Food preparation/cooking on board

waterlegs

Like many of you, I am trying to lose weight before my cruise in May. Forever losing and regaining but that's another story. I am following a plan and just wondering if anyone knows what ways food is prepared and cooked on the ships? Do they fry alot? Use oil? Butter in the vegetables etc? Are there any healthy choices?

• 2 weeks later...

That's great that you're trying to lose weight before the cruise. It's a never ending vicious cycle, as I am with you on the weight loss wagon. I do not know how all the food is prepped on cruises, but I typically go for healthy, fresh made foods, nothing fried. I do a fresh egg white veggie omelet for breakfast, something healthy for lunch, and dinner, I almost always have shrimp cocktail as an app and then something healthy for dinner.

I try not to stress too much about it because 1. I'm on vacation, 2. I go to the gym on the ship (yes, I workout on vacation) and 3. I know I can lose what I gained when I get home.

If you're really worried about it, I am sure you can select a certain type of dietary need when you book your cruise, or call the cruise line or your agent to have them notate any certain type of "diet" you're doing.