 very large Koi. So since we went directly from winter right into summer. Bill put in all of the filters and UV Lights. So I see that all this week temps will be in the 80's.

It was good that you were able to get out to the show yesterday, and had someone to spend the day with as well.

I guess if you have low spots in your yard, I can see why you would have standing water still. If it stays like this it should all dry up soon. We did get a lot of rain.

We are taking an early train downtown tomorrow for eye Dr appointments.

Good for you being able to make a deal for a brand new vehicle. Mine is metallic black, so both vehicles are very similar in color.

Kathy

Yes, I thought you said you ate at that place on your birthday, but some places let you come (once only of course) anytime during the month. I got a ;postcard like that in the mail. It's not a free meal but its $20.00 off.

We are having lots of hard rain and lightning and thunder right now. Some people in the county west of here said they had large enough hail to break the back window of their car. They had pictures of it too. It's too dark here to see if there is hail but I don't hear it hitting so probably not, at least not yet.

Going with 3 of the zumba gals to lunch tomorrow after class. Wow, thought I lost everything, the screen went black from the lightning. We are going to Egg Harbor, its a franchise do you have any around you. They are very good.

The wet spots dried up enough that I could get them all mowed today. Not completely dry, could still see the tire tracks but not gushy mud.

Always good to get your eyes checked,

Sharon

Sharon, yes I am having difficulty today as he dilate the pupils so the sun is getting to me. I guess I will just have to wear my sunglasses all day long. It is an annual event to keep everything all good.

Certainly do not need to be out driving in those conditions with a brand new vehicle. I saw the weather and figured you were getting hit with the storms. All went way north of us, as we got nothing. We turned on the A/C last night. First time this season. Last week heat and now A/C.

We do not have them around here. They are all up north your way. I have heard of them though and have seen them when we drive up to Wisconsin. So I hope you have a good lunch this afternoon.

Lucky you got the grass cut yesterday. I am sure with all of the rain you got yesterday, it will have to dry out once again.

So the deal with that place is they give you the discount 4 days prior and 4 days after the actual birthday.

Kathy

Yes, glad I was home with the car in the garage last night! It did rain alot but seems to have all soaked into the ground, no puddles around. I opened the bedroom window when I went to bed because I like to hear the sound of the rain.

Today had a nice lunch after zumba didn't get back home till almost 2pm, but its pretty hot out so not doing too much outside anyway. I should try and ride my bike for a little bit but not sure I will today.

Got the guy coming to charge up my air conditioner tomorrow, just in time I think. But I don't usually put it on till I really, really need it. Same thing with the heat, like to wait as long as possible.

Guess I better try and get something done today

Sharon

Sharon, I remember just after I got my vehicle. Bill had heard a severe weather warning where they were calling for much rain and hail. So he came over here and took it home and put it in the garage and then came back to pick me up.

So Bill had asked me last night what the temp in the house was. I said 79, so he said let's turn the A/C on. With it being 85 around here, it was time to turn it on. I do not fair too well when I am over heated. The name of the game for me is to be comfortable. We have a whole house fan. So if it is cooler outside we can turn it on and cool the house off.

Last week we had our system checked out to prep it for summer. They guarantee it for 1 year. So that is what we did before we invested in a home warrantee system. We will need a new system like you, as they said it may only last 2 more years at best.

I also like the bedroom window opened as well as we have the Koi pond in the yard and I can hear the running water going over the waterfall. But it is just too hot to be doing that just now.

So you are not going to believe this. The jerk actually flew back here from Florida on Friday. He has been saying since then he was coming in and never has done so, except for this afternoon. We had the eye Dr appointment this morning and once I got back around 11:30 sure enough the jerk came in.

Kathy