Picture review of the Dream, June 12-19 sailing

bluejay555

Thank you for your review ! We will be on the dream in 6 weeks and are very excited about staying in a cove cabin for the first time !

We have booked cabin 2353 which is next to the one you stayed in. Did you have any problems with noise being right under the dining room and close to an elevator ?

We are sailing on July 10th in this exact cabin, I'll try to remember to get back to you to let you know if we hear any noise above us at night.

I left off with Belize. Now we didn't book an excursion in Belize and decided to take advantage of a much less crowded ship. This is the first time we have ever stayed on the ship during a port day. I thought we'd really regret it, and up until the night before we debated booking something....but we stuck to the original plan and I'm so glad we did! Mom and I got up at our usual 6:30am to have coffee on the cove balcony (greatest thing in the world!) and Sara got up an hour later. Josie got up, but was sick. She felt sick to her stomach and was burning up. I think she probably had fever and was feeling sick from her sunburn. We put a cold washcloth on her, and I read to her all morning long, while my mom and Sara went to breakfast and swimming. Slowly but surely she started feeling better and better, and was just about ready to get out of bed, when there was an announcement over the intercom that there would be a man overboard drill for the crew. Soon after, there was an announcement that came through into our cabin saying "man overboard, starboard side!" We went out to the balcony and saw a dummy floating in the water.

1105_zpsxpepzi2x.jpg

So the dummy floated for a few minutes and then we see a life preserver go into the water toward the front of the ship. The dummy was floating toward the back of the ship. See that tiny orange life preserver?

1109_zpsdpdzg3ad.jpg

Then a few minutes later, we see a little speed boat being lowered down. The men on board were all wearing safety harnesses.

1114_zpsgu1eo9o4.jpg

1129_zpsvszzmjd9.jpg

They took off toward the life preserver first, and fished it out of the water with a big long hook. I hope if I ever go overboard, they go after me first lol

1116_zpsl93x391x.jpg

Here they are grabbing the dummy out of the water. It had floated quite a ways away from the ship. Just shows how even when the ship is stopped, you still would drift away pretty fast. SCARY!!!!!

1119_zps51qrvzmf.jpg

It was pretty cool to watch! The entire thing took probably 25 min, which just shows the minimum of how long it would take to get rescued...if they could actually find you out there. So stay away from the railings, people! And use common sense!

1124_zpsb4vgxslu.jpg

The water was gorgeous here. For those of you who aren't familiar with Belize, we couldn't dock there because of the reef. And it's not like Grand Cayman, where you're right there by the shore. Belize was a 25 min tender ride away.

Girls20Cruise20201620158_zpsj1llkkid.jpg

Girls20Cruise20201620159_zps3b9l55ds.jpg

The pool was pretty much empty. We enjoyed cocktails and sodas and virgin daquiris and had a relaxing day.

Girls20Cruise20201620156_zpswyy1wxxz.jpg

Ahh the blue patron margarita.

Girls20Cruise20201620157_zps61pamwx8.jpg

Girls20Cruise20201620155_zpscq2t8iz1.jpg

We had mongolian wok and burritos for lunch! On seadays the lines are so long we never wanted to wait, but today we just walked right up and ordered. So we took advantage and got both!

I prefer the szechuan sauce. It's the hottest, but it's not THAT hot. Love the mongolian wok!

Girls20Cruise20201620154_zpssiqxru6m.jpg

Our cabin steward met us right away and asked if we wanted early or late room service. We chose late so he could get in there while we were at dinner. Worked out great for us except I have one question for all of you....

What do you do with room service trays when you're finished? We ordered coffee and fruit or bagels every morning but the tray was not removed until dinner time. Kind of gross and in our way in that tiny cabin. We had always set the tray in the hallway in the past, but I saw a debate started on John Heald's page and lots of people say that's rude? So yeah, not sure what the proper etiquette is on that one.

Anywhoo, as soon as we got our swimming suits on, the girls decorated our door. We always buy a simple decoration and poster putty from the Dollar Tree.

4f389b05-5ac1-442f-a255-c5118f7eb200_zpstkqazvaw.jpg

I bought that same flamingo for our cabin door in October!

Dinner! I really regret not taking pics of the menu every night. At this point, I can't remember what anything was, but everything was delicious!

1132_zpsnhr8dgcz.jpg

I want to say this was jerk pork in a pastry....

1131_zpsenud87mz.jpg

1135_zpshz6cxvmf.jpg

escargot

1130_zpsfntdzayb.jpg

1136_zpswye82vwi.jpg

Up next...Cozumel, and our trip to Nachi Cocom!!

My family has decided that we're also staying on the ship in Belize, and we also have never done that so I'm glad you wrote about it and liked it.

It was so nice to experience a day on the ship without all the crowds. I think you'll enjoy it!

Cozumel!

1146_zpsdubryrxf.jpg

We docked at the new pier at Puerta Maya. Last year we saw them building it.

