Stay healthy and pack your own aspirin.

computerworks

AND...that's one reason that when I retired I only considered living in an area Kaiser served....... Like Knee replacements....are $15.00 ( but that's per knee if not done together .and in my retirement I negotiated for life time Kaiser payment/ premium for my wife and I....

Seriously, for any folks who travel, AND the ability to get Kaiser grab it... While Medicare wont pay out of the country, Kaiser as a supplement will.

Just a heads up

A comment to Caroldoll re the $10,000 cc coverage... Hey if you have the dough to afford an Owners Suite then you probably can self insure no problem.

You're paying some sort of premium, no matter what you negotiated, and youi're paying the Medicare Part B, and most folks on supplements are paying something for Part D. We're on a Medicare Advantage Plan, no premiums, Part D is included, AND we get a 100% refund of our Part B. We pay nothing, except for small co-pays, even for my two open heart surgeries -- a small copay for the first 5 days in the hospital. We've had the same doctors for years; they belong to all the insurance programs, so we never have to switch doctors when we switch plans.

As a result, we can easily afford trip insurance.

Like Kaiser being in just one area of the country, I believe Florida is one of the few states that have these very competitive Advantage plans.

You're paying some sort of premium, no matter what you negotiated, and youi're paying the Medicare Part B, and most folks on supplements are paying something for Part D. We're on a Medicare Advantage Plan, no premiums, Part D is included, AND we get a 100% refund of our Part B. We pay nothing, except for small co-pays, even for my two open heart surgeries -- a small copay for the first 5 days in the hospital. We've had the same doctors for years; they belong to all the insurance programs, so we never have to switch doctors when we switch plans.

Like Kaiser being in just one area of the country, I believe Florida is one of the few states that have these very competitive Advantage plans.

NY has them too as I think most parts of America. What does this have to do with a trip on Oceania?

Sent from my XT1032 using Forums mobile app

NY has them too as I think most parts of America. What does this have to do with a trip on Oceania?

Sent from my XT1032 using Forums mobile app

I dunno, what does your post have to do with an Oceania trip?

Florida may offer very competitive Advantage plans, but that is true if Florida is your only state of residence. Blue Cross, Aetna, and AARP Advantage plans issued to New York may or may not be transferred to medical care for snowbirds when in residence in Florida. Furthermore, there are all kinds of fine print including restrictions on the doctors a snowbird may use even if the regional plan can transferred to Florida for part of the year.

Bottom line: Anything any of us say about our insurance plans -- medical or travel -- must be considered the starting point for each reader's investigation. Do not assume the information that applies to any poster also applies to every reader!

Heck, even within Florida for a Florida resident, Medicare Advantage plans are restricted to certain counties, and not all plans are available in all counties, even from the same provider!

And, what ties these comments to an Oceania cruise is whether one needs some sort of travel insurance, the original subject of the thread.

Someone is paying for me..cause seriously all I do is pay my $15 co-pay I have never on my 1099r seen any deductions anf that included taxes as I elected not tohave them withheld... If there is a charge for the B my retirement is picking itup... and all my medical ins comes totally from a non paycheck so it is not being quietly.. I am glad I retired 18 years ago cause getting anyone to give you that ( unless your Bob Iger or Warren Buffet)

is a rare and getting rarer bird