Specialty Cruise and Reservations

sweets2323

My cruise is not until Jan 2018, but I made reservations already. I read a few times on the forum, that the specialty dinners were sold out 6 months in advance.

Did you go to all three restaurants such as , Steak, Italian and Chef on one sailing?

Would you reserve dinner back to back. Like, the 2nd 3rd and 4th day on the cruise?

I am new to all of this.

Thank you

I probably would not reserve 3 or 4 nights in a row at a specialty restaurant but I like the MDR and I want to eat there as much as possible. We always do the steakhouse once but would consider a second night on a longer cruise. I make reservations as soon as we know we're going however far out that is (our next cruise is April next year unless we sneak one in before then)

If you're going to try them all though I would definitely make the reservations as soon as they'll let ya. Doesn't cost anything and easy enough to cancel if something better comes up (well, for the restaurants it's easy - I don;t know what the deal is with Chef's table as we haven;t done that yet).

For our next cruise I made reservations 9 months out at the Steakhouse and Cucina del Capitano for that very reason. I'd hate to miss out when the reservations are so simple to cancel. We booked the 2nd night in the steakhouse and the 4th night in the Cucina. We decided to split them up by a day, because we too like eating in the MDR.

We didn't bother with the Chef's table, since it seems way too expensive, and the food is more of the 'gourmand' style than my DH would put up with! He'd be pretty disgusted with the 'chi-chi' style, and looking for a slice of pizza right after!

Is the MDR free? Is that where I sit down and eat with a waiter or waitress and the lido is the buffet style?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Exactly. Main Dining Room. You pick early, late or any time and usually you get what you pick but sometimes you get wait-listed. Early at 6, late is 830 I think. Any time is like a land based restaurant with no reservations - they give you a beeper and you wait for an opening. Might be 5 minutes, might be 30 but you'll eat.

. Early and late you will be assigned a table and it might be with other people but you can go to the maitre d on the first day and see if you can request a different arrangement.

They have dinner every night in the mdr. You can go to your assigned seating or you can go to one of the specialty restaurants or go up to the lido buffet. It's considered pretty rude to be late for your assigned seating in MDR sp please be there on time or go to lido. Or room service!

Oh and you can pretty much order as much as you want in mdr. Multiple apps, multiple main courses, multiple desserts. That might be my favorite part lol.

(I mean, I don't order more than I can eat...but I'm pretty good at eatin'. ;) 0

sent from my galaxy tab a