Question on Tendering

doowopbob

We are considering a cruise on Seabourn now that they have amended their smoking policy. The cruise we are considering involves tendering in 7 of 13 ports. How much of a hassle is it? How long does it generally take? Really hate having to wait in long lines for anything.

We find it no hassle at all, normally you dont have to wait too long. If you miss a tender then yes you will have to wait but normally no more than say 15 minutes.

Regards how long it takes again depends on which port you are going to, if the shore is further then it will take longer, but normally say 15 minutes.

I have found the tendering service to be very efficient. Rarely a queue, they tend to run at least two one going out and one going back and tender journeys range from 5 to 15 mins. Whilst I like docking, you often have to catch a bus into town whereas the tenders drop you off right in the middle. My beloved took his mountain bike so we usually had to wait for the morning 'rush'to finish but he was always on the tender before 9am. Whilst you are waiting to come back there are chairs in the shade, iced water and juice and chilled towels so all very civilised :)

Unless you have very serious mobility issues or a very large and inefficient ship, tendering shouldn't be a concern. I've not experienced a problem while tendering on several cruise ships, including Odyssey earlier this year. (I usually use a cane) Weather can be a factor. Once we did have a delay on a smaller ship when they had to move the boarding area from one side of the ship to the other. Even then, the delay was only half an hour or so. I kinda enjoy a feeling of anticipation when the tender is cruising into port, and I enjoy returning and seeing the ship loom larger and larger as we get closer. LittleRedJohn.