Newbie to seabourn - question

Fleuve51

We will be on the sept.21st sailing from Montreal to Boston.

having lived in Montreal for over 50 years, we are doing this itinerary that was always on our list, as well as trying this luxury line.

Are there complimentary ironing services for formal/ dressy wear, that will get crushed from being in the suitcase.?

I believe there are laundry rooms on the ship as well for passenger use.

thanks.

having lived in Montreal for over 50 years, we are doing this itinerary that was always on our list, as well as trying this luxury line.

Are there complimentary ironing services for formal/ dressy wear, that will get crushed from being in the suitcase.?

thanks.

Not complimentary, however laundry / pressing services are quite reasonable.

thanks.

Don't know how much cruising you have done but don't worry about anything. You have picked a line that's not going to leave you high and dry with anything you need..... Although they could use about two to four more machines when it gets busy in the self laundry room. Two existing ironing boards seem sufficient. And detergent is complementary.

We are also on the same voyage. Staying on the river in Montreal for a few days before and plan on walking the Old Town area. anything else we should see without a car?

Just a thought; since your boarding in your home town. You could just wear your formal ware when boarding and hang it up in your closet?

Thanks. We have cruised a lot and some lines offer complimentary pressing for a few articles of clothing. Was just wondering.

The steam shower is a good option.

As far as montreal( we now live in Ontario) visit Notre Dame cathedral( modelled after the Vatican . Also the Sailors church in old Montreal dedicated to Marguerite Bourgeois.

Take a caleche( horse drawn carriage) or city tour.

Gibbys restaurant in old Montreal is fabulous ,( especially steak and their salad). Specialty coffees( flambeed table side is fun)and in a historic stone building.

Breakfast or lunch- old Montreal at la Villette.

Dinner experience like being in France at Bonaparte .

Shopping street- St Catherine street

Eileen

Maybe because the age of the guests were a lot higher (I'd guess over 70) than our previous SB cruise, but whenever I was in the laundry on the Quest this past cruise, there was either none or one other person there. It never was crowded like the Odyssey was in the Med.

Luggage straps! I recently bought a suitcase with straps that close in the middle, and that was a mistake. Clothes wrinkled and minor items moved and caused more wrinkles to clothes. My old suitcase had double straps and all was held together. Just a thought.