Coral Princess A310

ne1travel

Now you are confusing me. Did you read my reply to your question about which side of the ship?

As you are on Coral, check out the deck with the Premium (larger) balconies.

There are three balcony cabins on each side which have the larger (Premium) balconies but are charged at the rate for normal balconies.

Can't remember the numbers but they are:

The last three cabins in the forward block which are also the first three cabins aft of the forward bump out. Only on one deck - think it is C deck, but not sure.

Just checked for you. On the South American side the three cabins are: C311, C315 and C317.

Check them out on the deck plans.

Edited by Corfe Mixture

Now you are confusing me. Did you read my reply to your question about which side of the ship?

There are three balcony cabins on each side which have the larger (Premium) balconies but are charged at the rate for normal balconies.

The last three cabins in the forward block which are also the first three cabins aft of the forward bump out. Only on one deck - think it is C deck, but not sure.

Just checked for you. On the South American side the three cabins are: C311, C315 and C317.

Hey thanks, will check.

Thanks for keeping an eye out for us Corfe Mixture....I just booked C317.

You're correct, those balconies are 248sqft as compared to 210sqft for others. Very helpful.

I was looking at wrong cabins as I was turned around on deck map as to fore and aft.

Thanks so much!

Enjoy,

From your profile, I think we get on as you get off. I hope it all works well for you.

As it is your first transit, can I recommend you read 'The Path Between the Seas' by David McCullough. Brilliant book and adds so much to one's appreciation of the canal in so many respects.

As you pass through the canalised section look out for

1. The Panama railway which runs alongside the canal

2. The Chagris river which was a major problem when designing the canal, but now provides all the water for the canal

3. The small settlements alongside the canal

4. The infrastructure support port with the very large crane confiscated from the Germans at the end of WW2

not to mention the prison.

All on your side of the ship.

Over dinner questions to impress your fellow passengers.

1. What single event in history caused the canal to be built?

Ans: Assassination of McKinley (Reason - Theodore Roosevelt was the driving force behind building the canal and, although he was a great President and was re-elected, political opponents would never have initially allowed him to head a Presidential ticket.

2. What was sent to all the key US decision makers which ensured the canal was built in Panama and not Nicaragua?

Ans: A postage stamp. I'll leave you to research that one, but McCullough does cover it in his book.

As I say - ENJOY

CM

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for keeping an eye out for us Corfe Mixture....I just booked C317.

You're correct, those balconies are 248sqft as compared to 210sqft for others. Very helpful.

I was looking at wrong cabins as I was turned around on deck map as to fore and aft.

Thanks so much!

We've stayed in that exact room on the Coral Princess before and you will not be disappointed. It is quiet, conveniently located, has an extra large half covered balcony and way less expensive than the cabin next door. Good choice ... glad you were able to snag it.

ONE LAST POINT.

Now that you have C317, MAKE SURE YOU GET YOUR BOOKING MARKED AS NO UPGRADE.

C317 is a BE grade cabin and if you don't get your booking marked no upgrade, they could upgrade you to a BD, BC, BB or BA cabin which do not have the larger balcony.

I had the same questions a week ago and I also booked C317! We are going on the March 2,2019 cruise but we are doing the reverse, Florida to California. But I don't know had to mark no upgrade. This is my first Princess cruise, so I am not familiar with their booking summary.

ONE LAST POINT.

Now that you have C317, MAKE SURE YOU GET YOUR BOOKING MARKED AS NO UPGRADE.

C317 is a BE grade cabin and if you don't get your booking marked no upgrade, they could upgrade you to a BD, BC, BB or BA cabin which do not have the larger balcony.

Thanks, I've been searching my booking. Could you help me out and tell me how or where I need to go to do NO UPGRADE?

Thanks

Thanks, I've been searching my booking. Could you help me out and tell me how or where I need to go to do NO UPGRADE?

Thanks

You can always request a 'meta upgrade only' instead of no upgrade. They won't move you into a different balcony cabin .. .only to a mini-suite or better when using this option. It doesn't happen often (or not at all for me) but if you are willing to be placed into the next super category (inside to oceanview+, oceanview to balcony+, balcony to mini-suite+) you can always mark your reservation with this terminology.