Celebrity, Silhouette, November 1, 2014 - Transatlantic

torjen

Couldn't find a G & L roll call for this TA voyage in 2014 - my partner and I will be travelling AC for the first time - this will be our third TA and we are looking forward to meet many interesting people on this crossing. Let's see who else will book this cruise. Greetings from Berlin, Germany

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys, I haven't booked this one yet, but am hoping to be on board. I just did the TA on Reflection Nov 1-16th, and loved every moment. Met many nice guys. Just have to convince my two friends to book this one now ;)

Never to early to start the conversation!!

Russell in Vancouver

Hi guys, my spouse (Eileen) and I will be on this crossing as well. It will be our third TA; we just got off our second (on the Celebrity Infinity) a few weeks ago. We love going westbound and gaining all those hours! And we are very excited by the "mini-Med" itinerary to start things off. We will be flying into Rome a few days early.

There's a very active Roll Call going on over in the Celebrity Roll Calls forum that I would also encourage you to join.

I look forward to our discussions here and to meeting you on board.

Judith

welcome to the group!!!

Do you have the link for the active roll call for the non G&L group?

I have also created a Facebook group - I know I must not advertise this here...

ask me for the link the group number is /1414200935468651/

Russell... Basically fresh off of a vessel. Cool. We have done 2 TAs before and loved both. Hope third time's a charm. Did you have a large martini bar crowd? ;-)

The Martini Bar, which my friends and I loved, was packed every evening from 5-7 with all the Captains Club crowd, but it quickly cleared out after 7. It was quieter after that as everyone was either at dinner or the show. I/we did not attend the nightly FOD (well we did go to the first one), but we did meet many great guys who did frequent the MB in the early evening as well. :)

Hi Guys, I haven't booked this one yet, but am hoping to be on board. I just did the TA on Reflection Nov 1-16th, and loved every moment. Met many nice guys. Just have to convince my two friends to book this one now ;)

Never to early to start the conversation!!

Russell in Vancouver

Booked! All 3 of us :D

C2 awesome. That's what we got the last two cruises. This time we are spoiling ourselves in an AQ cabin 1575 not sure if this is deck 11,12 or 14 ;-)

I was in a Celebrity Suite on Reflection (1233) last month, and an Owners Suite on Adventure of the Seas in '12. This is my first CC cabin. I decided to be more sensible for once :p

Ha,... that is something nice to say - a Suite is always an amazing experience - but is it worth the money?

I am sure you will let us know in November...

I was in a Celebrity Suite on Reflection (1233) last month, and an Owners Suite on Adventure of the Seas in '12. This is my first CC cabin. I decided to be more sensible for once :p

Turtles06 - yes we would love to spend some time in Rome before the departure - but since the cruise leaves on a Saturday we won't have the time, as we want to spend five nights in Florida after the cruise...

But if you have a few days available Rome is amazing... Mind you that the transfer from Rome to the Port can take up to 90 minutes. :) it is quite a long trip... Pre-book a transfer bus - it's very convienient!

Hey guys, are you spending any time in Italy pre-cruise? Torjen, I know it's a bit closer for you than for the rest of us, so maybe no big deal. :)

Turtles06 - yes we would love to spend some time in Rome before the departure - but since the cruise leaves on a Saturday we won't have the time, as we want to spend five nights in Florida after the cruise...

But if you have a few days available Rome is amazing... Mind you that the transfer from Rome to the Port can take up to 90 minutes. :) it is quite a long trip... Pre-book a transfer bus - it's very convienient!

You are in the opposite situation we are in -- we are coming from the US and want to spend some time in Europe (so of course that is pre-cruise).

Thanks very much for the advice about the Rome to port transfer. We actually did the reverse several years ago (a day in Rome on a Med cruise), so we know it's a good distance. It turns out that there are a whole bunch of folks on our Roll Call staying at the same hotel in Rome before the cruise, and we've already hooked up with some of them and booked a private transfer to the port with Romeinlimo. (I love Cruise Critic for making these sorts of things possible.)

