Oceania dock in Le Havre -- overnight parking nearby?

marne-c

Our Sirena cruise will end at Le Havre on a Sunday, but we'll arrive there on Saturday and dock overnight. Post-cruise, my wife and I will take off in a rental car for several days of exploring. But we must pick up our rental car on the Saturday, since the car-hire office is closed on Sundays.

That means we have to park the car in Le Havre overnight. Is there a safe place to park near Oceania's cruise dock? Is there a safer or more sensible location for overnight parking somewhere else in Le Havre?

--Marne

Edited by marne-c

Marne, we're in the same boat (literally!) renting a Europcar on Saturday to tour and return later in the week. Hopefully someone who knows the area will reply!

There is parking at the Docks Vauban complex:

http://www.docksvauban.com/services-liste/parking/

which appears to be accessible via a shuttle front the cruise terminal (hopefully taxis will also be available at the dock!). There does appear to be a fee for parking, so hopefully it's also a safe place to park.

These are the GPS coordinates for the Cruise Ship Terminal in La Havre.

N 49° 28' 54.13", E 0° 6' 32.25"

Copying them into the address bar of a new Window should bring you to the Google Earth map of the port.

From there, click on the "nearby" icon, then type in "Parking" and you should see a map similar to this:

b_155635.jpg

It looks to me like there are tons of safe lots, but all of them are at least a cab ride away.

In June of last year, the Port was running a free shuttle bus with drop offs at the Le Vulcan entertainment complex or the Espace Coty shopping mall; you may want to do further research to determine if any of these lots is near those locations.

Hope that this helped. Enjoy your cruise!

Copying them into the address bar of a new Window should bring you to the Google Earth map of the port.

From there, click on the "nearby" icon, then type in "Parking" and you should see a map similar to this:

b_155635.jpg

It looks to me like there are tons of safe lots, but all of them are at least a cab ride away.

In June of last year, the Port was running a free shuttle bus with drop offs at the Le Vulcan entertainment complex or the Espace Coty shopping mall; you may want to do further research to determine if any of these lots is near those locations.

Thanks for this harbour plan, it took me back to 1953 when I was on my way to New York on the MV Georgic and visited this harbour complete with junk from WW2 (German fighter Plane) poking out of the water. Sorry for being off-topic, but i do know that i once saw a Messerschmitt parked in the harbour illegally.:D

Only knew her with one funnel, liked her very much- but that is my feeling for most ships. I do remember seeing both Cunarder Queens, Mary and Elizabeth, as we made our passage to NY. The Georgic Captain posted when they would pass and as a small boy I went on deck to watch and hear the whistles from these great ships as they saluted the lowly Georgic. Little did I know then that the bomb which hit Georgic in WW2 had caused structural damage that made her unfit for the Atlantic run during the winter season which led to her end as a Cunard ship. Many thanks for your photos - lovely memories for me and much appreciated.:)

Copying them into the address bar of a new Window should bring you to the Google Earth map of the port. From there, click on the "nearby" icon, then type in "Parking" and you should see a map similar to this:

Jim and Stan: MANY thanks for this!

--Marne