House Spirits

Jakanne1

Hi everybody First time on board Fred Olsen and wanted to enquire from any of you more seasoned Olsen cruisers a question regarding the AI drinks package.

I understand that we get "local spirits" included in the package but my wife prefers Gordons Gin. I also understand I will be able to purchase this with a 50% discount as I have the AI package. But my question is is it possible to pay and upgrade to the premium package so avoiding having to pay the 50% rate.

Thanks in anticipation.

Regards.

Paul

Just the one package. Certain drinks free and the rest 50% off.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

We had the £10 all in package on Braemar last month, and in our Daily Times we got on the day we boarded there was the following:

All inclusive drinks package.

Fred Olsen cruises are always great value, and so much included in the price. Now you can add more value to your holiday with our All Inclusive Drinks package. For just £20pppn you can enjoy unlimited selected drinks in any of our bars or restaurants*. Bookings must be made within the first 48hrs of the cruise via the reception desk. *Conditions apply.

We were happy staying with the £10 so cannot give any further info. Was going to ask if they would deduct the £10 already paid, because if not it would be £30 pppn, rather a lot.

Gill.

Edited by gillhalfpint

The package you mention I believe is the same as the £10 one but the price doubles if booked on board.

That's what I think too.

We thought about buying the AI package for our last cruise, but we travel with our daughter and there is no child rate for AI so it wouldn't have been cost-effective for us.

We've had AI previously (as an early booking incentive) and found the house spirits to be perfectly acceptable, especially as we drink them with mixers.

Edited by Maianthemum

The package you mention I believe is the same as the £10 one but the price doubles if booked on board.

Yes, you're correct Cruising Nomads.

To Paul

We holidayed with 'seasoned' Gin drinkers who also enjoy a lot of very premium Gins & the did not feel that it was necessary to upgrade to any premium Gin on offer; they were quite happy with the house gin.

Sorry about that, it was our first Fred cruise, and I assumed it was extra to what we had already paid.

We were happy enough with the house spirits we had. I have pineapple in my vodka and my husband has ginger in his whisky. At first we had them served in half pint glasses, which meant you couldn't tell there was any spirit there at all, but ask for your drink 50/50 or with a splash of the mixer worked great.

Edited by gillhalfpint

At first we had them served in half pint glasses, which meant you couldn't tell there was any spirit there at all, but ask for your drink 50/50 or with a splash of the mixer worked great.

They are perfectly willing to serve doubles for the spirits as well if you prefer...

Another point to note, they have an included 'brandy' but no other alcoholic after-dinner drinks are on the inclusive list, nor for that matter is a sherry included.

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry I don't know anything about a premium package but just wanted to say I am use to Gordons Gin but found the G & T to be perfectly acceptable.

Just back from Boudicca and my husband also found the house G&T perfectly acceptable. The waiters actually asked if he wanted a double. I drank the vodka and the brandy with diet Pepsi served separately in a small carafe so that I could mix my own.

Edited by Jakanne1

Hi Ron. Ray chose this cruise as he wanted to revisit some of his old haunts in the Baltic plus visit St Petersburg.

It will be interesting to try another cruise line plus we sail from Newcastle port which is close by rather than travel to the south coast.

Have a brilliant cruise on Eclipse. I've still got some of those sea sickness tablets left. ;). I might need them this cruise as the North Sea looks a bit rough on Monday. :eek:

Hi Jackie, fab cruise on Eclipse, Mrs S2B only needed tabs once, FREE from guest services!

Could anyone please tell me if Malibu would be included, or the equivalent, also sparkling wine ?

Thanks

You would get Malibu at half price though.

The spirits included are house vodka, gin, white rum, whisky & brandy. We had Cava recentky on the Balmoral & the Black Watch.

• 2 weeks later...
You would get Malibu at half price though.

The spirits included are house vodka, gin, white rum, whisky & brandy. We had Cava recentky on the Balmoral & the Black Watch.

I only paid £14.50 for the package so will be getting my monies worth on soft drinks and half price Malibu and cocktails so I'm happy :)