New dinning package?

Hello everyone

I was browsing on the NCL website today . I noticed in MY NCL that you can buy new dinning package for your cruise . I'm I reading this properly on a 7 days cruise you can buy from 3 days up to seven days . or do you have to buy all 7 days for the cruise

from MY NCL website

Dining Packages 

3 Day Specialty Dining Package

PRICE $ 69.62

4 Day Specialty Dining Package

PRICE $ 87.32

5 Day Specialty Dining Package

PRICE $ 105.02

6 Day Specialty Dining Package

PRICE $ 122.72

7 Day Specialty Dining Package

PRICE $ 140.42

Edited by Orleanscruiser

I understand that you can purchase 3 or more days for any length of cruise, which is a nice option since many people do not want to eat every night in a specialty restaurant.

The only part of the special which they do not specify in their deal(faqs) is if the days of the meal package are consecutive days or you can choose the days during the week (ie Monday, Wednesday, Friday,etc)which you use the card during your cruise.

It let me put a 3 day in my cart for our 7 day cruise next year and go to checkout. I didn't go any further, but it looks like a real thing. You notice how the additional days are just a little bit more, which emphasizes that the more days you buy, the bigger your savings are. Kind of like multi day Disney tickets versus a single day and such.

Hello everyone

I was browsing on the NCL website today . I noticed in MY NCL that you can buy new dinning package for your cruise . I'm I reading this properly on a 7 days cruise you can buy from 3 days up to seven days . or do you have to buy all 7 days for the cruise

from MY NCL website

Dining Packages 

3 Day Specialty Dining Package

PRICE $ 69.62

Do anybody know, it this is per person, or per couple, etc

It let me put a 3 day in my cart for our 7 day cruise next year and go to checkout. I didn't go any further, but it looks like a real thing. You notice how the additional days are just a little bit more, which emphasizes that the more days you buy, the bigger your savings are.
The prices are the same as given for the regular UDP. It would be helpful if someone would actually buy one of these smaller packages for a longer cruise; until then it looks to me like a glitch, especially since they don't explain anywhere how the days are chosen if you don't buy the package for the duration of the cruise.

The prices are the same as given for the regular UDP. It would be helpful if someone would actually buy one of these smaller packages for a longer cruise; until then it looks to me like a glitch, especially since they don't explain anywhere how the days are chosen if you don't buy the package for the duration of the cruise.

Its lacking details,but doesn't appear to be a glitch. Its says you can tailor it to the days you want.

With our Specialty Dining Packages, you can savor an array of tastes and unique experiences at our specialty restaurants for one set price. Enjoy the package your entire cruise or tailor it to your schedule by selecting the number of days that you want.*

I would want to try the 3 day package on my 10 day cruise, but it only seems value for money if you want to go to Cagneys 3 days? If you want to mix and match where you go the saving is negligable. I guess that's the idea with them trying to sell you the longer packages!

This is a great option for us. We like to eat in the MDR but do like to check out the specialties a few times each cruise. I'm thinking the 3 day is perfect for us. It will save us $35 to $40 for 2 people depending on where we choose to each. I love saving $ any where I can! :D

Its lacking details,but doesn't appear to be a glitch. Its says you can tailor it to the days you want.
This is very good news for people who don't already have the UDP as a promotion. I expect people who had to buy it for the entire length of their upcoming cruises will now start complaining loudly about NCL changing things without prior notice. But I suppose they can still get it refunded.
We're booked on an 11 night cruise and I just purchased the 6-day option for $122.72 pp. I expected them to add tips but they didn't. Maybe it was already factored in ... I don't know.
Yes, the 18% is factored in. The base price of the 6-day UDP is $104 per person.

ound some up charge info under the FAQ (https://www.ncl.com/specialty-dining-package/faq).

"IN WHICH VENUES WILL MY SPECIALTY DINING PACKAGE BE HONORED?

