Picture review of the Dream, June 12-19 sailing

bluejay555

More beach pics....it threatened rain the entire day, but only sprinkled for about 5 minutes. We got lucky!

Girls20Cruise20201620204_zpsiohcgaqh.jpg

The sand does start to level off the further you get from the pier. I think it's the pier, and the way it traps the water, that has caused the erosion.

Girls20Cruise20201620208_zpsxzjrg3sk.jpg

It's one of those beaches where you get in the water and it gets deep fast. You only have to go out a few feet to be in waist deep water. The water is pretty murky there and you can't see much if you snorkel. Maybe if you go out further you can? We did find a starfish last year, but that's the only exciting life we've seen there.

The pool is awesome! It's a chlorine pool, which is nice after being in the saltwater pools on the ship all week.

Girls20Cruise20201620178_zpsggl8re1v.jpg

Girls20Cruise20201620186_zps8aluxle1.jpg

That giant palapa in the background is where the swim up bar is. There are chairs in the water. The drinks were STRONG, and I mean STRONG! We were having margaritas and wow. My mom and I both got a little tipsy lol but we had such a fabulous time!!

There is plenty of seating around the pool and we ate lunch at one of those tables. (wait until you see the lunch pics...the food is wonderful here!)

Girls20Cruise20201620179_zpsnarlgn88.jpg

Girls20Cruise20201620195_zpsayw8igxp.jpg

I've heard isla Pasion is gorgeous. Isn't that where the Corona commercials were filmed? I will check out your review, thanks!!

We went to Isla Pasion on our Ecstasy Cruise in August 2014. I thought I had a review of the ship, but it must have been deleted.

The island was very nice and had clear water. It was about 45 minutes to the beach via catamaran. The Twister is an alternative and more adventurous way to get there. We took the catamaran due to a back injury I was recovering from. The twister seemed to be a more fun way to go.

The sand at Passion Island was cleaner and less slope than Nachi Cocum. The water was clearer also. But water clarity can vary day to day.

The food at Passion Island was not as good as the food at Nachi Cocum. It was buffet style and tended to be more Americanized than Mexican.

There were no pools there, so it was the beach or nothing for swimming.

We have been to Cozumel four times and did the beach thing twice. I am not sure what I would do next time in Cozumel.

The lunch on Little French Key sounded like every other excursion lunch until you got to the shrimp and lobster!

About stay away from the railing--saw a 5 y/o girl who was small standing at the railing on Sunshine in April. She was holding the 2nd from the top rung and kicking BOTH feet under the bottom rung. I yelled to her to stop since mom wasn't paying any attention. She almost went in. Horribly scary.

I didn't like Nacchi at all. The lounges by the water dumped you into the water. Sand was so high you had to duck to get under the palapa. Metal backed chairs by pool!?!?! Couldn't get waited on. Fajitas so tough, salsa way too hot! Another couple had the same problem. There was a gang of teens-early 20's in the pool playing rough games and making a lot of noise.

We had driven past Paradise and the grounds were beautiful. Got to Nachi and there were weeds everywhere in the gravel drive area. No toilet paper in the bathroom. I left after 2.5 hours.

Edited by crusinpsychRN

Please don't leave us hanging! I'm anxiously awaiting the Nachi Cocom food pictures to hold me over until my visit there in December. :)

See the review in my link for my B2B cruise this year. I have a photo of our lunch there.

See the review in my link for my B2B cruise this year. I have a photo of our lunch there.

Thanks! I've been there once, but I didn't take any food pictures (we enjoyed the free flowing alcohol a bit TOO much on that trip...), so I have to live vicariously through other cruisers for now until I can get back there.

We have been to Cozumel four times and did the beach thing twice. I am not sure what I would do next time in Cozumel.

We've been to Cozumel four times and been to Paradise Beach three of those. The last time we went to Cozumel, we were cruising with friends and decided to do the Amazing Cozumel Race and we loved it! If you're into that sort of thing, I would highly recommend it. You get to see parts of the city that you don't normally get to see as a tourist.

We had driven past Paradise and the grounds were beautiful. Got to Nachi and there were weeds everywhere in the gravel drive area. No toilet paper in the bathroom. I left after 2.5 hours.

Paradise Beach is beautiful! We've been several times. The last time we went was after they had renovated. They had added a beautiful pool, nice restrooms (super clean...there was an attendant there all day to ensure that they stayed clean), hammocks on the beach. Overall, we were very impressed with the upgrades. That was in 2013 so I'm not sure what it looks like today but in the past it has been well taken care of.

The lunch on Little French Key sounded like every other excursion lunch until you got to the shrimp and lobster!

About stay away from the railing--saw a 5 y/o girl who was small standing at the railing on Sunshine in April. She was holding the 2nd from the top rung and kicking BOTH feet under the bottom rung. I yelled to her to stop since mom wasn't paying any attention. She almost went in. Horribly scary.

Yikes! It's good you were there to stop her!

I didn't like Nacchi at all. The lounges by the water dumped you into the water. Sand was so high you had to duck to get under the palapa. Metal backed chairs by pool!?!?! Couldn't get waited on. Fajitas so tough, salsa way too hot! Another couple had the same problem. There was a gang of teens-early 20's in the pool playing rough games and making a lot of noise.

Yeah, the grounds have gone downhill, but I must disagree about the service and food! They do need to step things up if they're going to stay competitive.

OK I am determined to finish this review. Summer got busy and I kind of forgot about it! I left off with Cozumel, where we spent our day at Nachi Cocom. This is a lovely resort that we have been to 4 times. The staff is attentive, the pool is gorgeous, the drinks and food are excellent.....but the beach has eroded and is horrible! We won't be going back, which is sad.

Girls20Cruise20201620209_zpsjfquu1gp.jpg

It is no longer a very nice beach at all. Once you make it down to the water, the sand sinks under your feet and it's hard to keep your balance.

You can really see how the sand just drops off...

Girls20Cruise20201620168_zpshynzr3k5.jpg

I have a reservation for Nachi in September and now I am wondering if I should do Mr Sanchos instead as their beach doesn't do this drop off. Something to think about for sure....

Save

Save

I have a reservation for Nachi in September and now I am wondering if I should do Mr Sanchos instead as their beach doesn't do this drop off. Something to think about for sure....

Save

Save

If you plan to spend a lot of time at the beach, I would try somewhere else. We really considered Mr. Sanchos and I regret not going there instead.

Love the review. Thank you for the pics of Little French Key. I'm going to be sure and save this thread just in case we have an opportunity to cruise there in the future.

It's always the beach and food pics that help me to convince hubby to book "just one more" cruise!

Jennifer