Marina PH 10032

wally_bushy

I am sure JIM address your question but if you check this thread with photos

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2226902

Deck 11 is the only deck affected by the overhang from deck 12 that I am aware of

If you put the cabin # into the search feature on the main Oceania page here there may be other comments posted already

enjoy

Lyn

Again one for the experts.

How is PH10032 on the Marina

I hope it doesn't have the overhang issue from above suites

Any other comments or views welcome:)

Deck 12 overhangs Decl 11; it shouldn't bother anyone unless they want to look up. Deck 10 has no overhang, and the Deck 12 overhang is far enough above that it isn't even a consideration.

I've not specifically been in 10032, but I have been in both Deck 11 and Deck 10 penthouse suites. Unfortunately, we were in a Deck 11 suite when we were entering Kotor, Montenegro through the Montenegro "fjords". I tried desperately to get a photo of the majestic mountains through which we were passing...

989332739_P1030928(Custom).jpg.ca94e2b9341f4ecc2c218d75a6426ed7.jpg

150891327_P1030932(Custom).jpg.c7afbe343e34e19b02137ddb83e60808.jpg

1027013045_P1030935(Custom).jpg.e1f437293e868f3b076b37b12c7122d8.jpg

There should be no similar problem on Deck 10.

Edited by hondorner

I am unable to copy the link to the thread for some reason.

Go to Search and type in Riviera cabin 10032.

People noise +++, and a direct view into the cabin from elevator lobby when cabin door open.

First of all, on Oceania, "People Noise" has to be a cruise by cruise problem, secondly,

020635.jpg there are 9 or 10 Penthouses which are equally close to the Elevator Lobbies (we ourselves were in 11021 for the Riviera's introductory voyage) and it's a nothing of a problem.....just close the door.

Read the thread ...I wasn't the only one who found it loud, just as S&J weren't the only ones who had no problems.

Make your own decision.

Thanks for all replies.

A balanced set of views is better than a single "biased" view.

It is a bit like "who liked the food":)

We spent 32 days in 10030 in February/March of this year. We were originally concerned about the noise from the elevator and that didn't happen. Cannot remember a single instance that we heard noise from the hallway or the elevator/stairs areas. Location right down the hall from the laundry room was a big plus too.

We spent 32 days in 10030 in February/March of this year. We were originally concerned about the noise from the elevator and that didn't happen. Cannot remember a single instance that we heard noise from the hallway or the elevator/stairs areas. Location right down the hall from the laundry room was a big plus too.

Good to hear (or not hear:))

• 1 year later...
We were in it, and found it very noisy....

I have another question about this cabin (Marina PH2 10032). We are booked in this cabin on an upcoming cruise in January 2018 and want to know if the bed faces aft or forward (the direction of your feet). It seems from the deck plans that it would be facing forward but someone at Oceania told me that it faces aft. They also told me that several adjacent cabins also faced aft which seemed to me to not make sense as I would believe that the bathrooms are back to back in the adjacent cabins and with the layout of the room, it would also seem that the headboards of the beds are along those same walls. Since you have stayed in this cabin before can you shed any light on this? I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Ben

I have another question about this cabin (Marina PH2 10032). We are booked in this cabin on an upcoming cruise in January 2018 and want to know if the bed faces aft or forward (the direction of your feet). It seems from the deck plans that it would be facing forward but someone at Oceania told me that it faces aft. They also told me that several adjacent cabins also faced aft which seemed to me to not make sense as I would believe that the bathrooms are back to back in the adjacent cabins and with the layout of the room, it would also seem that the headboards of the beds are along those same walls. Since you have stayed in this cabin before can you shed any light on this? I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Ben

Your feet will be at the forward end. We stayed in this cabin last year (Feb 16) and loved it.

Your feet will be at the forward end. We stayed in this cabin last year (Feb 16) and loved it.

+1

We have not booked 10032 specifically, but knew that it was "best foot forward" because the recessed part of the hallway wall is always where the cabin door is

b_002535.jpg

and the headboard of the bed is on the side where the hall wall protrudes further out to accommodate the bathroom.

o-staterooms-3d-penthouse-sm.jpg

+1

We have not booked 10032 specifically, but knew that it was "best foot forward" because the recessed part of the hallway wall is always where the cabin door is

b_002535.jpg

and the headboard of the bed is on the side where the hall wall protrudes further out to accommodate the bathroom.

o-staterooms-3d-penthouse-sm.jpg

That was my understanding from the deck plans/cabin layout too. However Oceania told me that 10032 and several of the cabins (not all but many) adjacent to it all have the feet facing aft and in the starboard side it is the opposite. Seems like the person at Oceania giving me this info was wrong. That's why I asked at cruise critic. Thanks for your reply.

Ben

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Seems like the person at Oceania giving me this info was wrong. That's why I asked at cruise critic
We once had this same conversation with the Vice President in charge of the Miami call center...

Seems that they spend a ton of money on training, and invite the call reps to visit the ships whenever they port in Miami, but it is reaping limited rewards.

My personal suggestion was that they produce a few sets of deck-plans drawn to this level of detail:

IMG_3398-978x978.jpg

We once had this same conversation with the Vice President in charge of the Miami call center...

Seems that they spend a ton of money on training, and invite the call reps to visit the ships whenever they port in Miami, but it is reaping limited rewards.

My personal suggestion was that they produce a few sets of deck-plans drawn to this level of detail:

IMG_3398-978x978.jpg

I agree!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums