Cruising with kids on spring break

B4May

Have you found one cruise line better than others in terms of the amount of college kids on a spring break cruise? We have cruised both Carnival and Norwegian on spring break and by far, Norwegian had more spring breakers and rowdier crowds, because of the free UBP promotion. We'd like to continue cruising on spring break because of school schedules but it was annoying enough this last trip to make us consider other times and taking my older son out of school. Carnival wasn't as bad, but I'm finding it to be more expensive than Norwegian, at least during spring break next year. I'd love to hear if anyone has had a better experience with another line!

Unless it's a 3-4 nighter, you will NOT have lone college aged kids onboard....they simply can't afford it! And, there are age limits to cruising without "adults"....

"Spring break" runs from the end of March to May....it's not just a 1 week thing. You will find more FAMILIES than lone college kids. I wouldn't worry about it.

Unless it's a 3-4 nighter, you will NOT have lone college aged kids onboard....they simply can't afford it! And, there are age limits to cruising without "adults"....

"Spring break" runs from the end of March to May....it's not just a 1 week thing. You will find more FAMILIES than lone college kids. I wouldn't worry about it.

Well this last week-long spring break Norwegian cruise we just went on had upwards of 250 college kids, maybe more. 4 to an inside room and all the free drinks you can handle makes it pretty darn affordable.

Which lines have those age limit rules? I assume "adult" means over 18 so that likely wouldn't help.

I'm wondering if we just need to avoid the month of March altogether, since that's when most colleges are out.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We really enjoy HAL and Princess with our kids. Not nearly as many "gimmicks" onboard, but you don't get the spring break college crowd either. Disney is our favorite, but if you think Carnival is expensive I wouldn't recommend pricing out a DCL cruise. ;0

We really enjoy HAL and Princess with our kids. Not nearly as many "gimmicks" onboard, but you don't get the spring break college crowd either. Disney is our favorite, but if you think Carnival is expensive I wouldn't recommend pricing out a DCL cruise. ;0

No kidding! We looked at a Disney Cruise for this year but I just couldn't stomach paying twice as much. [emoji38][emoji857]

Thanks, I will look into those other two.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just got off a Princess 15 night cruise. Only 35 kids from infant to 17 onboard. - it was lovely and my two twelve year olds were fine hanging out with me.

Ahhhhh, a 15 night cruise sounds amazing! It would be so fantastic if our spring breaks lasted that long here.

No kidding! We looked at a Disney Cruise for this year but I just couldn't stomach paying twice as much. [emoji38][emoji857]

Yeah, cost of DCL is crazy, especially during school break weeks. We were fortunate to get a decent rate on DCL for 2018, by booking the day the cruise came out and using a future cruise credit.

We just did a 10 day HAL cruise on the Koningsdam over our mid-winter break. There were only 60-70 kids onboard which was a perfect number. Enough to keep the kids busy in the kids club, but not so many to overrun the pools, etc.

Not sure when your spring break is, but HAL tends to leave the Caribbean fairly early (late March - early April) and move their ships to Europe.

Princess will have a slightly younger crowd and is a bit more family oriented - especially on a 7 day itinerary. Plus they are keeping a ship in the Caribbean over the summer in 2018 so if you have a later spring break Princess will still be an option. Our spring break is never until end of April so lots of ships have typically left the Caribbean by then.

I teach at a university, so I have cruised during our spring break several times. Twice was on Princess, and I think it is a good choice. Once was on NCL and we had a great time and found quiet places, but definitely more college kids there (including 2 of my students...)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm having this same issue. Want to do a march cruise with my kids but don't want the college spring break crowd.

I've decided to avoid carnival and NCL. I was looking at celebrity but my daughter now says she wants a water slide.

What do you guys think of the MSC? Are they likely to have a large college/young adult crowd? The new ship looks amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app