Kids club question

Jaimel134

Hello,

Does anyone know how strict P&O are with kids club and ages?

I have two boys, one will be 3 and one just turned 5 when we cruise and I would have preferred to put them in the same kids year group. I know the age is 2-4 then 5-8.

Many thanks

The age limits are pretty much as indicated with children going into the relevant age group. However, sometimes disproportionate number of children are booked into one age group with hardly any in the next older age group. In those circumstances the club "moves the goalposts" and amalgamates groups or shift the cut off age to even out numbers.

You can always ask on board and in these cases moving the older one down is more likely than the reverse. Success is likely to be hit and miss and a decision can only be made by staff on board.

Passengers booked in on a cruise can normally get demographic breakdown of numbers of boys and girls in each age group booked in on the cruise prior to sailing by phoning Southampton. This guide is most accurate near to sail date for obvious reasons.

Personally I think they should be happy buddying up with different clans in the different groups.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

I have read somewhere else very recently that they are actually quite strict on children going in to the correct age group and that it is not possible to move children up or down age groups. No idea why. If they amalgamate two groups then that is obviously a company decision.

Hello,

Does anyone know how strict P&O are with kids club and ages?

I have two boys, one will be 3 and one just turned 5 when we cruise and I would have preferred to put them in the same kids year group. I know the age is 2-4 then 5-8.

Many thanks

john watson has pretty much said it all, but if you are sailing in school holiday time then the age ranges are likely to be quite full across all and probably little chance to move. The staff will consider it if there aren't many children on a cruise, but it is unlikely otherwise. I know because I tried once, but the numbers were too great. They do sometimes amalgamate groups anyway for activities, although I think that is more the older age range. Please be reassured though that the staff are fantastic and the activities very age appropriate and fun. I don't know of a child who has attended the club and not loved it - the problem is usually dragging them away!