Eileen has only been to Rome once (the day on our Med cruise), and I was there decades ago, so we are really looking forward to spending a few days there pre-cruise. Lots of planning to do! :)

Ha,... that is something nice to say - a Suite is always an amazing experience - but is it worth the money?

I am sure you will let us know in November...

Yes! I will indeed. And I can actually top that now, as I have booked an 8 night LA to Vancouver in May on Celebrity Century...in an inside cabin! Crucon.com has a great deal for 2 people in a cabin that includes taxes, gratuities and drinks package ( my 2 friends booked it ), but for me it was about $4.5K, which I would not pay for a coastal cruise to my home city. But because I really wanted to join my friends, I thought OK, now is the time to have the inside cabin experience. Fun!!

Ah,... sounds as if you are very well prepared already. I have not really started to think too much about the cruise and the options that we have in the ports that we will call upon - I am sure there will be many options again...

And yes Cruise Critic and the Facebook pages these days make a lot of things easier then before...

Smiles from Berlin

Torsten

You are in the opposite situation we are in -- we are coming from the US and want to spend some time in Europe (so of course that is pre-cruise).

Thanks very much for the advice about the Rome to port transfer. We actually did the reverse several years ago (a day in Rome on a Med cruise), so we know it's a good distance. It turns out that there are a whole bunch of folks on our Roll Call staying at the same hotel in Rome before the cruise, and we've already hooked up with some of them and booked a private transfer to the port with Romeinlimo. (I love Cruise Critic for making these sorts of things possible.)

Eileen has only been to Rome once (the day on our Med cruise), and I was there decades ago, so we are really looking forward to spending a few days there pre-cruise. Lots of planning to do! :)

I guess an inside cabin is OK if you have many ports to visit and really only sleep in the cabin - I would not be able to do that for a TA... :)

So you are originally from YVR ? Cool - a place that I have yet to visit !!!

Have a wonderful weekend.

Torsten

Yes! I will indeed. And I can actually top that now, as I have booked an 8 night LA to Vancouver in May on Celebrity Century...in an inside cabin! Crucon.com has a great deal for 2 people in a cabin that includes taxes, gratuities and drinks package ( my 2 friends booked it ), but for me it was about $4.5K, which I would not pay for a coastal cruise to my home city. But because I really wanted to join my friends, I thought OK, now is the time to have the inside cabin experience. Fun!!

I guess an inside cabin is OK if you have many ports to visit and really only sleep in the cabin - I would not be able to do that for a TA... :)

So you are originally from YVR ? Cool - a place that I have yet to visit !!!

Have a wonderful weekend.

Torsten

No! That would be dreadful! I am slightly 'nervous' about it, i.e. claustrophobia?? But I should have the experience once I suppose, and as it's just up the coast, I think I will be able to handle it:o

Yes, I've lived in Vancouver for 34 years next month, born and raised in Toronto. But I've lived here longer than there now, so this is home. Lovely city, gorgeous setting!

Ah - I see from Toronto originally - I have been in Toronto in 2005 - very nice city - awesome "melting pot" - never been to Vancouver but that is still on my to-do list...

Well it is Christmas Eve in Germany - and traditionally we celebrate Christmas on Christmas Eve - so have a wonderful Christmas and don't overeat...

Hugs from Berlin

Torsten

No! That would be dreadful! I am slightly 'nervous' about it, i.e. claustrophobia?? But I should have the experience once I suppose, and as it's just up the coast, I think I will be able to handle it:o

Yes, I've lived in Vancouver for 34 years next month, born and raised in Toronto. But I've lived here longer than there now, so this is home. Lovely city, gorgeous setting!

Ah - I see from Toronto originally - I have been in Toronto in 2005 - very nice city - awesome "melting pot" - never been to Vancouver but that is still on my to-do list...

Well it is Christmas Eve in Germany - and traditionally we celebrate Christmas on Christmas Eve - so have a wonderful Christmas and don't overeat...

Hugs from Berlin

Torsten

Happy Xmas guys :)