Crown Princess - children advice

clairele

It's our first time travelling on Crown Princess with our 16 month old son. My husband and I are platinum members but have never cruised with a baby or child before.

My question is can you hire a cot for the cruise? If so, how do you do the in the cruise personaliser?

Next question- do they do the group babysitting for children under 3?

We can't wait to get on board and introduce our son to cruising - he will love it. We have booked a mini-suite as well so even better!

Your travel agent can request a cot but they'll see you are traveling with an infant and most likely just put one in your room. If not, you cabin attendant will get you one. I don't believe they do offer any group baby sitting for under 3s.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm sorry - if you want a nursery, you are limited to Disney, newer/some refurbished RC ships and the Norwegian Escape. At 2, Cunard and Carnival will allow children to attend their free kids club programs. Princess used to allow children under the age of 3 to visit the kids club with parental supervision, but they have revamped their kids club program and that feature is no longer on their kids club website (which doesn't necessarily mean it has ended, but I honestly have no idea if they will currently allow a child under 3 into their kids club with parental supervision). My son sailed on Princess at 2, and it was nice to bring him to the kids club because the staff took great care of him. It wasn't a complete break, and so we waited until our youngest was 2 and are sailing Cunard next month so we will be able to use a kids club.

Princess can provide a pack and play for your room for free; just request it ahead of time so they make sure they have enough on the ship.

4 years ago, they also would provide baby food if you filled out a form. You might want to call them to see if this is still the case. If not, go to the buffet for breakfast and get some cereal and yogurt to keep in the cabin in case your kids get hungry so you don't need to go back to the buffet for food all the time. Small sealed cereal boxes are great for bringing on excursions, and I'd give them to my son when he got whiny on trips.

Room service can bring you warm milk at bedtime if you order it.

Also, I do not believe any of the Princess pools can be used by children in diapers (including swim ones)

The couch in mini suites makes into a bed. Not sure if you want a 16 month in this or not but that would be better than a cot in the room. Many people get the play and pack and put it in the closet which ironically, fits very well and is private.

From what I understand - your 16 month old can use the children's facilities if you are present. That is the extent for those under 3. Not much is provided.