Two Breakfasts ?

ClanMcLean

I'm not being greedy, honest :p

As the restaurant doesn't open till 8am, I'm wondering if it's possible to order room service for 7am (mainly for my son) and then go to the restaurant at 8.30am for our 'proper' breakfast?

You can have as many breakfasts you can eat!

Even in the restaurant, if you want the same again, you can have it.

You can order in early, go up or down to the buffet for breakfast number two, then head off to the MDR for number three and from there head over to the Sir Samuels for pastries and specialty coffee. Then for lunch you can hit the outside burger grill, the buffet and the MDR and follow that up with a pot pie in the pub before heading off to the Queens room for afternoon tea. In between you can grab a sandwich in the cabin via room service. From tea it is off to the lounges for a few canapés before a plate in the lido before 8:30 dinner in the MDR. After an evening of dancing back to the lido for a midnight snack and if you have ordered in advance there will be cookies and milk in the room. And so begins day two.

As they say one can come on board as a passenger and leave as cargo. Never need not to be eating if one wishes.

Thanks everyone :)

I haven't really got my head round the whole 'eat what ever you like, when you like' concept. I think it's my British heritage.....seems a bit rude to ask for more than one breakfast LOL :D

Has anyone requested kedgeree as a breakfast option?

Only two breakfasts? We do have one amongst us, a Scottish gentleman, who customarily justifies the sobriquet "three-breakfasts". Perhaps he can persuaded to reveal some of the tricks of his trade?

Only two breakfasts? We do have one amongst us, a Scottish gentleman, who customarily justifies the sobriquet "three-breakfasts". Perhaps he can persuaded to reveal some of the tricks of his trade?

Oh, there are absolutely no tricks involved. I would merely refer the OP to Luke Chapter 11: Verse 9 "... ask, and it shall be given you..."

Jimmy Three-Breakfasts

seems a bit rude to ask for more than one breakfast LOL :D

It is, according to Mr Cruachan, a display of remarkable rudeness should one not ask for more than one breakfast.

Rumour has it that on the (one) occasion Mr C, feeling a little off colour, requested only two, the kitchen staff took it personally and downed tools. We don't want that to happen again, do we?

Sir Martin

I'm not being greedy, honest :p As the restaurant doesn't open till 8am, I'm wondering if it's possible to order room service for 7am (mainly for my son) and then go to the restaurant at 8.30am for our 'proper' breakfast?
As others have stated, you can have as many breakfasts as you wish!

Almost every day I am on board my routine (as a very early riser) is to walk the promenade (best time of day) and then dive indoors for a mug of coffee, orange juice and a plate of melon or mixed fruits (from the Kings Court/Lido). Maybe a bagel/smoked salmon/cream cheese.

Then, at five-to-eight I am outside the restaurant ready for it to open; Eggs Benedict awaits!

I've noted that the queues/lines to be seated are short at 8.00, but can be quite long by 8.30.

Have a great time, Bon Voyage!

I once saw a hobbit eat 3 breakfasts every day for an entire cruise. I think he got a bit embarrassed eventually because he started going to the Lido for the 3rd one. Never seen anyone so small with such big, hairy feet by the way. :D

I'm also reminded of the best diet advice I've ever been given - breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dine like a pauper. Unfortunately, Cunard does the best culinary work in the evening so I've never been able to follow the plan.

Edited by Chunky2219
typo

Rumour has it that on the (one) occasion Mr C, feeling a little off colour, requested only two, the kitchen staff took it personally and downed tools. We don't want that to happen again, do we?

Sir Martin

Heaven forbid!

In accordance with keeping the kitchen staff 'on their toes' and engaged, I now feel somewhat obliged to increase my list of 'special requests' as we don't want discontent within the ranks!