Pizza Pirate "Plus"

Pellaz

I was wondering if the Pizza Pirate Plus expanded menu (from 11 pm to 1 am) is available on all ships with Pizza Pirate, just certain ship-classes, or....?

Is there a similar late-night menu expansion on ships with Pizzeria del Capitano?

We had Pizza Pirate Plus available on the Conquest during our cruise two weeks ago and we thought the lasagna was really good! The meatballs on a hoagie were decent, and the chicken parmesan was also quite good (although not as good as the lasagna). We didn't have a chance to try the sausage and peppers. (The last three items rotate nightly; the lasagna is available every night.)

Edited by Pellaz

I was wondering if the Pizza Pirate Plus expanded menu (from 11 pm to 1 am) is available on all ships with Pizza Pirate, just certain ship-classes, or....?

Is there a similar late-night menu expansion on ships with Pizzeria del Capitano?

We had Pizza Pirate Plus available on the Conquest during our cruise two weeks ago and we thought the lasagna was really good! The meatballs on a hoagie were decent, and the chicken parmesan was also quite good (although not as good as the lasagna). We didn't have a chance to try the sausage and peppers. (The last three items rotate nightly; the lasagna is available every night.)

I'm glad to hear this is available on Conquest because that is my next cruise. I remember hearing this might be coming, but hadn't heard anything else about it. Is there a charge?

I'm glad to hear this is available on Conquest because that is my next cruise. I remember hearing this might be coming, but hadn't heard anything else about it. Is there a charge?

Nope. It is free/included.

Since no-one else has responded about other ships, I'm wondering now if it's exclusive to Conquest. They had it last October (2015), too, but the rotating items weren't there, just the lasagna.

That would be awesome but wish they would do it lunchtime

I think the reason why the "Plus" menu items are rolled out at 11 pm is because that's when the Deli closes, and they wanted to expand the late-night food choices.

At one time there was a late-night grill place across from Pizza Pirate, but it was never open in Oct. 2015 and now it has become Seafood Corner (additional fee), which closes at 9 pm.

Besides.....for lunch we have that new free BBQ place on Conquest...and it was pretty good! :)

I think the reason why the "Plus" menu items are rolled out at 11 pm is because that's when the Deli closes, and they wanted to expand the late-night food choices.

At one time there was a late-night grill place across from Pizza Pirate, but it was never open in Oct. 2015 and now it has become Seafood Corner (additional fee), which closes at 9 pm.

Besides.....for lunch we have that new free BBQ place on Conquest...and it was pretty good! :)

Last few cruises the pizza guy has worked alone late at night having to make and serve pizza and lines got ridiculously long sometimes as long as 20 minutes as he couldnt keep up with demand and everything was made to order. Wonder how many people they will need to keep up with pizza plus.

Last few cruises the pizza guy has worked alone late at night having to make and serve pizza and lines got ridiculously long sometimes as long as 20 minutes as he couldnt keep up with demand and everything was made to order. Wonder how many people they will need to keep up with pizza plus.

There were at least three employees working there. Line was still kinda long as they were only using one side of the kiosk for the line.

Also, I don't remember if this was the case last year on Conquest or if it's the norm for Pizza Pirate on other ships, but they were serving/selling soft drinks and Angry Orchard hard cider at Pizza Pirate. :cool:

I guess that means you could get an Angry Orchard at, say, 5 am...making Pizza Pirate the latest-operating nighttime bar on the ship, albeit with a very limited drink menu. :)

The Breeze has the plus menu 11PM to 1AM.

Lasagna, Caesar Salad, Meatball sub in addition to the regular pizza.

Interesting...I got off the Breeze a week ago today and they most certainly did NOT have the expanded menu at the Pizza Place.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The Pizza was better several years ago... now you can't even handle it and everything flops off, a gooey mess... But if your drunk, I'm sure not many would care...

Not on Splendor. The crust was hand tossed to thin and slightly crispy perfection! Was excellent.

Wonder if the expanded menu is available on the Dream?

Just got off the Dream, yesterday and there was no expanded menu. I ate there a few times after 11:00 p.m. and it was the standard menu. However, the pizza wasn't bad.

Take care,

Mike

From all the responses it sounds like some ships have adopted it, and some have not. Two cheers for Carnival and their well-known consistency! :)

You can also get great tasting hot chocolate chip cookies after 10 pm. Son loved them. He is 29

Yep, and I forgot to mention those cookies. I wasn't sure if they were only offered after 11 pm as part of Pizza Pirate Plus, or if they had 'em up there all the time.

Interesting...I got off the Breeze a week ago today and they most certainly did NOT have the expanded menu at the Pizza Place.

Did you visit there after 11 pm and before 1 am? They put the expanded menu out (with "Plus" printed below the regular Pizza Pirate logo) at 11 pm or a little thereafter, and it's only offered for two hours.

From all the responses it sounds like some ships have adopted it, and some have not. Two cheers for Carnival and their well-known consistency! :)

Yep, and I forgot to mention those cookies. I wasn't sure if they were only offered after 11 pm as part of Pizza Pirate Plus, or if they had 'em up there all the time.

Did you visit there after 11 pm and before 1 am? They put the expanded menu out (with "Plus" printed below the regular Pizza Pirate logo) at 11 pm or a little thereafter, and it's only offered for two hours.

I was on the Breeze last week and there was no "Plus" menu between 11 pm and 1 am.

Take care,

Mike

Yes! Not stupid...no "plus" menu.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

For those who are still unsure about Pizza Pirate Plus, I included a photo of the menu in my Conquest review, which Cruise Critic finally approved and posted.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=551239

That was the menu on "meatball hoagie night." I'd have gotten a photo of the other nights' menus if I'd known sooner that they were changing around the final entrée. :D

The Pizza was better several years ago... now you can't even handle it and everything flops off, a gooey mess... But if your drunk, I'm sure not many would care...

I like the new pizza better than the old ones. Where the new style crust was thin, light and crispy, the old style crust was too thick and tastes like cardboard.

I like the new pizza better than the old ones. Where the new style crust was thin, light and crispy, the old style crust was too thick and tastes like cardboard.

Agreed. I couldn't help but compare Pizza Pirate with Sorrento's (on Royal) and Pizza Pirate beat 'em hands down. IMO of course.

Yes, it's more of a "thin and crispy" pizza, but on Conquest at least, the pizza guys would routinely serve you two slices (i.e., a half-circle) of pizza as a normal order.