Help please. Southampton sailing

Considering a cruise 2018 sailing from Southampton. I'm finding the Thomson website very difficult to use, can't call up any Southampton sailings for next year and no phone number to call for help. Very little information on anything really.

Also looking on forums it looks as though we would have to pay for car parking and can't choose cabin without paying extra; why would I pay a deposit and then not be able to get the cabin that I wanted?

Do cabins have tea making facilities and are there free laundries on board and shuttle buses at ports?

Considering a cruise 2018 sailing from Southampton. I'm finding the Thomson website very difficult to use, can't call up any Southampton sailings for next year and no phone number to call for help. Very little information on anything really.

Also looking on forums it looks as though we would have to pay for car parking and can't choose cabin without paying extra; why would I pay a deposit and then not be able to get the cabin that I wanted?

Do cabins have tea making facilities and are there free laundries on board and shuttle buses at ports?

Hi silver surfer Ref parking Southampton, i think the tui discovery will be docking City Cruise terminal 101 berth , its parking is run by ABP and can be very expensive but you are parked on the quay next to the terminal. number 2 meet and greet in short stay car park leave your key,s your car will be returned to were you dropped it off when discovery return,s number 3 is what i do park and ride 20 min,s away at Marchwood run you in by Mini bus . Have been on Discovery my self and also booked for feb 2018 she is a lovely ship i hope this help,s

It seems that the website is not up to date for UK sailings in 2018.

I suggest you call the bookings and general enquiries line on 0203 4512725.

I got it quite easy jake there are four cruises from So,ton just type in thomson cruises from southampton

Yes, four Discovery cruises from Southampton in September listed on the website.

Use these search details:

Where from - Any UK airport/port

Where to - 2 selections - Fjords etc - northern Europe etc

When - Sept 2018

Duration - 8 to 14 nights

Thomson cabins are sold by category and deck in a similar way to saver fares on P&O. Your cabin number is allocated by the company. You can pay the fee (£45?) to reserve a specific cabin. note this fee is for the cabin not by person. I have found this can turn out to be a cheaper option than having to book a select fare on P&O and pay full price per person.

Yes, tea making facilities in the cabin

No free laundry

Yes, shuttle buses where needed