Ok gonna try this again!

Lalalucy

We stayed in 780 during a 2 week Alaska cruise, Vancouver to Vancouver. It's a beautiful suite. The living room is huge. It has a 6 seat dining table. The bedroom is average size with an average size walk-in closet. The bathroom is small with a shower tub combo. It is hard to get in and out of. There is also a delightful powder room, which is always appreciated!

The highlight of the suite is the very large balcony. It is a beauty! On this voyage we used it extensively. The problem with the Horizon lounge is smoking! It was not a problem for us the first seven days of the cruise but the following week was brutal! We are both smoke sensitive and it was constantly cigarette and cigar smoke. For that reason we would not book this particular suite. I think 781 would be fine. If your smokers you may love it. Again depending on your preferences it is a very beautiful suite.

Oops and how could I forget...Pipe smoke

Thanks crushin7 781 is what's avail. I am smoke sensitive, my husband is not. We have stayed in 8101 and 8100 and we loved the suite. Loved the balcony. I was more concerned about the noise. I can deal with smoke as long as the suite is quiet, and specially at night!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Has anyone stayed on Deck 7 in SS Aft Suite on Mariner? If so, did you hear music or noise from Horizon Lounge on Deck 6? Thank you in advance[emoji12]

We stayed in 781 on a trans-Atlantic cruise from Cape Town to Rio in 2015. Never any issue with noise or smoke. We loved this suite!

Hubby and I love these SS aft suites, and have frequented one on each deck. 770 has smoke wafting up onto your fabulous deck, which makes it useless to us. Noise and vibration fro Horizon lounge also a major issue for light sleepers. I would also not recommend deck 10 due to La Veranda right above you. Quite noisy there as well. Decks 8 and 9 in these suites are perfect. I would suggest starboard if available if you have difficulty getting into/out of the tub/shower combo.

• 2 months later...
We stayed in 780 during a 2 week Alaska cruise, Vancouver to Vancouver. It's a beautiful suite. The living room is huge. It has a 6 seat dining table. The bedroom is average size with an average size walk-in closet. The bathroom is small with a shower tub combo. It is hard to get in and out of. There is also a delightful powder room, which is always appreciated!

The highlight of the suite is the very large balcony. It is a beauty! On this voyage we used it extensively. The problem with the Horizon lounge is smoking! It was not a problem for us the first seven days of the cruise but the following week was brutal! We are both smoke sensitive and it was constantly cigarette and cigar smoke. For that reason we would not book this particular suite. I think 781 would be fine. If your smokers you may love it. Again depending on your preferences it is a very beautiful suite.

Oops and how could I forget...Pipe smoke

I'm booked in the same suite next month (SS 780) . What was the condition of the room? Stained carpet? Tattered couch? Chipped furniture? I've been reading other posts where these complaints are mentioned but noting so far on the Seven Seas suites on the Mariner.

I'm booked in the same suite next month (SS 780) . What was the condition of the room? Stained carpet? Tattered couch? Chipped furniture? I've been reading other posts where these complaints are mentioned but noting so far on the Seven Seas suites on the Mariner.

What you are reading (chipped furniture, etc.) are in the PH and below suites - not the Seven Seas suites. We have stayed in 781 - no noise - no smoke (smoking outside of the Horizon Lounge is only on one side - I'm fairly certain it is the port side). Lovely suite!

We are currently in SS #988. We sailed in this suite 2 years ago as well. It does need some refurbishment but is still in good condition. The chairs and some pillows are very well worn. Mold on shower curtain and in shower. Some chips in tub porcelain and vanity table. Rust on sliding glass door and deck furniture. I do not see that any of these issues take away from the suite as it is clean, the carpets look fine, and we are very comfortable. We have also stayed in a SS suite on deck 7 , and would not recommend it due to the smoke issue mentioned already. In the SS deck 10 suite, we encountered much noise due to La Veranda being right on top of you.

:DGreat, we are in a concierge suite. If the SS suites aren't that bad, but still have mold I them. I can't wait to see what is going on in 869. Regent, please get that Clorox into 869 before January if it is needed. I can deal with most other items. Thank you!

Has anyone stayed in the Mariner’s Mariner suite? We have booked 1010 (Port side) for Seward to Vancouver cruise; hope there is minimal noise from above & also elevators. Needed to be near elevators. Sounds like these suites are very nice and may not need refurbishment.

Has anyone stayed in the Mariner’s Mariner suite? We have booked 1010 (Port side) for Seward to Vancouver cruise; hope there is minimal noise from above & also elevators. Needed to be near elevators. Sounds like these suites are very nice and may not need refurbishment.

We have been in a Mariner suite (and will be in one again in 2 1/2 weeks). We aren't bothered by the elevator noise at all. My only concern about being on deck 10 is that it is below the pool deck. I looked at the deck plan and can't determine what is above suite 1010 (it looks like a blank box which would be a good thing).

No need to worry about how the Mariner will look for Alaska season as she will have gone through a $50M refurbishment!

The noise from the pool deck comes early in the morning when they are setting up chaise lounges (scraping sounds from when they are being moved). If it is raining, there would be less activity but the weather is usually warmer than we expect in Alaska.

Agree with you that there does not appear to be anything above suite 1010.

BTW, the Mariner suite is our favorite suite on the Mariner - very spacious. You should have a great time!

DH are really looking forward to staying in that suite! Do you know if anyone uses the pool if it is warm enough?

We have been to Alaska four times and three of those times the pool was utilized (the pool is heated). Even if it is a bit cold, people lie out on the pool deck with a blanket (not sure that I understand that but resting or sleeping in fresh air is likely a good thing). Our first cruise to Alaska (in May) had temperatures at 80 degrees in Juneau. I had not packed for warm weather so had to go to a tourist shop to get some t-shirts. Ever since then I recommend that people pack some short sleeved shirts and layer more clothing on top of that for the colder weather - typically in the morning.