Child Boarding Permissions

I feel silly asking this question, but I've never had the situation arise before.

We're cruising with our 2.5 year old in a few weeks. My dad and his wife are coming along as well. We have an overnight in San Francisco. My dad offered to take our DS back on the ship and watch him that night while DH and I go on a night tour. Other than the SeaPass would my dad need any proof that he is allowed to bring him back on the ship without us?

We've cruised many times, and our son has as well. We've just never had the situation where someone other than us brings him back to the ship.

My understanding is that kids need an adult to get OFF the ship (I just had this happen last week with a bunch of almost 18 year olds) but they can reboard on their own (or in the case of your little guy, with grandma and grandpa).

Shouldn't be a problem. Enjoy your evening out and kiss those grands for giving you a bit of "you" time.

I feel silly asking this question, but I've never had the situation arise before.

We're cruising with our 2.5 year old in a few weeks. My dad and his wife are coming along as well. We have an overnight in San Francisco. My dad offered to take our DS back on the ship and watch him that night while DH and I go on a night tour. Other than the SeaPass would my dad need any proof that he is allowed to bring him back on the ship without us?

We've cruised many times, and our son has as well. We've just never had the situation where someone other than us brings him back to the ship.

All that I could think of would possibly be a Health Care POA in case your child needs medical care.

Edited by CORKY_Q

Does the seapass of a child that young open the cabin? I've no idea whether it would or not, but it might be worth trying in advance and getting a spare key for your cabin made in advance so that granddad can get at toys/changes of clothes etc.

Does the seapass of a child that young open the cabin? I've no idea whether it would or not, but it might be worth trying in advance and getting a spare key for your cabin made in advance so that granddad can get at toys/changes of clothes etc.

We have connecting rooms and plan to leave it open before getting off the ship.