More French America Line Riverboat Sailings Canceled Due to Ongoing Repairs

Host Jazzbeau

• 3 months later...

We had an awful experience with French America Line and I will be surprised to learn that they are still in business. A small group of us booked with FAL for a cruise last November. FAL cancelled the cruise due to plumbing issues on the ship. We rebooked for this past April and again, they cancelled due to repair issues. I am out of pocket about $1400 for insurance costs (the insurance company is not responsible when the cruise line cancels) and extra hotel nights. This is despite my being assured that FAL would cover the cost of my insurance. I sent all relevant invoices and statements to the cruise line, but never heard from them. Repeated phone messages were never returned, nor did I have any response to emails or the three certified letters that were sent. They have not given me the courtesy of any kind of response to any of my efforts to contact them. I cannot discourage anyone strongly enough from booking with them.

• 11 months later...

Yep, the Louisiane had a lot of problems. The companies involved are French America Line and Uncommon Journeys. This story lays it all out:

"Cruise company sails away with Mesa couple's $10,000 -- Hundreds of passengers left in the lurch after cruise line cancels trips, withholds refunds." https://www.azcentral.com/story/money/business/consumers/2018/06/07/louisiane-french-america-line-uncommon-journeys-riverboat-company-sails-away-customers-money-refund/653837002/

https://www.wkyc.com/article/news/nation-now/investigation-cruise-start-up-french-america-line-took-customer-money-didnt-deliver/465-35cd4c61-7512-42a0-b026-5851d739d7b0

Here is an article about how terrible French America Line is. I will be surprise if the company don't file for bankruptcy soon, if not go completely out of business.