Daytime attire on QM2 Caribbean cruise

skyhawk352

Hi! I'm debating about the 13-night Caribbean cruise on the QM2. I'm familiar with the attire at night, but when in the Caribbean, what is the daytime (pre 6pm) attire? If I'm walking around with shorts onboard is that frowned upon?

Thanks!

Karin

No, shorts are not frowned upon, on deck or inside during the day.

As far as I know there are no restrictions at all during the day before 6pm. On our recent transatlantic plenty of people wore shorts, t-shirts, gym wear, even saw a few wandering around in bathrobes. We didn't feel uncomfortable at any time during the day whatever we wore. Not sure about the dining room for breakfast/lunch as we ate in the buffet. It is possible that they have a few requirements, but probably only that you cover up properly.

Same for footwear. Most people wore sandals or trainers during the day. We did tend to change from shorts/t-shirt to trousers and shirt for afternoon tea, but that was just what we liked to do. Plenty of people wore shorts to that as well and it wasn't a problem.

During the day I'm planning shorts, polo and sandals for our QM2 November Caribbean cruise that is once we get passed NY and on to warmer sunny waters :) and a nice lighter linen informal jacket.

Edited by robbie_3

Hi all,

We are also booked on this cruise and have started to think about what clothes we need to pack. We are staying in New York for three nights so we will need some winter clothes,will warm clothes be needed for the first two or three days of our cruise?

As far as evening wear is concerned we know what is expected on Formal nights although my partner wonders if men wear white dinner jackets rather than black whilst in the Caribbean.

I'm not so sure about informal wear,jacket and tie for men is expected but not sure how informal the women will be. I was thinking of wearing the sort of outfit I would wear to go out to a restaurant for dinner. Does that sound OK or will other women wear more'dressy' clothes?

Hi! I'm debating about the 13-night Caribbean cruise on the QM2. I'm familiar with the attire at night, but when in the Caribbean, what is the daytime (pre 6pm) attire? If I'm walking around with shorts onboard is that frowned upon?

Thanks!

Karin

No problem what so ever during the day, even walking back to your room after being on deck for sail the, away. Dining Room no problem with Breakfast or Lunch with shorts and T.Shirt, and Kings Court any time.:cool:

I was on this trip last year and will be again this year, also with three days in NYC. The winter coat went into the closet after the sailaway, but i was glad for the heavy cotton sweater the first and last day on deck. And you do see white dinner jackets.

Nice shorts, during the day, are seen everywhere on the ship, including the MDR, when the QM2 is in warmer waters. I have seen collarless tee shirts on shipboard men, but I am not a fan. I think a polo looks better.

A white dinner jacket would be appropriate, but is not a requirement, on a formal night in the Caribbean.

It sounds like a GREAT voyage! You all will have a wonderful time (and I am jealous!) The Caribbean on the Queen Mary 2! What could be better!