Any recent cruiser on Costa Victoria (Asia route)

o0KelviN0o

This is going to be my first time on Costa and the first time in a "non balcony" as my agent told me that only the mini suites are for 2 adults & 1 child (<4 years old).

I wonder if I will enjoy the full height windows instead of being in an open balcony.

Anyway, I wanted to know a few things and appreciate any advice given.

1. Is it allowed to dine by the swimming pool?
  2. Are the kids club free?
  3. Do they provide coffee on-board or do I have to purchase the AI package?

Thank you :)

This is going to be my first time on Costa and the first time in a "non balcony" as my agent told me that only the mini suites are for 2 adults & 1 child (<4 years old).

I wonder if I will enjoy the full height windows instead of being in an open balcony.

Anyway, I wanted to know a few things and appreciate any advice given.

1. Is it allowed to dine by the swimming pool?
  2. Are the kids club free?
  3. Do they provide coffee on-board or do I have to purchase the AI package?

Thank you :)

So I'll try and answer your questions.

1. What exactly do you mean by dine by the pool. There is no waiter service (food) by the pool, you can take food from the buffet to eat near the pool. The question is if you would be allowed to eat by the pool due to the possibility of breakage and passengers walking about bare footed.

2. All kids clubs on all Costa ships for all free.

3. Coffee if free during breakfast in MDR and Buffet, from large urns. During the day coffee can be had from the Buffet either from the large urns or sachets of instant coffee and hot water. If you have booked a premium category cabin , then you can order breakfast in the cabin with very good cuppacino, which is free. There is also the Coffee Card package, which is 25 Cuppacinos for €50, which can be purchased onboard.

Edited by G.M.T.

Just got back off Victoria, Shanghai to Singapore... She is the oldest of the Costa fleet we have been on but she is a wonderful ship, no pool at the aft but great to be able to find a table to eat breakfast or lunch or just to enjoy a drink alfresco..

We had a balcony cabin on deck 9, the smallest cabin we have had on a Costa ship but it was perfectly formed, but I would advise to take a travel hairdryer as the one in the cabin you had to pull out of the drawer blocking the wardrobe... The only other niggle was that there was no real bar in the atrium... Would we go on Victoria again, even doing the same ports of call.

• 7 months later...
Just got back off Victoria, Shanghai to Singapore... She is the oldest of the Costa fleet we have been on but she is a wonderful ship, no pool at the aft but great to be able to find a table to eat breakfast or lunch or just to enjoy a drink alfresco..

We had a balcony cabin on deck 9, the smallest cabin we have had on a Costa ship but it was perfectly formed, but I would advise to take a travel hairdryer as the one in the cabin you had to pull out of the drawer blocking the wardrobe... The only other niggle was that there was no real bar in the atrium... Would we go on Victoria again, even doing the same ports of call.

I am planning to book the cruise from Shanghai to Singapore this October 2015 on the Costa Victoria - I don't see any other members, you mentioned that you are interested in going again.