Carnival "Beach Escape" Excursion

Fairway Cruiser

Does anyone know if the Carnival Excursion called the "Beach Escape" is on the Malecon? The description refers to the club as the "Beach Escape Club", but another place refers to it as the "Jungle Beach Club". It says it is in Mahahual, but does not refer to the "Malecon".

Also, in researching on this page, I see a place called the "Jungle Beach Club", and it says it is 20 minutes from the port. I thought the Malecon was much closer.

Can any recent Carnival Cruisers to Costa Maya shed any light on this? Help, please!

I thought the Carnival Beach excursions went north to Uvero Beach, especially if they mention snorkeling, open bar and a dock. I've heard that beach referred to as the "Jungle Beach Club", but not it's official name. "jungle" indicates the less developed area and it's closer to the large Sian Kaan nature preserve in the Yucatan. The travel time sounds about right. The malecon is only 5 minutes south. But some times the cruise ships have excursions and use Barefoot Beach, IIRC.

I thought the Carnival Beach excursions went north to Uvero Beach, especially if they mention snorkeling, open bar and a dock. I've heard that beach referred to as the "Jungle Beach Club", but not it's official name. "jungle" indicates the less developed area and it's closer to the large Sian Kaan nature preserve in the Yucatan. The travel time sounds about right. The malecon is only 5 minutes south. But some times the cruise ships have excursions and use Barefoot Beach, IIRC.

Reviews on TripAdvisor certainly say Uvero Beach (formerly Jungle Beach Bar). There are reviews from NCL and RCCL but a quick glance didn't show any Carnival; however I am sure Crew is right since I think it is owned by the port developers and probably used by all cruiselines?