Celebrity, Silhouette, November 1, 2014 - Transatlantic

torjen

Happy New Year and Smooth Sailing 2014!

We are Dan and Ken and will be celebrating 25 years together on this cruise. We are from beautiful Carroll County, Maryland, US. We are splurging and getting a Aqua Suite. There is an active Connections Roll Call going on and a Facebook page about this cruise. We will be in Italy 10 days prior to the cruise.

Dan aka Scubadogbones

and

Ken aka Korianto

Looking forward to those champagne toasts!

Hi all,

We're John and Phil from Palm Springs. This will be our first Celebrity cruise and our first TA. Saw the silhouette in the bay at Grand Cayman last February - instant ship envy! Snagged an aft balcony on deck 10.

We've been to Vancouver several times. Phil has family in Pt. Townsend WA. Love it except for driving! Our friend and T.A. Carol lives in North Van. She was on our Caribbean trip last February and suggested this TA. We had originally thought about a river cruise in Europe.

If any of you are coming to PS, let us know. As far as we're concerned it's the gay capital of the world and a great place to live.

John and Phil

welcome to the group!!!

Do you have the link for the active roll call for the non G&L group?

I have also created a Facebook group - I know I must not advertise this here...

ask me for the link the group number is /1414200935468651/

Can you email me the FB link, please. Johncaster at dc dot rr dot com

I'm afraid FB defeats me at times. If they have a shipboard class on it I'm signing up!

Hi Dan and Ken, John and Phil,

Hope you all had a great xmas :) I will have to nudge my two friends Jonathan and Randy to get on board now, as they are also doing this cruise. I guess we can 'officially' get excited in 2 days, when we enter 2014, haha. The 3 of us did the Reflection TA this past November ( same dates), and it was wonderful. I'm really looking forward to another ocean crossing!

Welcome, Dan and Ken, and John and Phil!

Dan and Ken -- what a great way to celebrate 25 years; 10 days in Italy and a sail back across the pond! :) Congratulations!

John and Phil -- this will be our third TA and our third cruise with Celebrity. Our first TA was on the Eclipse, another S-class ship. A stunning ship, and I'm expecting no less from the Silhouette.

Happy New Year to all.

Eileen and I look forward to meeting everyone.

Judith

welcome to the G & L Roll Call... I also have a FB page which can be found :)

Happy 2014 and ten months from today the ship will say!

25 years together? That is amazing. Jens and I have been together for 17 years - we will also be in Aqua - but not in a Suite... :)

Smiles from Germany - where the new year already began two hours ago.

T

Happy New Year and Smooth Sailing 2014!

We are Dan and Ken and will be celebrating 25 years together on this cruise. We are from beautiful Carroll County, Maryland, US. We are splurging and getting a Aqua Suite. There is an active Connections Roll Call going on and a Facebook page about this cruise. We will be in Italy 10 days prior to the cruise.

Dan aka Scubadogbones

and

Ken aka Korianto

Looking forward to those champagne toasts!

Welcome to the G&L roll call. :)

I shall email you the link in a few moments.

I believe a TA is much nicer than a River Cruise in Europe even if we have many many sea days - but those can be filled with playing games on the decks and so many lectures and movies and many other activities.

Happy New Year from Berlin

Torsten

Hi all,

We're John and Phil from Palm Springs. This will be our first Celebrity cruise and our first TA. Saw the silhouette in the bay at Grand Cayman last February - instant ship envy! Snagged an aft balcony on deck 10.

We've been to Vancouver several times. Phil has family in Pt. Townsend WA. Love it except for driving! Our friend and T.A. Carol lives in North Van. She was on our Caribbean trip last February and suggested this TA. We had originally thought about a river cruise in Europe.

If any of you are coming to PS, let us know. As far as we're concerned it's the gay capital of the world and a great place to live.

John and Phil

welcome to the G & L Roll Call... I also have a FB page which can be found :)

Happy 2014 and ten months from today the ship will say!

25 years together? That is amazing. Jens and I have been together for 17 years - we will also be in Aqua - but not in a Suite... :)

Smiles from Germany - where the new year already began two hours ago.

T

And they say gay relationships don't last. Phil and I will be together 18 years next August.

Lets plan a big party for K&D's 25th and also toast everyone else's long terms.

Happy New Year to all.

John

And they say gay relationships don't last. Phil and I will be together 18 years next August.

Lets plan a big party for K&D's 25th and also toast everyone else's long terms.

Happy New Year to all.

