Water Toys

wbierbra

Am going on Wind Surf in Feb. 2016. I'm interested in knowing the variety of the water toys that are for use for the guests. (specifically off the swim platform) I also read that Wind Surf supplies free of charge snorkel equipment. Is this true? And, how many do they carry?

While I'm on the subject, about how many times is the swim platform used?

Thanks to all!

We have just returned from the Windstar and on that ship there was snorkel masks, fins and vests to borrow free of charge. There were not enough to cover all passengers but it didn't seem to be a problem as quite a few had thei own equipment, and not everyone wanted to snorkel. You picked these up at the start of the cruise and kept them in your cabin, so you could take them on snorkelling trips or use them on the beach.

The water platform was out a couple of times. They will not put it out when the ship is docked, only when anchored offshore, and it is dependant on weather conditions. Ie if the currents are too strong it will not be used. we did not use it as we preferred to snorkel off the beach.

They had water mats and The foam tubes to help you float, paddle boards and sea kayaks. I am not sure if there was anything else. They also brought these ashore for people to use when we had the beach barbeque and many people did on that day. There was also the chance to try water ski-ing.

I assume the Wind Surf has a similar setup but perhaps someone who has been on that ship can confirm.

Just off the Wind Surf 1/09/16. Swim platform equipment included snorkel equipment (plenty, could check out for the week), several two person kayaks, a sailboard, a couple of paddleboards, one easy-to-sail 2 person Hobie, (the other Hobie was out of commission), one 2 person Laser (better performing) sailboat, the large trampoline and a couple of swim mats. Availability of these items seemed to be pretty good. UNFORTUNATELY the tow boat has been out of commission for the last 2 weeks (lift problem) so no water skiing, wakeboarding, or tubing. Personally, I felt that the ship could have rented a local boat for the few times conditions would have been favorable (Soper's, Prickly Pear). Overall, a great cruise, with this being the notable exception.

Do you have time to tell me what excursions, if any, you booked while on the cruise?

We're trying to decide whether to go out on our own (more work for us) or just book with Windstar (more$ but no work).

Were there any lame ones you heard of or any fantastic ones to go on.

Also, any ideas on what is a "must see or do" per stop?

Thanks so much!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello All from a Wind Surf Cruise!

We have just confirmed a cabin for the March 26th voyage. Wind Star is new to us, so we are looking for info on excursions and especially, snorkeling. We have snorkeled at the Baths, caves, indians and cistern- would love to do again, or can certainly try something new, too. I am not so keen on a large excursion with limited water time. Any suggestions? Anyone on this sailing with similar interests?

As this site no longer supports personal messages, I can be contacted at windsurfcruiser@gmail.com.

Looking forward to some info, and hopefully meeting fellow passengers!

• 3 weeks later...
Just off the Wind Surf 1/09/16. Swim platform equipment included snorkel equipment (plenty, could check out for the week), several two person kayaks, a sailboard, a couple of paddleboards, one easy-to-sail 2 person Hobie, (the other Hobie was out of commission), one 2 person Laser (better performing) sailboat, the large trampoline and a couple of swim mats. Availability of these items seemed to be pretty good. UNFORTUNATELY the tow boat has been out of commission for the last 2 weeks (lift problem) so no water skiing, wakeboarding, or tubing. Personally, I felt that the ship could have rented a local boat for the few times conditions would have been favorable (Soper's, Prickly Pear). Overall, a great cruise, with this being the notable exception.

We will be on Wind Surf in almost two weeks, so was very interested in this list. Since this will be our first Wind Surf, I was wondering if you could give details on how the system for he toys works. I gather there is a sign up sheet since these items are limited. If so, how far in advance do they take sign ups and what is the length of time you use something when it is your turn? If someone could give this newbie an idea of the procedure on how this works, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hello All from a Wind Surf Cruise!

We have just confirmed a cabin for the March 26th voyage. Wind Star is new to us, so we are looking for info on excursions and especially, snorkeling. We have snorkeled at the Baths, caves, indians and cistern- would love to do again, or can certainly try something new, too. I am not so keen on a large excursion with limited water time. Any suggestions? Anyone on this sailing with similar interests?

As this site no longer supports personal messages, I can be contacted at windsurfcruiser@gmail.com.

Looking forward to some info, and hopefully meeting fellow passengers!

This post has also been posted on the roll call for this cruise: Windsurf March 26.2016 Yachtsmans paradise