San Francisco / Muir Woods / golden gate

We are in port for 2 days. Looking for how to get to Muir Woods without a tour group. We've been there in a group and felt so rushed. Could we take a ferry near the cruiseport and then what ? Uber maybe ? We don't want to rent a car and know there is a famous run that will make the city crowded the second day. Also how to get to Golden Gate Bridge we would like to walk across it this time. Also what else could we do with Muir Woods day? We don't enjoy shopping. Thanks everyone :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you look around the board here, and on the West Coast Departures board, there are many threads related to your questions.

For Muir Woods, I would look into the ferry to Sausalito, then Golden Gate Transit to Muir Woods.

This thread is some more info on Muir Woods:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2387455

As to getting to the GGB, look here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2310518

Just look around a bit. There is tons of info here for you.

I like the Ferry idea to Sausalito but not sure how to get to Muir Woods and back to ferry. Looks like the grey line doesn't run on the weekends and we are there on a Saturday and Sunday. Any ideas ? Could we uber from the ferry and back ? Does anyone have a link for the ferry times ? Thx :)

• 1 month later...

On Muir transit there is this message - SCHEDULES: MUIR WOODS SHUTTLE: ROUTE 66 | 66F (Seasonal)

RIDER ALERT - The Muir Woods Shuttle will not begin service for the 2017 season until Hwy 1 has reopened. Caltrans' current estimate for reopening the roadway is May 1, 2017. Please check the Caltrans website for any updates at http://quickmap.dot.ca.gov. - this website has no updates. I saw online that Muir Woods has no internet service so a return uber would be unlikely to be able to be scheduled. Any other ideas ? Thx

I'm looking at booking the grey line muir woods and sausalito tour. It says book

the ferry back from sausalito to have more time in muir woods. Are there various pick up times from muir woods back to sausalito? Has anyone done this tour ?