Hidden beach PV

KatieBug28

Hey All!

I am sorry to ask so many questions! We've got a large group going, and I'm the planner, so I've got questions from 10 people.

Some of us are interested in the Marietas Islands cruise in PV, that includes a stop at the famous hidden beach. I've seen some amazing photos online, but wanted to see if any of you have done this and what you thought. Is it really that beautiful? And how is the snorkeling around the islands?

The tour would take up most of our time in PV, so we want to be sure it's worthwhile!

Hey All!

I am sorry to ask so many questions! We've got a large group going, and I'm the planner, so I've got questions from 10 people.

Some of us are interested in the Marietas Islands cruise in PV, that includes a stop at the famous hidden beach. I've seen some amazing photos online, but wanted to see if any of you have done this and what you thought. Is it really that beautiful? And how is the snorkeling around the islands?

The tour would take up most of our time in PV, so we want to be sure it's worthwhile![/quote

Snorkeling at the Mariettas is nice, but often not as good as in the caribean.

Be aware it takes quite some time sailing there, you have to cross the large Bay of Banderas. In wintertime you might see whales in the bay. But the main thing is you can only get to the hidden beach depending the tide, and the current and how high the waves are. You need to swim through a small tunnel. If the water is too high or the current too strong you cannot get there.

The island itself is a bird refuge and you cannot get ashore.

More here: http://www.ecotoursvallarta.com/marietas-islands/

• 3 weeks later...

We did the hidden beach along with a snorkeling tour in Jan. The tour is now called Wild Dolphins and Snorkeling it was Whale watching and Snorkeling in Jan. Its a 7 hour tour for around $80.

If the water conditions are favorable its a good half mile swim to the beach and back, I had surgery a few months before we went and had trouble with that amount of swimming. The beach is very crowded and its a fast look take pics and leave, no laying around, I think we were there for 10 mins. Yes its beautiful but to me it was not worth the pain.

BUT the rest of this tour was really wonderful, the food was good, the staff excellent, there was snorkeling, stand up paddle boarding, diving and kayaking available at no extra charge. I would certainly recommend the whole tour but not just a trip to the beach.

This is what the beach really looks like

P1140841_zps18fcd742.jpg

• 2 months later...
Hey All!

The tour would take up most of our time in PV, so we want to be sure it's worthwhile![/quote

Snorkeling at the Mariettas is nice, but often not as good as in the caribean.

Be aware it takes quite some time sailing there, you have to cross the large Bay of Banderas. In wintertime you might see whales in the bay. But the main thing is you can only get to the hidden beach depending the tide, and the current and how high the waves are. You need to swim through a small tunnel. If the water is too high or the current too strong you cannot get there.

The island itself is a bird refuge and you cannot get ashore.

More here: http://www.ecotoursvallarta.com/marietas-islands/

Sorry to jump thread; however, I wanted to know if you have ever seen whales in the beginning of October? If so, can you recommend a good spot? My hubby cannot swim.

Sorry to jump thread; however, I wanted to know if you have ever seen whales in the beginning of October? If so, can you recommend a good spot? My hubby cannot swim.

It would be very rare to see any whales as early as October. Some of the youngsters show up in early/mid-November. The official whale watching season typically starts mid-December.

Enjoy!

Edited by MSN-Travelers