John

Happy New Year to ALL! Thank you for the link and invite to the Facebook Page. When I was stationed in Erlangen, Germany in the 1970's, I remember the New Year celebration was HUGE! Lots of parties and celebrations and fire works in the crisp cool air! Though the base is long gone now and nicer things are there, it's amazing how I can look at it with a bird's eye view from many thousands of miles away :)

May we all have smooth sailing in 2014 and many toasts to our commitments to each other!

Dan

WOW! 36 years - now that is amazing. :)

Agreed! For Eileen and me, it will be 36 years by the time of this trip. :)

"Only" 10 months from today till sail away.

Happy New Year, everyone!

Hi everyone!

Starting to look like a fun group.

I have booked this cruise as a surprise 40th birthday gift for my partner, who doesn't have a clue that I have…….so shhhhhhhh! (If I can pull off keeping it secret until his birthday in July, it will be a miracle. Have to really try, though…so will not post names just yet….LOL!)

We are two professional guys from Toronto, 39 and 54. We are really fun, both have great senses of humour, enjoy good food and wine, and really enjoy meeting new people.

We have been together 11+ years.

Very much looking forward to this cruise. Have done others on Celebrity before, but this will be our first TA. Always wanted to do one, and this itinerary looks great.

Very pleased that we are shaping up to be a really great group! Looking forward to meeting everyone and to staying in touch pre-cruise.

Great to meet you (virtually), John and Phil. Sounds like you have some good stories :)

We were in Palm Springs in October. First visit there. Absolutely fell in love with the city. Can't imagine a nicer place to live. Wonderful people, great restos, stunningly beautiful and the weather….WOW! You are lucky guys. We'll definitely be back!

Thanks for the friendly welcome!

Cheers,

Scott (and Jan….what the hell, if he sees this he sees it. I know he is not much of a CC type, though, so fingers crossed!)

Oops didn't mean to send such a short welcome.

Fingers crossed that you manage to keep this a secret ... So I won't invite you to join the Facebook group just yet.

From experience I can say that TAs are a lot of fun and that the groups are usually awesome. I am still I touch with most of the people that I met on cruise one and cruise two.

What cabin group did you choose for his birthday? A suite? (-:

Welcome to the group and happy chatting until departure day Nov 1, 2014

atamajen.jpg

Torsten from Berlin

Hi Scott (and Jan)

We've lived in Palm Springs since 2002 and absolutely love it. Wouldn't want to live anywhere else. If you like to lay by the pool, summer is perfect. Let us know when you're coming back!

Great to meet you (virtually), John and Phil. Sounds like you have some good stories :)

We were in Palm Springs in October. First visit there. Absolutely fell in love with the city. Can't imagine a nicer place to live. Wonderful people, great restos, stunningly beautiful and the weather….WOW! You are lucky guys. We'll definitely be back!

Thanks for the friendly welcome!

Cheers,

Scott (and Jan….what the hell, if he sees this he sees it. I know he is not much of a CC type, though, so fingers crossed!)

Oops didn't mean to send such a short welcome.

Fingers crossed that you manage to keep this a secret ... So I won't invite you to join the Facebook group just yet.

From experience I can say that TAs are a lot of fun and that the groups are usually awesome. I am still I touch with most of the people that I met on cruise one and cruise two.

What cabin group did you choose for his birthday? A suite? (-:

Welcome to the group and happy chatting until departure day Nov 1, 2014

atamajen.jpg

Torsten from Berlin

Hi Torsten:

Great to meet you. Thanks for the warm welcome! Yes, probably best not to join the Facebook group just yet. Too bad!

No, did not go for a suite. Just a very nice verandah on the hump with one of the hugest balconies, one of the sweet 16. We always try to snag one of these and managed to for this cruise. Suite would be GREAT, but I think we'd rather spend the extra $s on some good wine :)

Plus, we are going to spend a few days in Venice pre-cruise, and are flying over from Canada first-class. Seemed a better way to go!

What about you? What did you end up booking?

I've heard that TAs are REALLY fun, so really looking forward to it. LOVE meeting new fun people--a lot--and we also really like sea days….so this will be perfect!

Best,

Scott

Hi Scott (and Jan)

We've lived in Palm Springs since 2002 and absolutely love it. Wouldn't want to live anywhere else. If you like to lay by the pool, summer is perfect. Let us know when you're coming back!

Can't wait to come back to PS. It is the BEST! Unfortunately, we are unlikely to be back before this cruise. We are doing a two-week in the Caribbean in February (can't wait to get out of this deep freeze!) and then have some family from Europe joining us at our cottage, north of Toronto, in the summer. Then there is that work thing….UGH!

So probably our holiday time is going to be pretty filled up for this year…unless of course we win the lotto…in which case we'll be there buying a house in the blink of an eye!

Cheers,

S

Edited by TorontoSailor