Copenhagen city tour

Has anyone booked the city tour/excursion through the cruiseline? Just wondering how it was and if it was just a sight seeing tour or did you stop get out of the bus? It also ends at the airport. Anyone with experience with this ?

We booked it for our departure day in June, so I can't comment on if it's any good or not. I think it had 1 review on NCL that said it was good. We mostly booked it to get a quick tour of the city and a drop at the airport. Hopefully someone will respond to this post. We also would like to know timing of the drop off at the airport. Our flight is at 2:30pm and NCL says the tour is for people with flights of 3pm or later. Based on other threads, I think we'll be ok with a 1pm drop off time.

I just booked this tour for my departure on Aug. 1st. My flight back is not until 7 pm, so I have a lot of time to kill.

There is one review on NCL about this shore excursion, and it says it is good.

We booked it for our departure day in June, so I can't comment on if it's any good or not. I think it had 1 review on NCL that said it was good. We mostly booked it to get a quick tour of the city and a drop at the airport. Hopefully someone will respond to this post. We also would like to know timing of the drop off at the airport. Our flight is at 2:30pm and NCL says the tour is for people with flights of 3pm or later. Based on other threads, I think we'll be ok with a 1pm drop off time.

That depends on where you are flying to, if its a flight into a EU member country (+Norway, Switzerland Iceland) you don't need to get though the passport control then you have lots of time.

If you are traveling to the UK or out of the EU you will have to get thought passport checks on the way to pier C.

And then I think 1,5 hour is cutting it a little bit close because you can risk lines from 5-20 minutes to check in your luggage, the same at security even though they have an agreement that 90 % of the passengers will be though in under 15 minutes there is still the 10 % :D

Then a 5-10 minute walk to from security to pier C.

Then immigration, passport check here can sometimes takes ages so lets say 5-15 minutes also here.

Plus that normally you should be at the play 15 minutes or so before departure.

So that 1,5 hour is then only 20 minutes or so and not much has to go wrong then.

I should add that I normally can get though the airport with under 1,hour to departure but that is for 3 reasons.

1) I check in on my mobile or computer or use the self service kiosk at the airport.

2) I mostly only have a cabin bag with me so waiting time at the luggage drop off.

3) I mostly fly to a European distination so no passport control.

A got tip if flying to London etc is to look at the airports departures schedule from home.

If there is some intercontinental flights departing at the same time then expect lines at the passport control because these big birds can carry from almost 300 to 450 passengers so imagine them in line in front of you. :D

They normally departs between 12 and 15.

That depends on where you are flying to, if its a flight into a EU member country (+Norway, Switzerland Iceland) you don't need to get though the passport control then you have lots of time.

We're going to Iceland for a couple of days after the cruise, so I think that puts us in the "lots of time" category. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure which cruise line you will be on, but we just got off the Regal Princess 5/2/15, due to expense of taxi and having to wait for Hotel check in we decided to do the tour with airport drop off. This was a great option, we were taken all over Copenhagen with several off the bus stops, we then went to Tivoli Gardens where we were given 2 hours on our own. We then proceed to the airport where luggage retrieval was easy and smooth they have free luggage carts. We were staying overnight but at the airport Hilton. As the train station is also attached to airport, we took the evening train to Malmö Sweden for a nice walk around town and dinner. The next day you wait in line for passport control, then you proceed to airport security, this line was painfully long. We had checked in the day before but it took us over 2 hours to clear security on a Sunday afternoon. We almost cut it too close because we had already checked in. Hope this helps, have a great trip.

Not sure which cruise line you will be on, but we just got off the Regal Princess 5/2/15, due to expense of taxi and having to wait for Hotel check in we decided to do the tour with airport drop off. This was a great option, we were taken all over Copenhagen with several off the bus stops, we then went to Tivoli Gardens where we were given 2 hours on our own. We then proceed to the airport where luggage retrieval was easy and smooth they have free luggage carts. We were staying overnight but at the airport Hilton. As the train station is also attached to airport, we took the evening train to Malmö Sweden for a nice walk around town and dinner. The next day you wait in line for passport control, then you proceed to airport security, this line was painfully long. We had checked in the day before but it took us over 2 hours to clear security on a Sunday afternoon. We almost cut it too close because we had already checked in. Hope this helps, have a great trip.

We will be on the Regal Princess but arriving in Cooenhagen two days early. Did you book your tour through Princess? Do you know if they would arrange something before the cruise?

We booked directly with Princess, it was under the excursion section in the personalizer. Not sure if it work as well on the reverse, however, a transfer to the ship from airport would work is staying at that Hilton.

I am debating whether to do this City of Copenhagen tour also but from NCL ship leaving at 9:35 am.. so you are saying you got to the airport by 1pm? we leave on a Friday , 2:30 pm flight to Iceland.

I do not follow what I have highlighted in red.. you did this the night before? or the day you were leaving?

Edited by ISLABONITA

We stayed an extra day, but it still worked for us. On our ship you had to have a flight leaving after 4:30pm to sign up for the tour.

For us we checked in the day before for our flight, had our boarding passes and luggage tags, but still took over 2 hours to clear passport control and security. The longest was security which was over 1.5 hours.

Also our tour left the ship at 8:00am, if you were leaving the same day as disembarkation with. 2:30pm flight, no way you could make it. After the tour, we had to go to an area in the parking garage to claim our luggage before going into the airport, which in itself was about a 20 minute process. Maybe if all you had was a carryon bag but the security lines were really long for us.

We stayed an extra day, but it still worked for us. On our ship you had to have a flight leaving after 4:30pm to sign up for the tour.

For us we checked in the day before for our flight, had our boarding passes and luggage tags, but still took over 2 hours to clear passport control and security. The longest was security which was over 1.5 hours.

Also our tour left the ship at 8:00am, if you were leaving the same day as disembarkation with. 2:30pm flight, no way you could make it. After the tour, we had to go to an area in the parking garage to claim our luggage before going into the airport, which in itself was about a 20 minute process. Maybe if all you had was a carryon bag but the security lines were really long for us.

Where were you headed though? US? as Danish Viking states no passport control if headed to Iceland .