Past Seabourn Passenger Wanting Info on Ships Going to Windstar

SantaAna,CA

Hi, I sailed several times on Seabourn's small ships.....have not been on Seabourn for several years though ($$$$!). Interested to know if any past Seabourn sailors have sailed on the "triplets" since they've moved over to Windstar. What is your opinion of the experience now that they are not all inclusive and probably a little less "formal"? Thanks for any opinions.

Jane

I have never been on a Seabourn cruise, so I cannot directly help you. However, there has been one review by a Seabourn cruiser who sailed on the Star Pride: http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=272391

The Star Breeze inaugural is not until May 6 and the Star Legend's is May 25. So, you won't be able to get anyone who can make comparisons on those two ships yet. I do know that they are implementing more extensive refurbishments than originally planned after receiving many comments and recommendations from those who sailed on the Star Pride.

Hi, I sailed several times on Seabourn's small ships.....have not been on Seabourn for several years though ($$$$!). Interested to know if any past Seabourn sailors have sailed on the "triplets" since they've moved over to Windstar. What is your opinion of the experience now that they are not all inclusive and probably a little less "formal"? Thanks for any opinions.

Jane

I would suggest that you check your pricing comparison carefully between Seabourn and Windstar. In some instances, Windstar is pricing out quite a bit higher than Seabourn after adding the cost of alcohol, tips etc to the Windstar price. I am paying less for a 10 day Med cruise on the Seabourn Sojourn this summer than what a similar Windstar cruise would cost (on a per diem basis). The Seabourn product is superior to Windstar. I did enjoy my Windstar cruise and am by not reason bashing Windstar, but he reality is that Windstar is not necessarily always a lower cost.