Alaska Wonder 2016 - Excursions

CanuckonaBoat

At the moment when I log in with my reservation number - I can not see excursions. However if I go to the general Alaska Wonder page- there is information about excursions under the ports of call.

Is this a full list of excursions? Or are more listed when they are available through the online reservation portal?

I've noted that many do not have infant pricing or they state e.g. "ages 5 and up" - does this mean that no one under 5 can go at all? Or that it's most appropriate for ages 5+?

We are trying to review all excursions to make decisions BEFORE the reservations open up on our web portal.

Infants are free on most excursions. If an excursion says "5 and up," that means you can't sign up anyone under 5. It is strictly enforced. Almost all excursions can be booked privately, which can have advantages over DCL. We used a company called Shore Trips in Alaska. THERE, they were a good value. I researched them again in Europe and found their prices to be insane.

Going private thru the tour provider or another company generally gives you a smaller group. In one case, no one else signed up so we had a private tour which the guide customized to my daughter's interests. It generally costs less than going thru DCL, and sometimes has different age requirements for the identical experience.

If you are looking under your reservation, the excursions that you see are those which are confirmed to be available on your cruise date. I don't remember if they list an excursion as "full" of if they just drop it off the list when it fills. sorry.

Edited by moki'smommy

thanks. I just paid my deposit and see my reservation online. But i do not see any excursions listed. When I try to go to the activities page in my reservation - it just loops me back to the main page with my reservation information.

Do I get to see the excursions after I pay in full? Or are they only listed after they open up for reservations for my category (I can book only in April)?

I want to see a full list of excursions for my cruise so that I can do research before I have to book.

Thanks!

thanks. I just paid my deposit and see my reservation online. But i do not see any excursions listed. When I try to go to the activities page in my reservation - it just loops me back to the main page with my reservation information.

Do I get to see the excursions after I pay in full? Or are they only listed after they open up for reservations for my category (I can book only in April)?

I want to see a full list of excursions for my cruise so that I can do research before I have to book.

Thanks!

With the recent "upgrade" to the DCL website, until you are within your booking window (75 days out for first time cruisers), you can only see what excursions are generally offered on any given itinerary.

Once your booking window opens, you can see specifically what excursions are offered on your cruise and the prices/age limits.

If an excursion says age 5 and up, it means only those at least 5 years of age may be booked on it.

If it says "all ages" then anyone may be booked, however some ages (typically 0-3) may not have an actual charge, but must be booked for space requirements on the excursion.