Upgrade to Mini Suite vs current Large Balcony?

The little extra room and a tub is not worth it IMHO.

Not all mini-suites on newer ships have tubs, only family mini-suites (M4, M3, M2) do have those on Breakaway class ships.

Edited by Demonyte

Can I ask what you mean by Secret? Also from my experience on the breakaway the difference from a balcony to a mini suite is the size of the bathroom. It is much bigger. Some people like that. But for $200 and probably a smaller balcony I would probably not upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can I ask what you mean by Secret? Also from my experience on the breakaway the difference from a balcony to a mini suite is the size of the bathroom. It is much bigger. Some people like that. But for $200 and probably a smaller balcony I would probably not upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the "Away" ships there are several BD Balconies that show up incorrectly on the deck plans and have bigger balconies. 8138, 8738, 8710, 8712, 8110, and 8112

http://s617.photobucket.com/user/kenlorz/media/Screen%20shot%202015-01-16%20at%203.42.41%20PM_zpstdoxyska.png.html

http://s617.photobucket.com/user/kenlorz/media/image.jpg1_zpsyjw2g6e1.jpg.html

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=46700940&postcount=23

I have 8738 which I researched for months before deciding on splurging on a balcony. A small balcony would not be worth it to me, but this is. So yeah, I think I would rather the big balcony instead of the upgrade.

Thanks for the feedback!

the angled ones on deck 8--just be aware that the balcony has a fence and you cannot go all the way to the railing. your view forward is totally blocked too. we cruised in August with friends who had bx 9110 which was angled but not as large as the pics you are showing. but still good and better than regular balcony.

Minisuite not worth it IMO. unless it's an M6.

Edited by mizlorinj

Hi all. I am currently booked in a Secret Large Balcony on Getaway this coming Thanksgiving. My PCC called and said I could upgrade to a guarantee mini suite for $200.

Is it worth it? What is the difference on an "Away" mini suite versus a BD with one of the larger secret balconies?

Are there any fun single guys in your group?