***Welcome To The New Cruise Countdown Club***

mstrc1

Sharon, we got a real rude awakening yesterday, rather Bill did. He got a call from the place that was going to do the engraving. They told him that nothing can be done on the grave markers and the cemetery office had a total hold on the graves. So he drove there and found that his evil sister had bounced a $2300 check back on December 31. They have made attempts to collect and have heard absolutely nothing. So unless we pay the $2300 we can do nothing. Seems so very unfair.

Yesterday afternoon and then again in the evening it just poured rain. The skies opened up and the rain came pouring down. Temps in the 80's and the next chance for rain is Wednesday. Ha, Ha

So Bill and I have been married 10 years and have been together for 12 years. So our anniversary is in January. Time just seems to fly by. Here it is July already.

Kathy

So does that mean that your father-in-law didn't pay for the headstone or the graves back then? Sorry but why did Bill's sister pay any money, they were yours. Sounds like a real mess too just like mine!

Several things were going on tonight but didn't want to do stuff alone so stayed home. Probably go see fireworks on the 4th, the gal & her family that I went with last year asked me again.

You didn't say but I'm pretty sure you are going to the hotel again this year to see them.

I went to bed last night at 9pm so got a good rest.

Sharon

Sharon, a little confusion here. So Bill's Dad bought the 4 plots and a huge head stone marker around 35 years ago, all of that is paid for in full. Bill's mother passed on 12/28 and she was buried on 12/31 and I had told you how we found out about it. So there is a fee that has to be paid to bury someone and that fee was $2300, and his sister wrote a bad check and it bounced.

Bill's father started this tradition as his parents were married and had their reception at this hotel downtown. So every year we check into the hotel on 12/30 and check out on 1/1. Yes we watch the fireworks that they shoot off at midnight bringing in the New Year. We never go downtown on 4/4. We get a good view right from our house at all of the fireworks shooting off all around the various areas.

In a few weeks all should be cleared up with the cemetery. So Bill's Dad wanted the remaining 2 graves to go to us. So now we own them. Bill forgot that his sister has their own 2 plots and have had them for many years. So he had told the cemetery manager that. So now they will put a hold on their own graves and release ours as we had nothing to do with any of this craziness.

So another day in the 80's and it looks like sometime around 6 we could get hit with thunderstorms around here. So I will work on Monday and then get Tuesday off. So a crazy work week.

Kathy

Oh boy, I was really wrong about the hotel and fireworks. Now I remember it's always on New Years Eve you go not 4th of July!

Yes now I understand about the arrangements at the cemetery. Good thing you got that all cleared up. I know we, the kids and I, put the ashes up at the cemetery and didn't let anyone in charge know about it. So when they were supposed to put the plaque for being a veteran on the back of the headstone they couldn't find any record of him being buried. I called a friend of mine who is in charge of that cemetery and told her of the mix up and she said too that there is a charge, but she would just go ahead and take care of everything for us. So she entered his name and we got the plaque on the headstone.

Yes it is a strange with the 4th being on a Tuesday, bet all the factories are closed tomorrow, no sense starting up big machines and then turning them off after a day. Retail is different everyone still wants to shop.

I went to the show again today, saw House, it's not the one I went to see but got the times mixed up and the other one had already started so it was my second choice. It was a comedy but they sure used the "f" work an awful lot. Really not necessary either, and not too funny.

Sharon

Sharon, my phone lines have been down for a few days at home and I did not have any Internet connection until this afternoon when a repair man fixed the broken line out on the pole. The jerk told me to go home at 11 on Monday. So that was nice. There was no point in staying open with no business.

There were a lot of fireworks all around us last night, and I could watch them all right from our front porch. I am sure this evening will be the same.

Bill is dealing with the manager from the cemetery and he is off until Monday. But once he finds where their plots are located, then he will hold their grave sites and release ours. Once he writes another letter telling her he just found out where she works and the location of their graves, she will know where it came from. Shame on her thinking she could do anything to us. She just got outsmarted.

