Msc yacht club

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Ask a Cruise Question
Post your general cruise questions here.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 11:32 AM.
26 Posts
Joined Feb 2017
Hello everyone. I am new here and looking for some help. I am travelling solo to Norwegian Fjords at end of May. Just wondering on clothes to pack . Also I am staying in yc . Big question is it really posh? I ask this as my family are treating me as I have had a lot of illnesses and I fear that I will be out of place in my new ordinary primary or such clothes. Do ordinary people state in yc or will I be miserable there. First time cruiser. Any advice please
New Zealand
1,120 Posts
Joined Nov 2013
We were first time cruisers and pretty ordinary when we stayed in the Yacht Club. We had a lovely time and I'm sure you will too!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
My travel blog - a work in progress

BOOKED
Sapphire Princess - 21 night South East Asia Cruise (19 Dec 2017-9 Jan 2018)

COMPLETED
MSC Preziosa - Eastern Med (5-12 July 2014) -> 15th anniversary cruise without our children ... in the Yacht Club! Read my review thread here.
Disney Magic - Western Carribean (14-21 December 2014) -> a holiday for our boys
Queen Mary 2 - 7 night Transatlantic East - New York to Southampton (6-13 July 2016) -> voyage to England with the kids
Celebrity Eclipse - 14 night Scandinavia & Russia (17-31 July 2016)
Pacific Pearl - 4 night NZ coastal - Auckland to Bay of Islands & return (3-7th Feb 2017)
Washington
5,920 Posts
Joined Apr 2009
The Yacht Club is a bit dressier but not formal - I'd describe it as Country Club casual or business casual. If you are female, wear sundresses, maxi dresses, skirt and top with a sweater or jacket or nice pants and top with jacket or sweater - flat sandals or nice flats would be fine. For men, trousers and a sports shirt with a collar would be appropriate. There are 2 formal nights where you will need to dress up a bit - just wore a maxi dress with sandals and my husband wore a dark suit and tie although there were other ladies in beaded dresses and men in tuxes.

What would look out of place are
short shorts (Bermuda shorts would be OK during the day with a collared sports shirt.)
ragged jeans - nicely pressed jeans with a collared shirt would be OK
anything revealing
t-shirts

Bring a coverup to wear over your swimsuit when you come inside from the pool deck. If you are a man, put a shirt on before coming indoors.