Renewal of Vows

pollardtom

So, the next question already...

Something me and my partner have considered for our honeymoon cruise (QM2 TA EB) is doing a renewal of vows on board. We thought it would be an extra special day during our cruise and we could invite 1 or 2 other couples we made connections with on board.

What does anyone think? Has anyone done it? Is it worth it?

Also how long does it last? Do you get the cake / champagne in the same room as the ceremony? (i.e. do you get a bit of time to celebrate?).

How likely / unlikely is it that the Captain does the ceremony?

Does anyone have any ideas for alternatives, we are in Britannia Club, so a in room cocktail party is not on the cards.

Thanks again.

Tom

So, the next question already...

Something me and my partner have considered for our honeymoon cruise (QM2 TA EB) is doing a renewal of vows on board. We thought it would be an extra special day during our cruise and we could invite 1 or 2 other couples we made connections with on board.

What does anyone think? Has anyone done it? Is it worth it?

Also how long does it last? Do you get the cake / champagne in the same room as the ceremony? (i.e. do you get a bit of time to celebrate?).

How likely / unlikely is it that the Captain does the ceremony?

Does anyone have any ideas for alternatives, we are in Britannia Club, so a in room cocktail party is not on the cards.

Thanks again.

Tom

We did it on the Arcadia last August, we had our son and fiends from Australia and UK who we meet on a cruise few years earlier, the package was great value IMO included everything champagne, cake, flowers, a framed photo, photographer but not photos we paid £300 for all the photos on a disc, the captain conducted the ceremony which lasted around 30 minutes the captain stayed for photos and was in no rush, we went for drinks in a quite bar then had a dinner in the Sindu restaurant.

I kept this a surprise my wife had two hours notice :)

8a3117075e76eb442d76493c3e989362.jpg

3928f400d4d1d7acda178b376cdf6f66.jpg

1b135afb83edfd45fc5c7f796df5e4c2.jpg

f7d998d282832ba4324c954f8efba0db.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Jason12

We were on the Queen Mary 2 in December and saw a renewal of vows ceremony. It was in the Commodore Club (a part was roped off) and the Captain conducted the service. Later we saw the couple having photos taken in the atrium.

The photos look great Jason, its good to hear the captain wasn't in a rush! & what a secret for everyone to keep.... I had a look at the forms for Cunard, and it had details of who was organizing and who wasn't to know, and I thought at the time - i'd never keep that a secret.

And thanks babs - nice to see the Captain does do the ceremony.

The photos look great Jason, its good to hear the captain wasn't in a rush! & what a secret for everyone to keep.... I had a look at the forms for Cunard, and it had details of who was organizing and who wasn't to know, and I thought at the time - i'd never keep that a secret.

And thanks babs - nice to see the Captain does do the ceremony.

Luckily our friends brought the wedding dress and other stuff onboard for me, it was a 16 month secret which we nearly let slip on many occasions :)

It's really worth the cost such a great day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A friend of mine got married in France, all a secret for the bride, using a fib that they were going to a friends wedding. The bride even helped make table decorations the night before. He then proposed an hour before the service!