Cabin Noise

rogfam

Looking at cabins on Deck 8 on the R Class Ships (Serena, Nautica, etc.) The above deck 9 is the pool, outdoor restaurants and bars. Has anyone experience a noise problem from above with these cabins?

Edited by rogfam

Which cabins are you looking at?

A few years ago our traveling mates were in a PH2 or 3 on the starboard side under the Terrace area and had a cooling issue. They were told that there was a large dishwasher above them creating heat, which I'm not sure I believe, and there was nothing they could do to fix it. The maintenance guys did try, but eventually as we left the South Pacific and got closer to SF it got better.

What they did was get an extra room on deck 7, in addition to their PH, that the air worked in as extra space for the cruise(21 days) and a good chunk of OBC.

We were in 8027 (A1) on the Regatta. It is smack dab in the middle. Quiet as can be. Never ever heard a thing, even with the connecting door between us and our neighbors. In fact we met them one day at the pool, and we all commented on that fact. No noise from above except one day in the afternoon when it was really hot going through the Panama Canal, we heard a couple of chair scrapes as folks were having their loungers moved. But it only lasted 5 minutes, and never heard it again. I completely recommend the A1 on 8 or PH1.

We just left the Riveria, concierge A room 11042 smack under the pool/bar area. One night there was a party (dance) with DJ and it was if a herd of elephants were tromping across the deck. During the day was mostly just footsteps or kids running. We had port stops daily so was only an issue the one night

I was also a little concerned about that. Our previous cruises have been on deck 10 on the larger ships sandwiched between two floors with staterooms. We are currently on board Insignia in 8010, which is roughly below Waves Bar and it is quiet as can be.