Specialty dining packages are honored in all Specialty Steakhouses, Churrascarias, French, Japanese, and Italian restaurants. Guests who have purchased the package may also choose to dine in select à la carte priced restaurants, entertainment-based restaurants, Bayamo, Pincho Tapas Bar, and Ocean Blue restaurants, for the following per person upcharges:

Ocean Blue - $15

Bayamo - $10

Cirque Dreams/Illusionarium - $10 regular seats/$15 premium seats/$35 VIP seating on Breakaway

Sushi -$7

Raw Bar - $7

Pincho Tapas Bar - $7"

Going to have to crunch some numbers. May get this if I go on the Breakaway 12 day.

I just logged in to My NCL regarding my Pearl cruise leaving this SUnday. I don't see this. It only offers me the full UDP for $140 per person including gratuities. Are you finding this somewhere else?

I am more interested in the statements about sushi being $7. What does that mean? Is that $7 for all you can eat? I hope that is the case. Also noticed they removed the 25% off options. I am not sure if this system or the old pricing was better. Overall seems like a pretty cool change. I like that the "upcharge" specialties now are included with a small additional upcharge if you wish. Also the small upcharge for the dinner shows is a nice touch.

6&8

Edited by sixesandeights

I just logged in to My NCL regarding my Pearl cruise leaving this SUnday. I don't see this. It only offers me the full UDP for $140 per person including gratuities. Are you finding this somewhere else?

For me it appears under the 'gifts and extras' bit rather than under 'dining' in My NCL. If it's not there then maybe it's not being implemented in time for your cruise?

I retract my previous statement about it not being good value- didn't realise that the 18% was included and that you could use it for Cirque with a supplement!

It starts for Sailings after August 1st

One thing I dont understand....the $7 charge at the tapas bar on the Escape....tapas is food that is meant to be shared....how will this work? In this instance the charge doesnt seem to make sense and the 25% off each dish would be more appropriate...i know only time will tell, but it doesnt seem like they though that one through....

6&8

IMHO, steak lovers that could confirm reservations and eat all 3 times at Cagney's would find this a good deal - assuming that the new "enhanced" menu (not scaled back & trimmed) across the board for all ships rolled out by July 1st. will pass the taste testing - at least until they switch to the (rumored ??) a la carte pricing scheme.

Given the limited selection of "fresh" raw sashimi available/kept on board - unless it's AYCE variety, I will skip that vs. the wide selection of land-based sushi bar/restaurant counters all over our home city here in NY.

This essentially created another tier of dining - the basic/complimentary dining in the MDR/buffet/O'Sheehans, the "upscale" speciality & surcharged dining with exceptions, and, this deluxe/premium speciality dining yet with add-on charges on top of the "cover" charges; plus, the 18% gratuity - prices that aren't far from paying full price on land ... depending on the venue.

But, it is what it is - some will bite & pay it, others won't - feestyle or freestyle :D - now, if the master chef's would just come up with more variety and better food in the MDR - or, figure out how to make a better basic pizza, it would be more cheers around here ;)

Does anyone know if you have to use it on consecutive nights, or just 3 nights during your cruise for a 3 night plan?

Also, with the old UDP, you were able to eat at multiple venues for instance apps at one venue, dinner at another, and dessert at a third. Does anyone know if this would be available with the new packages?

Thanks

Does anyone know if you have to use it on consecutive nights, or just 3 nights during your cruise for a 3 night plan?

Also, with the old UDP, you were able to eat at multiple venues for instance apps at one venue, dinner at another, and dessert at a third. Does anyone know if this would be available with the new packages?

Thanks

These are all guesses because this is all the information we have at the time, but it would be my guess that if you get a 3 restaurant package for instance you could visit a specialty on three nights (your choice). You dont get unlimited specialties for 3 days so its my assumption that unless you buy the full week you probably wont be able to do multiples in a single night. I base these assumptions on the fact that they would have to swipe your card at some point in the meal. With the 3 restaurant package you probably have a "credit" for 3 uses. If you go to three in one day I would guess you would use up all three credits.

Again these are all guesses based on my interpretation of the logic, so dont take this as truth by any means. Until we have more from NCL or people actually start using the packages we wont know for sure.

6&8

Edited by sixesandeights