Azura with a 22 month old

HighlandGirlEB

I am sailing from Southampton in april with my daughter and grandaughter. We have booked a balcony cabin twin bed config.

I am wondering about space for a travel cot in the cabin, as I have read conflicting views on this. Some have said there is travel cots some said there isnt. Some that it fits in the main cabin fine some that it goes in the wardrobe area.

Others have said there is no room at all and that one of the parents is expected to sleep on the pull down bunk and the child in the lower bed with a guard.

Has anyone sailed on the Azura with a toddler? Can you help? if there were any photos of the balcony cabin layouts with a cot in situ that would be great :)

Also do you know if youre allowed to take your own inflatable bath for the shower which can be taken up to pool deck and use for toddlers to splash around in? (provided the water is not emptied back into the pool of course)

Thank you in advance !

Standard Balcony cabin with two people in housed in twin beds will allow space for a large travel cot near the patio doors or in the walk in wardrobe area. It is also possible to configure the two beds closer together to reallocate space leaving more near patio doors. I am thinking you need to confirm with P&O that they supply cots, have sufficient available and you request one for this cruise. . I believe they do (and a suitable life jacket for all ages and weights of passenger).

Incidentally the waiters will help with high chairs at meal times, buffet and MDR. There is also a special children's afternoon tea served, just for children. You may use children's club but must remain to supervise child at this age, but you can use their things. The exception to this is the Night Nursery which you can leave a sleeping or sleepy baby with between 6.00pm and 2.00am (last admission is 11.00pm)

I see no issues against taking an inflatable pool.

Regards John

Thanks John :)

My travel agent has said they have told P&O we need a cot so can only hope they are good to their word and we get one. Although tempted to contact P&O direct too..?

Knew we could use the children's area as long as we stayed with her but didnt know about the night creche. Not sure how she would be and if she would settle but we might try it.

Relieved to hear the cabin is big enough though:)

Only thing left to do is book car parking at southampton :)

Hi

We travelled on Azura last year with our daughter who was 19 months at the time. There was room for the travel cot in the outside cabin we had. We were still able to have th main bed as a double too so you will be fine. The kids facilities on Azura were excellent and our daughter r

eally enjoyed herself. The play room is large and well equipped and the staff are lovely. The night nursery is also really useful if you have a cooperative toddler. They give you a pager so if the little one wakes and can't be settled they can contact you to return

Hi

We were still able to have the main bed as a double too so you will be fine.

I am still thinking the grandmother and mother can fit in single beds with the baby in the cot, either by patio doors or in walk in wardrobe area which is quieter, as there is enough space. This arrangement leaves less space around it but sufficient.

Regards John

There are a number of configurations that works so it's what's best for you. We have been on 3 cruises with our little one and always found a good set up for cabin and cot. We have asked the steward to remove the small table for us as it helped us have a bit more space. And of course it's one less thing to climb on :)

It's a great holiday to do with children this age and I'm sure you will enjoy it