Bella experience

teachv

We had a Bella inside cabin, deck 9.

We had a great cabin stewardess, and once we left the cabin, it made no difference to how we were treated throughout the ship.

I love having traditional early seating (late is also available) so the lack of anytime dining is a plus for me.

We like our experience enough that we are booked again in a Bella inside cabin in April.

I wrote a review of our MSC cruise from last March. I will see if I can pull it up for you.

We had a Bella inside cabin, deck 9.

We had a great cabin stewardess, and once we left the cabin, it made no difference to how we were treated throughout the ship.

I love having traditional early seating (late is also available) so the lack of anytime dining is a plus for me.

We like our experience enough that we are booked again in a Bella inside cabin in April.

I wrote a review of our MSC cruise from last March.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2343166&highlight=Is+it+right+for+me

From my review of the March cruise:

Dress code

MSC has not abandon the idea of a dress code and, best of all, it is enforced and followed by (almost all) passengers.

There is one rule that is across the board for all the indoor restaurants and the buffet: Tank tops, bikini, bathrobes, and bare feet are not permitted at any time. No shorts in restaurants for dinner.

I noted that dinner in the Main Dining Room is a much smarter dress affair than on other mass market lines that have given up hope on making cruise dining a special time of the day.

I don't know if it is due to the number of Europeans on board or just a majority of more sophisticated cruisers.

Formal night had men in Tuxs or at least suits [i loved the one gentleman I saw in his kilt with a sgian dubh in his stocking (I asked, he has a special dull edged one for traveling)]. Women wore long gowns, short formal dresses and evening pants with sparkly tops. Some of the Japanese women wore beautiful silk kimonos. The children were done up in party dresses for girls and suits or at least dress shirts and ties for boys.

Other nights, most wore what could be described as country club smart casual or were dressier.

Except for embarkation night when not everyone had their luggage, no shorts were allowed in the dining room at dinner.

We did ride up on the elevator one morning on our way to the buffet for breakfast with a gentleman who was extremely angry that he was not allowed to eat breakfast before he hit the gym and was muttering that he never had this problem on Carnival.

When he left the elevator with a few more snarky comments, I asked his wife why he couldn't eat breakfast. She told me he had been refused entrance to both the buffet and the dining room due to his dress. He was wearing a gym type tank top, work out shorts and had a towel for sweat elegantly draped around his neck. Oh! Guess he didn't read the dress code restrictions in the daily planner.

Thank you for your nice review. Now if we don't want to do formal night (dh doesn't want to bring his suit) can we still go to the buffet while dressed more informal? I don't mean shorts and t shirts. Like long pants and a shirts without a jacket.

Edited by CruisingMom77

We did Bella last time and honestly we only missed having coffee delivered in the morning while we got ready...so we didn't have to run right to the buffet.

The buffet is not a dress up affair at all. Even for dinner people will have their shorts....t-shirts....comfortable clothes. Please don't feel like you need to dress up at all for the buffet.....people dress like they dress for lunch and breakfast. We actually ate three nights in dining room and four nights at the buffet. This year we are considering just eating in the buffet.

BTW....if it's an option....the Fantastica package (not sure when it was added to this level) gives you 12 drinks per person in your stateroom. This include alcohol, milkshakes, pop, and I think Ice Cream.

We are booked on the Divina, inside cabin, deck 8. We have never done a inside cabin or Bella experience. Can anyone give me their experience with the Bella experience, inside cabin on Davina. Thanks!

Your cabin is smaller 138 sq ft versus 169 sq ft and you may not get the dining time you wanted.