Photo package on Dream

Does anyone know if they do a photo package and how much it is? We're joining the Dream on 22ND September and would be interested to know the price and if they're any good.

Thanks in advance. X

🎶 🎶 I'm so excited..... and I just can't hide it... 🎶 🎶

They did in the past, never used it but it was good value from what I can recall you received all the photos that they shot that's all the poc and photos around the ship. Think it was over £100 but if its a special occasion or first cruise its a nice momento. We are on her on the 27th April so will try to find out for you, that's if I remember!!

Sent from my VF-895N using Forums mobile app

They did in the past, never used it but it was good value from what I can recall you received all the photos that they shot that's all the poc and photos around the ship. Think it was over £100 but if its a special occasion or first cruise its a nice momento. We are on her on the 27th April so will try to find out for you, that's if I remember!!

Sent from my VF-895N using Forums mobile app

Thank you I would really appreciate that.

I hope you have a wonderful cruise. X

Be careful what you agree to.

We have just returned from Discovery, where we had a Blessing on Board, which was fantastic, very professionally done by the Social Hostess and the Captain. It did however include one portrait photograph so the Memories Photo Gallery photographers turned up and took several pictures. The ceremony was on the bridge and then we were taken to other locations around the ship for further photographs. Another photographer was also taking a video which confused us a bit, because we weren't expecting it. Overall that took about 12-15 minutes. After that we met the Social Hostess again and she took us to Bar Eleven for bubbly and canapes, and the photographers went away.

Memories Gallery contacted us to meet them and took us to their studio where they showed us the video of about 8 minutes, which was quite good but not exceptional, and a lot of photographs.

We could only have a package of the video plus 5 photos for £399, video plus more photos for £599, video plus all photos for £799. No mention of the one photo which was included in the Blessings package. We could not buy any other photo outside the package. They got quite unpleasant when we opted just for the one we had expected, which went very well with the excellent certificate of renewal of vows.

We collected that photograph from them and they were quite objectionable, but we were happy.

I later discovered they had debited my account with £399 without my authority. I made a complaint and had to go back to the gallery for them to refund the money, which they did, reluctantly.

I think they are the same company operating on all Thomson ships, and are obviously independent of Thomson, which is why I had to go back to them to get the refund rather than via Reception.

So if you do use them for a package which you specify get a price in advance.

Edited by jake 26
Typo

Does anyone know if they do a photo package and how much it is? We're joining the Dream on 22ND September and would be interested to know the price and if they're any good.

Thanks in advance. X

We are on the dream next week 27th April flying to malaga ending at corfu so will let you know .Been on the other Thomson ships and they all had them. Did you enjoy your caribbean cruise on Brittania in november ??

We are on the dream next week 27th April flying to malaga ending at corfu so will let you know .Been on the other Thomson ships and they all had them. Did you enjoy your caribbean cruise on Brittania in november ??

They have just altered our flight time from Corfu by four hours😣 not that I should be concerned about returning but it would have been nice if they had informed us that we were losing part of our holiday😎

Sent from my b1-720 using Forums mobile app

The Britannia Cruise was the best holiday I've ever had. I hope to return on her next year. I've seen the prices for Thomson on next year's prices and Britannia is by far better priced.

Loved the ship.. She was gorgeous.

We were on the Celebration in January and got a deal of every photo taken over the 2 weeks for £199. We ended up going home with over 100 photos, excellent deal will try again on the Spirit in July

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Forums mobile app

That sounds like the deal I can recall😉

The Britannia Cruise was the best holiday I've ever had. I hope to return on her next year. I've seen the prices for Thomson on next year's prices and Britannia is by far better priced.

Loved the ship.. She was gorgeous.

Sent from my b1-720 using Forums mobile app

Be careful what you agree to.

We have just returned from Discovery, where we had a Blessing on Board, which was fantastic, very professionally done by the Social Hostess and the Captain. It did however include one portrait photograph so the Memories Photo Gallery photographers turned up and took several pictures. The ceremony was on the bridge and then we were taken to other locations around the ship for further photographs. Another photographer was also taking a video which confused us a bit, because we weren't expecting it. Overall that took about 12-15 minutes. After that we met the Social Hostess again and she took us to Bar Eleven for bubbly and canapes, and the photographers went away.

Memories Gallery contacted us to meet them and took us to their studio where they showed us the video of about 8 minutes, which was quite good but not exceptional, and a lot of photographs.

We could only have a package of the video plus 5 photos for £399, video plus more photos for £599, video plus all photos for £799. No mention of the one photo which was included in the Blessings package. We could not buy any other photo outside the package. They got quite unpleasant when we opted just for the one we had expected, which went very well with the excellent certificate of renewal of vows.

We collected that photograph from them and they were quite objectionable, but we were happy.

I later discovered they had debited my account with £399 without my authority. I made a complaint and had to go back to the gallery for them to refund the money, which they did, reluctantly.

I think they are the same company operating on all Thomson ships, and are obviously independent of Thomson, which is why I had to go back to them to get the refund rather than via Reception.

So if you do use them for a package which you specify get a price in advance.

We had a similar experience with the photographer... the price was nearly as much as a holiday. So we said NO!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We had a similar experience with the photographer... the price was nearly as much as a holiday. So we said NO!

They were quite slippery characters.

Although she didn't say anything We got the distinct impression that the social hostess did not approve of their modus operandi at all.

It's put us off ship's photographers for good.

Edited by jake 26
Typo

• 2 weeks later...

The photographs are expensive and some get set in an Autumn woodland !!! I'm not suare what that's all about. Having said that we had some seascape pictures taken as we got engaged paid £135 for 5 pics on a disc. They were very good and it was a one off to get the moment captured.

I think they could cut costs considerably if they didn't print them all !! have them on a screen accessed by cabin number choose what you want and get them printed. I've suggested this on the feedback email. Doubt it'll change though.

I think they could cut costs considerably if they didn't print them all !! have them on a screen accessed by cabin number choose what you want and get them printed. I've suggested this on the feedback email. Doubt it'll change though.

That's how it works on Discovery!

When we were on Majesty they had the screens and printed photos on display!

Sent from my iPad using Forums