Alaska on Regatta 2017 - Groups?

ilovhywd

We are looking at the Alaska cruises on the Regatta for next June. The June 20 cruise is almost fully booked; however the cruise right before it and the cruise right after it have availability in all categories.

How can we find out if there is a large group or convention on this particular date?

Thanks!

Google the question. University of Maryland Alumni Association is arranging a cruise called 'Alaskan Falls and Frontiers' on Regatta on that date. Before our South Pacific cruise on Marina earlier this year we did a similar search as we were alarmed by posts on Cruise Critic that it was a popular destination for Alumni Groups. There was one on board. They were obvious but not too intrusive. The size of the ship may of course have been the reason for this. Regatta is rather smaller.

I googled and found Indiana University Alumni Association! These groups are not a problem. It is only a problem when they close off certain venues for seminars and other events.

Thanks so much for your assistance!

I got a brochure from Northwestern for the June 20 cruise. Looks like one of those organizations that put together group tours is behind this. We happened to be one of the few people on a Russian river cruise that included 3 Eastern colleges-Bates, Bowdoin and one other. It actually turned out to be outstanding. They had some excellent lecturers and everyone was invited. Maybe a cocktail party that was closed.

Another cruise around Cape Horn included an Audubon Society group, another a an American group of Eastern European folk dancers. These groups can be a lot of fun.

Not sure I would knowingly sign up for a Big Ten cruise. But if they don't sell out, you could get a good offer later. Or check with the sponsoring organization-Go Next. I think they had a group on our South American cruise but I didn't pay a lot of attention. Just noticed a table they had set up.

Google Northwestern University Alumni Alaska cruise for the info. Also google your own university for alumni trips.

Mary