SS Spirit restaurants

aussiegp

We are consider a cruise Christmas/NY season Dubai to/or Cape Town to Singapore. SS Spirit or Oceania Nautica are possibles. My wife and I enjoy cruising and meeting other people over dinner etc. We have only done Seabourn and Regent SS. They no longer do Cape Town and if they did we would sail with them. We like good food, fresh, not over cooked etc, and found Compass Rose meets our expectations as does the Observation bar for a cocktail. We have also found the service on each very good.

I am a little concerned that Silver Seas or Oceania won't meet our expectations and comments from people on this blog are varied and not complimentary about the food quality.

I see a lot of posts give their personal experience about different cruise lines but some simple feedback would be appreciated.

The problem for me is that food is highly subjective so what we may have thought was good to excellent food others may have thought it was acceptable to marginal. I won't or can't say every meal we've had on Silversea, including the Spirit last year, was the "best ever" but we were happy with the overall quality, taste, etc. We're not "foodies" so take my opinion with the appropriate weight. I suppose the same thing can be said about service and on the whole we've had nothing but great service on Silversea. Will say we enjoy and have had nothing but great bar service at any of the bars on the Spirit or the Wind.