1148_zpstmrky5hi.jpg

It was a crowded day in Cozumel. There were 4 ships docked there. This was our 4th time at Nachi Cocom, and while we've always loved it there, we almost decided on Mr. Sanchos instead. When we saw there were going to be 4 ships there, we changed our minds, since Nachi only allows up to 100 guests.

I always love walking to the taxi. So much going on in Coz!

1150_zpsy6szj78h.jpg

1157_zps7ofb04qr.jpg

1155_zpsbsdmovvw.jpg

1163_zpsk6gfbeap.jpg

We're sailing on the Dream for the 1st time in August and taking our 5 year old grandson. Tell me about Mahogany Bay if you don't book an excursion....is there a beach right there? Little French Key looks fabulous. Was this an excursion thru Carnival or something you booked on your own?

We're sailing on the Dream for the 1st time in August and taking our 5 year old grandson. Tell me about Mahogany Bay if you don't book an excursion....is there a beach right there? Little French Key looks fabulous. Was this an excursion thru Carnival or something you booked on your own?

Mahogany bay has a beach. You can walk there from the pier, or you can buy tickets to ride the chair lift. I've been to that beach (and rode the chair life, which scared me half to death lol) and it's OK, but it's crowded and not that pretty.

Little French Key is not through Carnival. You have to go to their website and make reservations. It's amazing and safe and I highly recommend it!

Mahogany bay has a beach. You can walk there from the pier, or you can buy tickets to ride the chair lift. I've been to that beach (and rode the chair life, which scared me half to death lol) and it's OK, but it's crowded and not that pretty.

Little French Key is not through Carnival. You have to go to their website and make reservations. It's amazing and safe and I highly recommend it!

Thank you! Would you be able to give me their website address?

• 2 weeks later...
There is a ledge you can jump off of and my kids got up the nerve to do it last year and all they could talk about was jumping off that ledge again. Well of course they got up there and couldn't work up the nerve. My mom and I stood there for seriously, probably 15 min, holding the damn camera while they paced around up there. Finally we hollered to them that we were moving on. We wanted to go check out other stuff. As soon as I turned my back, I heard a huge splash. Josie. Then I barely got a pic of Sara going in. The thing is, these ladies were watching the entire thing go down, and they got a kick out of Josie jumping as soon as we turned our backs. But they got an even bigger kick out of Josie screaming "That hurt my front butt!!!!!" I did NOT teach her to call her privates her "front butt". She made that up when she was a toddler and has called it that ever since. We had to have a talk about appropriate things to shout, and about closing your legs when you jump, for godssakes!

Girls20Cruise20201620114_zps02v1dxx5.jpg

I just literally LOL'd - we have a 9 yr old son and 5 yr old daughter....when she was about 1 and taking a bath one day, he asked why his sister had a "front butt". I've never heard anyone else use that term until now. [emoji23]. Great review too - we are off on the Dream in 20 days!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just literally LOL'd - we have a 9 yr old son and 5 yr old daughter....when she was about 1 and taking a bath one day, he asked why his sister had a "front butt". I've never heard anyone else use that term until now. [emoji23]. Great review too - we are off on the Dream in 20 days!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ahaha! Too funny! Have fun on the Dream :)

OK I am determined to finish this review. Summer got busy and I kind of forgot about it! I left off with Cozumel, where we spent our day at Nachi Cocom. This is a lovely resort that we have been to 4 times. The staff is attentive, the pool is gorgeous, the drinks and food are excellent.....but the beach has eroded and is horrible! We won't be going back, which is sad.

Girls20Cruise20201620209_zpsjfquu1gp.jpg

It is no longer a very nice beach at all. Once you make it down to the water, the sand sinks under your feet and it's hard to keep your balance.

You can really see how the sand just drops off...

Girls20Cruise20201620168_zpshynzr3k5.jpg

Edited by bluejay555

Oh no, we were just planning to book Nachi for October! That beach does look sad.

We went to Nachi Cocum in April. It was our first time there. I will agree the sand dune getting down to the beach was a little steep, but the beach was nice. The other beach we went to in Cozumel was Isla Pasion. Both were nice and I cannot complain about either.

I will say that Nachi Cocum's beach was not one of the better beaches I have been to, but I would go back there. The lunch was teriffic, and the beach was quiet. See my review of the cruise. The link is in my signature.

Oh no, we were just planning to book Nachi for October! That beach does look sad.

If spending a lot of time walking the beach/water area is your thing, I would not go to Nachi! If the beach isn't a big deal to you, I'd still go. We spent the whole day at the pool and had a great time! But I'm a beach person. I love wading in the water, walking along the sand....this is NOT the beach for that.

We went to Nachi Cocum in April. It was our first time there. I will agree the sand dune getting down to the beach was a little steep, but the beach was nice. The other beach we went to in Cozumel was Isla Pasion. Both were nice and I cannot complain about either.

I will say that Nachi Cocum's beach was not one of the better beaches I have been to, but I would go back there. The lunch was teriffic, and the beach was quiet. See my review of the cruise. The link is in my signature.

I've heard isla Pasion is gorgeous. Isn't that where the Corona commercials were filmed? I will check out your review, thanks!!

Edited by bluejay555