Otherwise just pulling weeds and just taking it real easy. Do not want to deal with crowds or loud noises or even traffic.

Enjoy,

Kathy

Glad you are getting that all taken care of, maybe if she knows she can't get away with her hijinks she will leave you alone. (Hopefully)

Yesterday I was uptown and the stores were packed, was Walmart was anyway that's about all the places we have to shop in town. So today I didn't go anywhere yet. I am going this evening with a friends family to see the fireworks.

Last night I did go uptown to one of the parks. The high school band played some patriotic songs and marches. They had a good crowd but only played for about 45 minutes. It was a nice evening to sit outside. I had forgotten my bug spray but everybody around me had it on so I was bothered by any bugs either.

Funny a little while ago I was thinking it was Sunday, this week will be all mixed up.

Sharon

Sharon, I agree about this week and not really knowing what day it is. All I know for sure is that I have 1 less day to work this week.

Yes, the stores were packed yesterday. They kept talking about how much the stores were deep discounting items in the stores.

Bill's evil sister is not happy unless she is causing harm to other's. Perhaps she will now understand that she cannot mess with us anymore. This latest episode will prove to her that her plot to cause us harm just back fired on her, and eventually she will have to pay the $2300 that she bounced. All I can do is laugh.

So a lot of fireworks all around us last night with much banging throughout the night. I do not like crowds and all that goes with it. They said that Chicago was going to start theirs at 9:30 and it was going to last for 15 minutes. I was watching on TV the NYC fireworks. It looked like much security.

Kathy

I guess last night I just got home from talking with the girls and went straight to bed. Didn't sleep well the night before so was pretty tired.

I agree it does kinda make you feel good when someone gets what they deserve.

I was looking in my car book to see how I could tell when the oil needed changing. My Impala had a button you pushed and it said what % was remaining. It also told me if I had enough air in my tires and which one needed air. This car does none of that. The book said open the hood and check every other time you put gas in. Well I am not about to do that! I can't believe my 10 year old car was so much advanced than this Subaru.

I am going to my friend the pet sitters for a dinner party tonight. I think there will be two other couples there and me. It's so hot outside I don't know what I am going to wear that will look nice but still be cool.

Did you play last night and how did you do?

Sharon

Sharon, yes we did play last night, and it was a very close game and we won in the end. We moved up 3 spots. We are playing the team that is in first place with no losses. I think we should hand them their first loss next week.

Agreed it is very hot today. It will get close to 90 today. Best to just stay inside and keep cool.

It is good that you will be going out tonight for dinner at your friends house. I know last night it was a perfect night weather wise.

Hopefully by Monday when the cemetery manager returns we will get this all straightened out. What goes around comes around. It was not funny at all last week, the way we found it out. Now the tables will be turned around 360 degrees.

That is really crazy about your new car. You should take it back to the dealer and ask them if there is not something better. I know mine all I have to do is push a button on the steering wheel. Also another way if they put a sticker in the window. If they cannot do anything then the very least you should have them put a sticker on the windshield.

Kathy

I did go to the dearlership, the guy working in the service dept said he used to work for GM at another dealership and couldn't believe either subaru didn't have anything to track oil. Also I just realized it doesn't have an automatic start for winter like my old one did. He also said when the oil is changed they will put a sticker on the door.

Yeah, take that first place away from those people next week!

At my friends last night they were talking about his mother dying a few weeks ago. Evidently the executors are his brother, that he doesn't get along with and his brother-in-law.The faam they live on was just given to them by his father who passed away 2 years ago. However it was done with a "handshake" not listed in the will. They are thinking the other brothers and sisters will want to sell it and split the money. I hope not they have done a lot of work on it and they are a big help to me when I need it. Sounds alot like my on going saga.

Do you remember Paula Millet from our original cruise group? She has recently published two books and just finished a third. But she went to the dr because she said she was tired of feeling sick and tired. Got a cat scan, found out she has 4th stage ovarian cancer that has matastisized to other organs and her lungs. I feel so bad for her, hope its not as dire as it sounds.

