Norwegian Jewel or Celebrity Solstice??

bekbek4248

Hi there!

So sorry if there is thread somewhere with a similar question, but my husband and I are looking to go on a cruise to Hawaii next year and have found similar itineraries on the Norwegian Jewel and the Celebrity Solstice... Wondering if any of you have advice for us!

We have been been on one Norwegian cruise but never Celebrity yet. We are in our early 30's, love lazy sea days by the pool, enjoy trying new restaurants. We've read a ton of reviews on both ships and can't decide which we should do! :)

Any suggestions?? :)

I would choose Celebrity over NCL anyday!!! Especially if you are laid back people. :) We did the 15 day, round trip out of Long Beach and it was wonderful. LOVE the sea days!!! (Hawaii wasn't bad either, Lol )

Edited by champagne123
aaaa

Let me preface it by saying "this is just my opinion" but...... I'd choose Celebrity. We'be been on both. We find the overall "fit and finish" of appointments is a bit nicer on "X" and MDR dining offers a much nicer experience on "X". Overall entertainment on both is pretty much the same.

Hi there!

So sorry if there is thread somewhere with a similar question, but my husband and I are looking to go on a cruise to Hawaii next year and have found similar itineraries on the Norwegian Jewel and the Celebrity Solstice... Wondering if any of you have advice for us!

We have been been on one Norwegian cruise but never Celebrity yet. We are in our early 30's, love lazy sea days by the pool, enjoy trying new restaurants. We've read a ton of reviews on both ships and can't decide which we should do! :)

Any suggestions?? :)

We did a 12 day European cruise on Celebrity Equinox and a 7 day Caribbean on Celebrity Reflection.I have nothing to compare to but the service,ship,food was top notch.Classy would be the word I would use.We sat with the same people for the entire 12 days in in Europe.They were an older couple from England (70 ish) They said they've been on many cruises and thought the food was the best they ever had.Were 45/38 year old couple.Almost no kids at all on the ship made for a nice adult type cruise.

Thanks guys! I appreciate all of the input!

May I ask a couple follow up questions...

This seems to be a hot/sensitive subject on the threads, but we are pretty casual people (not pajamas or anything like that in the dining room) but my husband is a shorts year round kind of guy. I understand Celebrity has a bit more a dress code than NCL. Will we fit in on Celebrity? :)

Also, we love people of all ages and love talking to anyone, but just wondering if there will be people our age on the ship? Just trying to get a feel for the general population of the ship?

I really do appreciate your help!

Hmmmm...

Maybe stick with NCL instead. ;)

NCL / Celebrity = apples / oranges.

I sailed on Celebrity in my 30's, then again, I also sailed on Cunard then too. It's depends on who you are. I'm 57, and I still wear a jacket and tie or, when appropriate, a tuxedo on Celebrity, and I did that in my 30's too.

Edited by loubetti

Thanks guys! I appreciate all of the input!

May I ask a couple follow up questions...

This seems to be a hot/sensitive subject on the threads, but we are pretty casual people (not pajamas or anything like that in the dining room) but my husband is a shorts year round kind of guy. I understand Celebrity has a bit more a dress code than NCL. Will we fit in on Celebrity? :)

Also, we love people of all ages and love talking to anyone, but just wondering if there will be people our age on the ship? Just trying to get a feel for the general population of the ship?

I really do appreciate your help!

Dining Room for me was a polo shirt and slacks every night and fit in.Formal nights are a different story.I wore a brown jacket slacks shoes a button up shirt and tie.I thought I looked real good like I was going to a wedding. Out of the 100's in the room I was the only one not wearing black and most had full blown tuxedos.I wasn't renting a tuxedo for a week.I actually felt out of place walking to my table.So yes definitely a dress code at diner and nightlife at the bar.Like I said before.Its a classy type ship.I you went to the bar at night in shorts you would feel out of place.Daytime is a different story.I wore my bathing suite all day.The ship has an older crowd for sure.TONS of 60's and 70's but plenty in 30/40 /50 range as not to feel weird.Someone actually died on the ship LOL.Not many in there 20's.Who can afford a cruise in there 20's not many....This is for Celebrity

They have actually changed the dress code in the last year so no more formal nights but Elegant Chic. You will now find a wide variety of dress on those nights from tuxes to designer jeans. Long pants are required in the MDR every night. However I would say if after dinner he wants to change into shorts again, that would be fine.