Cut grass for several hours today, tomorrow going to have to chop down more grape vines hanging down over the drive way, they hit the car going in and out.

Sharon

Edited by timeormoney
Forgot to tell you, lost 2.4 pounds today at WW.

Sharon, there are a few people that I would remember. But Paula I do not remember. That news does not sound good at all for her. Really too bad about that. Bill is very lucky. He was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer back in 2009. Had a 7 1/2 surgery and 5 days in the hospital. He says his Dr saved his life. It was a rough go for me.

I am wondering if perhaps you think that you made a mistake in buying that car. Some places offer a lemon trade in. I do not know if it is too late for you to do that. That is crazy that it does not have those features.

Well we feel that this first place team is way over due to be handed their first loose. So we should be the team to do just that.

So this thing about your friends house, it almost sounds like the very same thing that is going on with your family or Bill's. You can choose your friends but not your family.

Temps in the 70's today and no rain in the forecast until next week, and guess what day it is going to rain next week?

Kathy

Wow, Bill is lucky. What kind of cancer did he have?

You had cooler temps than here today, this morning was cool I actually road my bike for about half an hour. Then did get some grape vines cut. By then it was up to 80 and getting hot. I went to the mall and ended up buying two pairs of shoes. One a slip on tennis shoe and one a Bear Trap sandle, very comfortable.

Forgot to tell you yesterday, I was down 2.4 pounds at WW. Just haven't had much of an appetite this past week

I was thinking about renting a house or condo in either Tx or Fl this winter for a few months. If I can find something reasonable and that I like. On the 17th of this month is my Canadian Niagra Falls bus trip, looking forward to it.

Sharon

Sharon, congrats on loosing 2.4 pounds, that is really great. Wow going to spend the winter someplace other than here. I see them advertising houses for rent on TV, and I cannot remember the site. But that would be good for you to do that.

Yesterday temps in the 70's and today temps in the 80's and rain forecast for tomorrow.

So Bill had stage 4 prostrate cancer and he had it for over 10 years with no symptoms. So he was probably 1 month from going down the road of no return. Imagine me waiting for him being in surgery for 7 1/2 hours.

I do not remember you telling me that you were going on another bus trip. This sounds like it will be really great for you. So you leave on the 17th and return when?

Kathy

That's the problem with cancer, so often there are no symptoms or pain until it is really bad. That was a really long operation he had and a really long wait for you. So glad it turned out the way it did!

It was cloudy all day but so far no rain. I went ahead and watered the potted plants. I have a pot of pansys sitting on a small table, today I saw something ate most of the flowers. I think it might have been the groundhog since I saw it on the patio the other day eating the flowers on the gerber daisy. I had about 6 bunnies in the yard this evening. Getting run over with wild life!

I went to the show again, saw Baby Driver, lots of car chases and wild driving but it also had a story so was okay.

The bus trip returns on the 22nd. Got the itinerary, sounds like it should be fun. Since I had to pay a single supplement, I get both seats on the bus so can be comfortable.

Sharon

Sharon, here is the craziest story about Bill's surgery. He put it off until he ran the Boston Marathon. So the surgery was 2 days after him running the marathon. He told the Dr when they were getting him ready for the surgery, does it count for anything if I told you I ran the Boston Marathon 2 days ago? He ran it in 4:36, as he thought it would be the last time he would ever do that. Since then he ran 3 more Boston Marathons.

We got heavy thunderstorms early this morning and I guess we could get more this afternoon. We really needed the rain.

Well that will be good for you to get away on a bus trip. So will it be just 1 night staying at a hotel or will you be staying more?

Having those critters in your back yard will most likely be eating up your flowers. Especially those rabbits.

Kathy

That is almost a miracle that he could run the Boston Marathon with stage 4 cancer! Guess it just was meant to be and God wasn't ready for him yet! Even more that he ran 3 more, the average person would never in a lifetime run that race.

The rain woke me up last night it was coming down so hard. I meant to go and look at the rain gauge this morning but forgot all about it.

On the bus trip there will be 5 nights in a hotel, can't remember if we change hotels or spend the entire time in one. Will have to check the itinerary again to see.

I went with a friend tonight to dinner. She had gotten one of those "free" dinner things, just come and listen to their spiel. The talk was about this aluminum blanket they put in your attic and it kept the heat in, in the winter and the heat out in the summer. They also had a solar fan turbine that went on the roof and pulled the air up and out. Bill and I had went to the same type of deal a few years ago. Seems like a good idea and supposed to have a credit on your taxes. But I'm not interested in doing anything more to the house until I decided what I'm going to do.

After the dinner she wanted to go to the show so I said sure, can't remember the name of the movie exactly, something like 47 Below. About 2 gals that went down in a shark cage and it ended up falling all the way to the bottom of the ocean. The whole movie was how they were trying to get out and back up to the boat. Just got home and posting before I go to bed.

Did you happen to notice the moon tonight? As I was coming home at 10pm it was just coming up and it was huge and bright orange. It was beautiful!

Sharon

Sharon, I have noticed the moon at night. It is very bright and east of us right over the lake right across the street.

I know that we have a power vent on our house as well as on the garage, since we have a full walk up attic in our garage.

Whenever anyone first ever hears the C word, you think that it is all over for you. Bill had thought the very same thing so he ran that race that year like it was going to be his last ever. The announcer said to him when he came across the finish line, that he had never seen anyone finish so strong before.

The same happened to us as well, with being woke up with the heavy thunderstorms. We got more yesterday afternoon, and now with temps in the 80's and the rain has tracked way south of us.

Wow, 5 days staying in a hotel. Perhaps they will use the same one, as during the day going places and then at night, back to the hotel.

Kathy

So very humid today! It wasn't as hot as some days but the humidity really made you sweat! I was vacuuming up the bugs in the sun room and there just wasn't any air at all. I was dripping by the time I got done.

I've got to start packing some things tomorrow for my trip. I always have to try everything on to make sure it's not too big or too small since I have all sizes of clothes! Going by bus means you don't have to abide by the small containers of liquids which is nice.

Went to zumba and then to bible study tonight. I took treats for afterwards, 2 boxes of small sweet rolls. (We take turns bringing something) I wasn't sure how many would be there so wanted to have enough. Only one box was eaten so I had planned on taking the other box home and bringing it tomorrow night for the girls. But the guy leading the study packed up everything including the extra box of treats and said, I'll take these for the bible study group tomorrow morning, that's alright, isn't it? Well I had to say yes, but now I'm wondering how come every week what's left goes to the Wed morning study group, why don't they have to bring stuff for us sometimes. Oh well, guess if no one else cares I shouldn't either.

I bet Bill thought if it was his last chance he would go all out what do whatever it took!

It's almost foggy out tonight, hope the humidity is gone tomorrow.

Sharon

Sharon, I am the very same way about trying on many different clothes first. Bill thinks I am nuts. I have gotten much better as I usually pack much more than I actually wear. Men have it so easy and they do not wear as many cloths as us women do.

Yesterday I had heard that the temps would be in the 90's with triple digits in the heat index, and no rain. Then out of nowhere it just poured this morning. I heard that up your way, some places got over 5" of rainfall. So it is hard to say if we will get our games in tonight. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I would have been very upset with that guy taking the left over box. I know what you mean about feeling funny about saying anything. But the more I am thinking about this I would have said no, that I already have plans with that. Why should you be supplying the other group that you have nothing to do with treats. I never remember you telling me about your bible group before. Good that you stay so active.

Kathy

I did not have zumba today because the parking lot was flooded as was the road I take to get there. They let everyone know so we wouldn't make the effort to get there. My friend who lives up in Elkhorn had water start coming in her basement about 3am, then the sewer started backing up also. She called a guy she knew and he helped her get a couple more pumps going but now she has a real mess. Also heard further away Burlington's electric substation was underwater and they had instituted a 10 pm curfew. Those people don't have electric to run their pumps unless they have a generator. I had no water problems with the house, but the small ravine that runs along the side of the hill the house is on was running pretty swiftly. It will sink in, in a couple of days but will be too wet to mow for a while. Coming home tonight it is lightening and starting to rain again.

I got a letter of the St of IL today saying that I have a $35.00 penalty on my 2016 taxes. It's crazy because they show the amount due and then the same amount paid but then show the penalty. They cashed both my checks and even acknowledge their receipt so I don't understand where the penalty is coming from, both were paid on time! ugh

Stay dry

Sharon

Sharon, I guess you will just have to contest that penalty. Why should you pay for something that you have already paid.

So for us around here it started raining very heave around 10 am and then it had stopped around noon and then started up again around 1 and lasted for some 2 hours. So we did get in all of our games in last night and it became extremely humid. So we beat the team that have not lost a game yet and has been in first place. We beat them real good 16-5. I had heard that up your way some places got over 5" of rain. I did see all of the flooded places. We were alright around here with no water damage.

So that was good that they let every one know about the flooding so you did not have to make the trip. I also did see about the trains not running due to the flooding. So yesterday on my lunch break I went to WW and I lost 1 1/2. I still have a few more to loose to get back to my life time status.

So is it on Monday you will be leaving for your bus trip? I hope you will have a great time and will enjoy everything.

Kathy

Very good at WW! I am hoping to be either the same or down tomorrow when I go.

Good for your team! That was quite an impressive win too. Lucky you were able to get the game in. It was awfully humid again yesterday. I also noticed that I had not been bothered before by mosquitoes but yesterday they were humming around me while I was looking at the garden. Seems like overnight they multiplied.

Yes I leave on Monday, still trying to get stuff packed. I think I have narrowed it down but might have to take my big suitcase instead of the carry on. I haven't packed anything yet it's just laying out right now. If I only took the carry on I could take a bag for in the bus too with stuff I might want while riding.

I called the state ( hour wait to talk to someone) and then called the accountant again. The penalty was for paying an estimated tax payment all at once instead of through out the year. But I told the state guy, I got a distribution the end of Dec and didn't have to make estimated payments before that. So he said fill out an IL2210. Well I looked at it and talked it over with the accnt, and decided it would be easier to pay the $32 penalty then complete the form. Even though I don't owe it I have to play their silly game.

Sharon

Sharon, that is totally crazy about the state. But it does not surprise me the way this state is being run.

I agree that it has been real humid the past few days. It should not be humid today as temps around here will be in the 70's.

You should have a real good time on your bus trip. Just waiting to decide what to pack and what suitcase to pack.

I do not know what I will do today after work. Bill will be working an event at McCormick Place for the Brooks Company and will be home late tonight.

Good luck at WW today. I hope you will have good news and will loose instead of gaining today.

Kathy

Well not much but a loss of .2 was something besides a gain at WW this morning. They were saying there is a delivery service that is going to be available soon with fresh food. Did you hear about it at your meeting?

I spent several hours cutting the grass, leaving some in the back another day to see if it will dry up any more.

Still working on the packing, I don't know why I am procrastinating!

Hope you enjoy your evening,

Sharon

Sharon, I am having a nice relaxing day today. Slept in late, and shortly I will go for a pedie. I will do some watering once I return. Temps in the 70's around here today, and I see no rain in the forecast until Thursday.

I have not heard you talking about going to the pool lately. Have you been not going?

Well don't give it a second thought. I am the very same way when packing. Except I pack way too much. But you are right about not flying, so you will not be restricted to liquids. So how far do you have to drive to get to where the bus will depart from? Will you car be safe being parked there for so long?

So around your area are there any roads or properties under water or in a threat of getting any water? I see some places around the country where they are under water. Some bad storms. I see around your area where rivers are going way over flood stages.

.2 lose is much better than a .2 gain.

Kathy